Meanwhile, Republicans hard at work trying to steal the election

How much time are you willing to give them to count the ballots? A week? Two Weeks? A month?
Past elections have been counted quickly, now that Trump is in office, the democrats are trying to cause
chaos IMO to muck up the election.
They have done nothing overall for this country other than try and bring down a duly elected president.
They counted for weeks in 2000. Never had as many mail in ballots as are expected this year. Have heard not many states have had to deal with massive mail in voting. It will take longer, but I have no idea how long it takes to count possibly millions of mail in paper ballots. Do you?

To combat this Leftist ploy, I do hope Republican states have mailed out millions of ballots in rural areas etc.
The Right must learn to play dirty like the left.
They already have. States, like Utah, with large rural areas, have done mail in voting for decades. They are pretty Republican...in case you didn’t notice.
That's absentee voting where you ask for the ballot, not sending out millions of unsolicited ballots to anyone and everyone.

Could you at least try to bring an intellectually honest argument to the table?
I read where N. Carolina had over a million requested, that had been sent out. Have heard Washington, Oregon, Colorado and Utah have a lot of experience with it. Which states are sending them out wholesale, unrequested? I have heard it said, but have not idea which states they are or if it is even true.
You read and heard about one thing that aligns with your bias, but not the other.....Knock me over with a feather.

,.l
How much time are you willing to give them to count the ballots? A week? Two Weeks? A month?
Past elections have been counted quickly, now that Trump is in office, the democrats are trying to cause
They have done nothing overall for this country other than try and bring down a duly elected president.
They counted for weeks in 2000. Never had as many mail in ballots as are expected this year. Have heard not many states have had to deal with massive mail in voting. It will take longer, but I have no idea how long it takes to count possibly millions of mail in paper ballots. Do you?

To combat this Leftist ploy, I do hope Republican states have mailed out millions of ballots in rural areas etc.
They already have. States, like Utah, with large rural areas, have done mail in voting for decades. They are pretty Republican...in case you didn’t notice.
That's absentee voting where you ask for the ballot, not sending out millions of unsolicited ballots to anyone and everyone.

I don’t think you are capable of understanding what an “intellectually honest argument” is, based on the above.

Voting by mail has a long history of reliability in the United States, serving as the primary method of voting in Colorado, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Hawaii, which automatically send registered voters mail-in ballots.

States that vote by mail spent years cleaning up their rolls before enacting mail in only voting. You cannot vote by mail in many states because the voter registration lists are bloated with dead people and people no longer living there. In some states, illegals are on the rolls.

Do you have anything to support that?

Also, there are plenty of possible safeguards:

What security measures can be taken to protect against vote-by-mail fraud?
There are many. The ballot envelope itself can be designed to prevent fraud. Voters have to sign the envelope, and that signature can be compared to the one that’s already on file for the voter. It’s important to note, though, that there are best and worst practices with signature matching. When done incorrectly, it can disenfranchise eligible voters. Done correctly — which includes a review by a bipartisan group of election officials — it can be an effective deterrent for fraud.

States can also track ballots in transit. Much like a FedEx package, the ballot comes with a barcode that allows election officials and voters to track where the ballot is throughout the process. Most people who vote this way, however, do not send in ballots by mail. Instead, they drop them off at secure government offices or other locations. According to MIT’s election lab, in 2016:

73% of voters in Colorado, 59% in Oregon and 65% in Washington returned their ballots to some physical location such as a drop box or local election office. Even among those who returned their ballots by mail in these states, 47% dropped off their ballot at a U.S. Post Office or neighborhood mailbox rather than having their own postal worker pick it up at home.

These drop boxes can be made more secure with cameras or other security measures.

Finally, post-election audits can identify any irregularities that may remain. In 2018, a congressional election in North Carolina was marred by absentee ballot misconduct by a Republican political operative, requiring a revote. That misconduct was caught by a state post-election investigation.

For GODS SAKES coyote -- the article is about what COULD BE done.. AGAIN -- does not APPLY to MASS MAILINGS.. In fact, the post office often doesn't even put a TIME STAMP on the LOCAL MAIL... No timestamp -- no way of DETERMINING when the ballot was mailed out or when it came back...

Stop googling please...

NO! It is no different than how you get information!

AND YES, some of those measures DO APPLY.

There is very little difference between absentee and mail other than how you get the ballot. someone could just as “easily” call in or go online and fraudulently get an absentee ballot.

Whether absentee or universal mail in, ballots are only sent to the official address listed on voter registration rolls. The ballots also require voter signatures on the external envelope. Those signatures are compared the same way my signature at the polling place is compared to the one in their books.

Depending on the state, if a ballot appears questionable, they might use signature matching to verify that the signature is the signature of the voter.

If it is soooo much fraudulent then voting at the polls, I would think Colorado and Utah would lead in fraud...but in fact, it is quite the opposite.

Drive up voting would be cheaper and easier to implement with much less prep and much less error.

Our schools (voting stations) are fully up BTW.

,.l

I don’t think you are capable of understanding what an “intellectually honest argument” is, based on the above.

Voting by mail has a long history of reliability in the United States, serving as the primary method of voting in Colorado, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Hawaii, which automatically send registered voters mail-in ballots.

States that vote by mail spent years cleaning up their rolls before enacting mail in only voting. You cannot vote by mail in many states because the voter registration lists are bloated with dead people and people no longer living there. In some states, illegals are on the rolls.

Give me the name of all of these states that don't allow mail in or absentee voting.

Nothing in your post is true.

My state has been 100% mail in voting since 2005.

We also have a law that requires a person to vote. If you don't vote in 2 consecutive elections, your name is automatically dropped from the voting list and you can't vote until you register again. That law has been on the books for decades. At least since the 1980s. That's when I learned about the law.

My state didn't have to take any time to "clean up" our voting rolls. Our laws here require it done on a regular basis and that anyone who doesn't vote in 2 consecutive elections is automatically dropped from the voting rolls.

Also, give me the names of those illegals, the dead people and those who moved who are registered to vote in a federal presidential election.

In other words, back up your lies with proof.

Why SHORTEN it?

The problems aren’t because Trump is in office but because Covid has messed everything up.

So why shorten it?
Covid is the excuse, it's a political weapon being used. I can go to Costco, I can go to a bar.
I can go to the DMV, but I can't go vote in person????????
The problem IS that Trump is in office.

How long should we give them to figure it out with the count?
If the democrats have their way, it will be after Jan 16, 2021.
That date will usher in the real chaos.

So...again, why propose legislation to SHORTEN it?
Coyote, I can't even get an answer from you. I've asked twice.

Because your questions deflect from what this bill proposes Meister, which is to shorten the time period already in existence. Shorten it AT BOTH ENDS.

I will answer your questions, but they don’t address the issue.

Covid is not an excuse or political weapon, it is a reality, and each state deals with it differently and has different concerns for the safety of its citizens and ensuring a fair election.

Q: how long should we give them?
A: as long as reasonably needed, which would includes starting prior to the date specified in the bill and more than “within 24 hours”.
You see there it is, Coyote, Covid IS being used as a weapon. People are not locked up in their homes, Life is pretty much normal.
Social distance and keeping the paws disinfected works great. Nan can go to her hairdresser, people everyday are out and about
taking care of their everyday life. But, voting?????? Oh no, can't do that.
Your answer of the length of time is vague, at best, and could go on for months. It's a non answer.
I will give you my answer for Scott's request. I don't think there should be a 48 hour limit. I answered your question straight
on and not willy nilly. There has to be a cut off...even in this year.
By the way, have they stated how they are going to verify the signatures of millions of ballots?

It's a political game being played because of Trump

I think how daily life is affected by Covid depends very much on where you are.

People can go and vote at the polls of course. But many people will be afraid to, and for good reason.

But consider some of the logistics involve in maintaining a safe and secure place to vote in a dense urban area for example.

Social distancing (long long lines)
Time needed between voters or at intervals to sanitize.
Room occupancy limits (my polling place is a small church, with the entryway set up with the tables, pollworkers and forms and then about 4 voting booths in another small room beyond).

How many people would you get through before the polls closed? There are many areas that have long lines even in normal times.

As to how long, we’ll, start early and let’s say two weeks max. No one WANTS to delay knowing the results.

As to how to verify signatures? Same way they do now..when I sign for my ballot, my signature is compared to the one in their log book.
Early in-person voting is the way to go. If you requested a mail in ballot, I would drop it off in person, instead of mailing it in.

My state is 100% mail in ballot. No one has to request one here. If you're registered to vote, you get a ballot.

This election I will not put my ballot in the mail. I will take it to one of many ballot drop off boxes.

More people should do that. trump has messed up the mail so no one should be putting a ballot in the US Mail this year.

I read where N. Carolina had over a million requested, that had been sent out. Have heard Washington, Oregon, Colorado and Utah have a lot of experience with it. Which states are sending them out wholesale, unrequested? I have heard it said, but have not idea which states they are or if it is even true.

No state has sent out a ballot that wasn't requested with the exception of those states that are 100% mail in ballot.

One state, I think it was Michigan, sent out the forms to request a mail in ballot to everyone unsolicited.

These are two very different things.

It's just more of the republican lies. If they couldn't lie, they wouldn't have much of anything to say.
And of course 4 or 5 were added this year. I think we're up to about 8 or 9 states, plus DC. Could get messy, with all the new additions that have never generated the high number of mailed in / abasentee ballots in the past. I don't see this being over for a 3 days to a week after election and that is real charitable.

You read and heard about one thing that aligns with your bias, but not the other.....Knock me over with a feather.
Thanks for sharing your lack of insight, since you post as if you have more knowledge but prefer to keep it to yourself. Makes you kind of useless, doesn't it, troll?

But that is simply not true!!!

It has taken weeks to count all votes, including absentee ballots and military ballots etc, before votes are CERTIFIED by the State.

The only reason elections are called by TV stations EARLY, and on election night, is because there was a margin of victory greater than the absentee votes left to count.

Because of covid dangers, absentee voting and requests for absentee ballots have tripled or quadrupled in number....

Which obviously will take much much longer to count...

Rick Scott and the Trumpster, are working way too hard to disenfranchise American citizens, of their constitutional right to vote, and the vote be counted.

Shame on them, and their efforts to cheat Americans of their vote....

We live in a Democracy, not an Autocracy....

Time to make a choice, of what you really want your country to be...
Oh brother :rolleyes-41:
That is a load of BS, Care. Absentee ballots is different than what your tribe is trying to push.
Absentee ballots have a process of a request from the voter and a ballot IS THEN SENT TO THAT VOTER.
Signatures are verified.
Mail-in ballots are sent from a registrar's list that's blanketed. But YOU KNOW THAT, but just ignore that.
How long do you think it will take to validate the signatures of those mail-in ballots, Care?
Or, do you even care?
Rick Scott is trying to put the breaks on a foreseeable runaway train that your tribe is conducting.

. No one is mailing ballots to “everyone”. They are being mailed to registered voters. This is EXACTLY what the states I mentioned above do. In fact, they conduct their elections ENTIRELY by mail. Here, check for yourself:

If they mailed to registered voters in Tenn -- thank Gawd not -- I'd be getting one for a deceased father in law, one for a deceased Bro in Law and one for my daughter who's gonna vote probably somewhere else.. Do the math for the entire country..

With elections decided by 2 or 3 percent now -- the voter roll INACCURACY in most precincts are DOUBLE that margin..

So ... where are these horrendous rates of fraud in those states with universal mail in elections?
Google 'voter fraud state primaries'.

It’s good that there is a lot of political noise out there...SCOTUS, Trumps insistence there won’t be a peaceful transition of power unless he wins, constantly changing COVID rules, a rehash of Burisma from a nothing burger report, attempts to dismantle the post office right before a national election....it obscures what is going on.

Sen. Rick Scott thinks we should have less than 48 hours to count ballots.

On Thursday, Florida Sen. Rick Scott proposed a bill that would change election laws with less than six weeks to go until November’s election, causing complete mayhem and ensuring that untold numbers of otherwise valid votes would not be counted. Scott’s proposal is simple and entirely unworkable. His Help America Vote Act of 2020 would require that mail-in ballots be counted within 24 hours of when voting closes on Election Day. Scott’s proposed legislation would also prevent mail-in ballots received prior to Election Day from being processed and counted until the morning of Nov. 3, contradicting state election statutes across the country including one that he signed when he was governor of Florida. Basically, the bill would move back the date by which votes can start to be counted and move up the date by which the count must end. This would limit the count to a single less-than-48-hour window, shortening the count in some cases by weeks. In Scott’s own home state of Florida, as one example, votes can start to be counted up to 22 days before Election Day. In Colorado, which does all mail-in voting, they can be processed as soon as they are received and counted 15 days before Election Day. Under Scott’s law, those votes would all have to begin to be counted on Election Day itself. Any votes that did not get counted simply would not count.

The constitution guarantees a timely election.

The voting method that democrats have employed flies in the face of the constitution. You can take your issue to them. Indeed, many votes will be thrown out, and the democrat plan of swarming in as many fake ballots as are needed is history.

. No one is mailing ballots to “everyone”. They are being mailed to registered voters. This is EXACTLY what the states I mentioned above do. In fact, they conduct their elections ENTIRELY by mail. Here, check for yourself:

If they mailed to registered voters in Tenn -- thank Gawd not -- I'd be getting one for a deceased father in law, one for a deceased Bro in Law and one for my daughter who's gonna vote probably somewhere else.. Do the math for the entire country..

With elections decided by 2 or 3 percent now -- the voter roll INACCURACY in most precincts are DOUBLE that margin..

So ... where are these horrendous rates of fraud in those states with universal mail in elections?

The whole NJ election thrown out.

"There is no fraud!"

It’s good that there is a lot of political noise out there...SCOTUS, Trumps insistence there won’t be a peaceful transition of power unless he wins, constantly changing COVID rules, a rehash of Burisma from a nothing burger report, attempts to dismantle the post office right before a national election....it obscures what is going on.

On Thursday, Florida Sen. Rick Scott proposed a bill that would change election laws with less than six weeks to go until November’s election, causing complete mayhem and ensuring that untold numbers of otherwise valid votes would not be counted. Scott’s proposal is simple and entirely unworkable. His Help America Vote Act of 2020 would require that mail-in ballots be counted within 24 hours of when voting closes on Election Day. Scott’s proposed legislation would also prevent mail-in ballots received prior to Election Day from being processed and counted until the morning of Nov. 3, contradicting state election statutes across the country including one that he signed when he was governor of Florida. Basically, the bill would move back the date by which votes can start to be counted and move up the date by which the count must end. This would limit the count to a single less-than-48-hour window, shortening the count in some cases by weeks. In Scott’s own home state of Florida, as one example, votes can start to be counted up to 22 days before Election Day. In Colorado, which does all mail-in voting, they can be processed as soon as they are received and counted 15 days before Election Day. Under Scott’s law, those votes would all have to begin to be counted on Election Day itself. Any votes that did not get counted simply would not count.

The constitution guarantees a timely election.

The voting method that democrats have employed flies in the face of the constitution. You can take your issue to them. Indeed, many votes will be thrown out, and the democrat plan of swarming in as many fake ballots as are needed is history.
Where does it say that? The term “Elections Clause” refers to Art. 1, § 4, cl. 1, of the United States Constitution that reads as follows: “The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but Congress may at any time make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Place of chusing Senators.” The Elections Clause of the U.S. Constitution | Law Encyclopedia

Tell me, were you this upset when the Democrats decided we needed to institute universal mail-in balloting right before the election? Or is it only "shocking" and "evil" to you when Republicans suggest changing things?

Amen! Our very democracy is at stake in the upcoming 2020 Election.

HOW WILL TRUMP CHEAT NEXT?

And you're hoping and praying you and your masters can FINALLY get rid of it.

I believe every state has a very detailed schedule of election dates and deadlines as set by law. My understanding is that Florida law mandates that county canvassing boards have to submit official results to the Department of State on November 15, and the Secretary of State has to certify results on November 17. Demanding adherence to the existing laws works for me.

They found THREE US MAIL TRAYS of Republican votes in the trash in NJ... Over 1500 BALLOTS, WHICH HAVE NOW BEEN VERIFIED AND SENT FOR COUNTING.

Now how does that happen? They also found trays of opened ballots where the ballots could not be found, another 1,000 missing.... who did they vote for? Ballot harvesting and denial is in full swing in New Jersey.

Funny how they appear to favor democrats in all aspects...

Last edited:

When was the last deadly pandemic that you voted in? States should have as much time as they need to accurately count all ballots.

Spare me the fucking excuses. "Oh, but THIS, but THAT, rules don't apply because we WANT it!!"

I used to be amazed at the amount of shit you would shovel onto the right regardless of whether or not your side bears any of the same guilt.

Now I just expect pure biased dumbass.

Forum List

Back