Meanwhile, Republicans hard at work trying to steal the election

. No one is mailing ballots to “everyone”. They are being mailed to registered voters. This is EXACTLY what the states I mentioned above do. In fact, they conduct their elections ENTIRELY by mail. Here, check for yourself:

If they mailed to registered voters in Tenn -- thank Gawd not -- I'd be getting one for a deceased father in law, one for a deceased Bro in Law and one for my daughter who's gonna vote probably somewhere else.. Do the math for the entire country..

With elections decided by 2 or 3 percent now -- the voter roll INACCURACY in most precincts are DOUBLE that margin..

So ... where are these horrendous rates of fraud in those states with universal mail in elections?
Just show up or request. Thank you

It’s good that there is a lot of political noise out there...SCOTUS, Trumps insistence there won’t be a peaceful transition of power unless he wins, constantly changing COVID rules, a rehash of Burisma from a nothing burger report, attempts to dismantle the post office right before a national election....it obscures what is going on.

Sen. Rick Scott thinks we should have less than 48 hours to count ballots.

On Thursday, Florida Sen. Rick Scott proposed a bill that would change election laws with less than six weeks to go until November’s election, causing complete mayhem and ensuring that untold numbers of otherwise valid votes would not be counted. Scott’s proposal is simple and entirely unworkable. His Help America Vote Act of 2020 would require that mail-in ballots be counted within 24 hours of when voting closes on Election Day. Scott’s proposed legislation would also prevent mail-in ballots received prior to Election Day from being processed and counted until the morning of Nov. 3, contradicting state election statutes across the country including one that he signed when he was governor of Florida. Basically, the bill would move back the date by which votes can start to be counted and move up the date by which the count must end. This would limit the count to a single less-than-48-hour window, shortening the count in some cases by weeks. In Scott’s own home state of Florida, as one example, votes can start to be counted up to 22 days before Election Day. In Colorado, which does all mail-in voting, they can be processed as soon as they are received and counted 15 days before Election Day. Under Scott’s law, those votes would all have to begin to be counted on Election Day itself. Any votes that did not get counted simply would not count.
Sounds more like they’re trying to prevent the election from being stolen.
By disenfranchising voters?

It’s good that there is a lot of political noise out there...SCOTUS, Trumps insistence there won’t be a peaceful transition of power unless he wins, constantly changing COVID rules, a rehash of Burisma from a nothing burger report, attempts to dismantle the post office right before a national election....it obscures what is going on.

On Thursday, Florida Sen. Rick Scott proposed a bill that would change election laws with less than six weeks to go until November’s election, causing complete mayhem and ensuring that untold numbers of otherwise valid votes would not be counted. Scott’s proposal is simple and entirely unworkable. His Help America Vote Act of 2020 would require that mail-in ballots be counted within 24 hours of when voting closes on Election Day. Scott’s proposed legislation would also prevent mail-in ballots received prior to Election Day from being processed and counted until the morning of Nov. 3, contradicting state election statutes across the country including one that he signed when he was governor of Florida. Basically, the bill would move back the date by which votes can start to be counted and move up the date by which the count must end. This would limit the count to a single less-than-48-hour window, shortening the count in some cases by weeks. In Scott’s own home state of Florida, as one example, votes can start to be counted up to 22 days before Election Day. In Colorado, which does all mail-in voting, they can be processed as soon as they are received and counted 15 days before Election Day. Under Scott’s law, those votes would all have to begin to be counted on Election Day itself. Any votes that did not get counted simply would not count.
Sounds more like they’re trying to prevent the election from being stolen.
By disenfranchising voters?
No. By preventing voter fraud.
Mail-in ballots should be a marginal concern. People can go to the polling place and vote. If their excuse is Wuhan virus then just consider polling places as ‘peaceful voting protests’.

There is very little difference between absentee and mail other than how you get the ballot. someone could just as “easily” call in or go online and fraudulently get an absentee ballot.

Bullshit.. The absentee ballot was designed for people who were not gonna be in town on election day.. Was extended to the elderly, handicapped, other causes not be at the polls.. Like maybe a pandemic..

When you REQUEST one -- it has a chain of custody from the registrar to your home and back. If you're REQUESTING ONE for a dead person -- that's a felony.. And you sign a statement to that effect.

On LOW volume absentee ballots -- the registrars COMPARE EVERY SIGNATURE. Some even check county death records or sale of property notices in that county..

On MASS mailings, they will be incapable of doing this manually because of time/workers.

I am not going to follow along simply because you demand it. All forms of electing have a certain potential for fraud or mistakes, including voting at tbe polls. Do you have any actual data showing a greater amount of fraud or screw ups in the states with universal mail in voting vs. those tHat do not have it?

Because you're STLL not clear on the diff between Absentee mail in and MASS mail outs and ins -- your googling serves no purpose and YES there's even a RECENT THIS YEAR record of monumental screw-ups -- even CRIMES involving mass mailing of ballots.

Can't pull YOU out the swamp when you're still not recognizing the MASSIVE diff between the 2 things.

DID YA SEE THE PIC of ballots recovered from a Wisc DITCH that I just posted? That's just chicken feed compared to the cluster fuck about to happen..
I just read an article Where your state stands on mail-in voting. It speaks of states sending out applications for mail in voting to every registered voter in the state. An application is not a ballot. I could find no state that is doing what people on here say is being done. What state is sending out unrequested ballots. Name it, so I can check it or it is BS.
Here's where your state stands on mail-in voting

Funny, I don't see you complaining about activist judges extending counts beyond existing limits established by State laws. Also I didn't see you complaining when palousey tried to eliminate signature verifications for mail ballots or legalizing ballot harvesting nation wide, contradicting all but a couple of State laws, all within weeks of the election. Seems to me you should get your own hypocrisy in check before whining about something that will never happen.

You would have point if your claims were even remotely accurate. For example, no, Pelosi did not try to eliminate signature verification (A total lie).

They introduced a bill that states election officials must notify any voter whose signature was considered deficient and give them an opportunity to fix it.

That’s not by any means, a ban on signature verification.

Pot, meet kettle.

“…contradicting state election statutes across the country including one that he signed when he was governor of Florida.” ibid

Such is the hypocrisy of the reprehensible right.

How elections are conducted are the sole purview of the states.

This is yet another example of conservatives seeking to suppress the right to vote.

On Thursday, Florida Sen. Rick Scott proposed a bill that would change election laws with less than six weeks to go until November’s election, causing complete mayhem and ensuring that untold numbers of otherwise valid votes would not be counted. Scott’s proposal is simple and entirely unworkable. His Help America Vote Act of 2020 would require that mail-in ballots be counted within 24 hours of when voting closes on Election Day. Scott’s proposed legislation would also prevent mail-in ballots received prior to Election Day from being processed and counted until the morning of Nov. 3, contradicting state election statutes across the country including one that he signed when he was governor of Florida. Basically, the bill would move back the date by which votes were can start to be counted and move up the date by which the count must end. This would limit the count to a single less-than-48-hour window, shortening the count in some cases by weeks. In Scott’s own home state of Florida, as one example, votes can start to be counted up to 22 days before Election Day. In Colorado, which does all mail-in voting, they can be processed as soon as they are received and counted 15 days before Election Day. Under Scott’s law, those votes would all have to begin to be counted on Election Day itself. Any votes that did not get counted simply would not count.
He’s correct. Otherwise mysterious ballots start showing up until the Democrat wins. Just ask Senator McSally, who won her election on election night, but after a few days ballots were found being driven around in cars, and our corrupt Democrat Maricopa County Recorder (the guy who counts the votes) said those were good, and magically Sinema pulled ahead.

If it is soooo much fraudulent then voting at the polls, I would think Colorado and Utah would lead in fraud...but in fact, it is quite the opposite.

because you pulled a Brooking article whining about ABSENTEE ballots being not so bad.. How long before you get the diff?

Their chart MISINTERPRETING the Heritage data shows that MAIL-IN ballots in most of those states were CONFINED TO LOCAL AND STATE ELECTIONS.. All of which typically have lower turn-out by a LOT...

Look at the TOTAL VOTES cast by mail in Oregon for example for a 10 year period.. The TOTAL doesn't amount to more than total votes cast in ONE maybe TWO "federal elections in Oregon"..

How much time are you willing to give them to count the ballots? A week? Two Weeks? A month?
Past elections have been counted quickly, now that Trump is in office, the democrats are trying to cause
chaos IMO to muck up the election.
They have done nothing overall for this country other than try and bring down a duly elected president.
As long as necessary.

It’s understood that conservatives fear a large voter turnout, as Republican candidates tend to lose elections when turnout is high – which is why Republicans work to place obstacles to voting and seek to suppress the right to vote.

Scott’s proposed ‘legislation’ is an example of that effort.

. No one is mailing ballots to “everyone”. They are being mailed to registered voters. This is EXACTLY what the states I mentioned above do. In fact, they conduct their elections ENTIRELY by mail. Here, check for yourself:

If they mailed to registered voters in Tenn -- thank Gawd not -- I'd be getting one for a deceased father in law, one for a deceased Bro in Law and one for my daughter who's gonna vote probably somewhere else.. Do the math for the entire country..

With elections decided by 2 or 3 percent now -- the voter roll INACCURACY in most precincts are DOUBLE that margin..

So ... where are these horrendous rates of fraud in those states with universal mail in elections?

Your media sources are screwing you out of news. Don't have time right now to correct all that. But it's THERE -- Google it. Try Bing.. Maybe that's your issue..

Here's a clue that the cases I CITED AND YOU IGNORE really do exist.. You go back and find the post where I gave you MORE CLUES - where to look...

I dont expect you'll "process" this help in any meaningful way... but I'll find out if you ACTUALLY read that horror story all the way thru...

Suspect his bill will get rick-rolled into the circular file. Not going to fly in this lifetime.
True.

But it again illustrates the right’s fear and contempt for the voting process, that Republicans devote much of their time and effort coming up with ways to make it more difficult to exercise the right to vote, and to suppress votes intended to maintain their minority rule.

I am not going to follow along simply because you demand it. All forms of electing have a certain potential for fraud or mistakes, including voting at tbe polls. Do you have any actual data showing a greater amount of fraud or screw ups in the states with universal mail in voting vs. those tHat do not have it?

Because you're STLL not clear on the diff between Absentee mail in and MASS mail outs and ins -- your googling serves no purpose and YES there's even a RECENT THIS YEAR record of monumental screw-ups -- even CRIMES involving mass mailing of ballots.

Can't pull YOU out the swamp when you're still not recognizing the MASSIVE diff between the 2 things.

DID YA SEE THE PIC of ballots recovered from a Wisc DITCH that I just posted? That's just chicken feed compared to the cluster fuck about to happen..
I just read an article Where your state stands on mail-in voting. It speaks of states sending out applications for mail in voting to every registered voter in the state. An application is not a ballot. I could find no state that is doing what people on here say is being done. What state is sending out unrequested ballots. Name it, so I can check it or it is BS.

Not gonna find ANY ACCURATE DATA THERE chief... Your article is from BEGINNING JUNE.. Most of these state wide decisions were made or not approved til maybe 1st August..

I'll fetch for you tomorrow.. Or you can find a better source...

Funny, I don't see you complaining about activist judges extending counts beyond existing limits established by State laws. Also I didn't see you complaining when palousey tried to eliminate signature verifications for mail ballots or legalizing ballot harvesting nation wide, contradicting all but a couple of State laws, all within weeks of the election. Seems to me you should get your own hypocrisy in check before whining about something that will never happen.

You would have point if your claims were even remotely accurate. For example, no, Pelosi did not try to eliminate signature verification (A total lie).

They introduced a bill that states election officials must notify any voter whose signature was considered deficient and give them an opportunity to fix it.

That’s not by any means, a ban on signature verification.

It would eliminate, witness signatures or notary statement on mail in ballots. I also see you didn't address the harvesting issue or judges contradicting existing State laws and extending counts.

On Thursday, Florida Sen. Rick Scott proposed a bill that would change election laws with less than six weeks to go until November’s election, causing complete mayhem and ensuring that untold numbers of otherwise valid votes would not be counted. Scott’s proposal is simple and entirely unworkable. His Help America Vote Act of 2020 would require that mail-in ballots be counted within 24 hours of when voting closes on Election Day. Scott’s proposed legislation would also prevent mail-in ballots received prior to Election Day from being processed and counted until the morning of Nov. 3, contradicting state election statutes across the country including one that he signed when he was governor of Florida. Basically, the bill would move back the date by which votes were can start to be counted and move up the date by which the count must end. This would limit the count to a single less-than-48-hour window, shortening the count in some cases by weeks. In Scott’s own home state of Florida, as one example, votes can start to be counted up to 22 days before Election Day. In Colorado, which does all mail-in voting, they can be processed as soon as they are received and counted 15 days before Election Day. Under Scott’s law, those votes would all have to begin to be counted on Election Day itself. Any votes that did not get counted simply would not count.
He’s correct. Otherwise mysterious ballots start showing up until the Democrat wins. Just ask Senator McSally, who won her election on election night, but after a few days ballots were found being driven around in cars, and our corrupt Democrat Maricopa County Recorder (the guy who counts the votes) said those were good, and magically Sinema pulled ahead.

Yep, the same happened to put frankin in office, then they found more than 1200 ineligible felons voted for frankin which was double the margin of his victory. But the election was already certified by then and he was seated.

But it again illustrates the right’s fear and contempt for the voting process, that Republicans devote much of their time and effort coming up with ways to make it more difficult to exercise the right to vote, and to suppress votes intended to maintain their minority rule.
You are against all voter suppression ?

Not gonna find ANY ACCURATE DATA THERE chief... Your article is from BEGINNING JUNE.. Most of these state wide decisions were made or not approved til maybe 1st August..

I'll fetch for you tomorrow.. Or you can find a better source...
OK. Found a newer source. Looks like the 5 All Mail-In Voters states, very few plus this year California (this year, ought to be interesting) New Jersey (they are interesting no matter who is in the state house) and District of Columbia (surely trump has enough secret police to watch DC) sent out ballots addressed to last known mailing address of all registered voters.
Other than that, every other state requires that you apply online or in person to have a ballot sent to you and many do not allow just anybody to apply, some requiring a valid reason.
Voting By Mail? Double-Check Your State’s Deadlines Right Now

Forum List

Back