McHales Navy

Auld Phart

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2013
Just watched an episode from 1964, with one of the first appearances of Raquel Welch.

Naturally, she was in a swimsuit.

Just watched an episode from 1964, with one of the first appearances of Raquel Welch.

Was it as sweet as this:

into-the-blue-jessica-alba-butt-2.jpg

Was it as sweet as this:

View attachment 292017
They didn't wear bikinis in WW2

Actually, there were bikini style suits way back in the 30's, but it is largely accepted that it came about in 1946 after WWII, and it was partially because of the rationing.

History of the bikini - Wikipedia

Although two-piece bathing suits were being used by women as early as the 1930s, the bikini is commonly dated to 1946, when partly due to material rationing after World War II, French engineer Louis Réard introduced the modern bikini. It modeled by Micheline Bernardini, on July 5, 1946, the name for his design borrowing from the Bikini Atoll, where post-war testing on the atomic bomb were taking place.

French women welcomed the design but the Catholic Church, some media, and a majority of the public initially thought the design was risqué or even scandalous. Contestants in the first Miss World beauty pageant wore them in 1951, but the bikini was then banned from the competition. Actress Brigitte Bardot drew attention when she was photographed wearing a bikini on the beach during the Cannes Film Festival in 1953. Other actresses, including Rita Hayworth and Ava Gardner, also received press attention when they wore bikinis. During the early 1960s, the design appeared on the cover of Playboy and Sports Illustrated, giving it additional legitimacy. Ursula Andress made a huge impact when she emerged from the surf wearing what is now an iconic bikini in the James Bond movie Dr. No (1962). The deer skin bikini Raquel Welch wore in the film One Million Years B.C. (1966) turned her into an international sex symbol and was described as a definitive look of the 1960s.

And, just like everything else that is good, the Catholic church was against it.

Last edited:

Was it as sweet as this:

View attachment 292017
They did in the 60's I thought.

I thought.

Mistake on your part
I thought you weren't allowed to edit quotes? Lmao, typical.

The Romans invented the bikini. Not sure what they called them back then.

bikini-roman_2609116a-xlarge.jpg

Was it as sweet as this:

View attachment 292017
They did in the 60's I thought.

I thought.

Mistake on your part
I thought you weren't allowed to edit quotes? Lmao, typical.
You are not supposed to change the meaning to something the writer never said. But I believe it is generally OK to truncate text to the salient point to which you are referring, ie, to save space and/or it make it easier to read to find what it was you are replying to.

Was it as sweet as this:

View attachment 292017

Actually, there were bikini style suits way back in the 30's, but it is largely accepted that it came about in 1946 after WWII, and it was partially because of the rationing.

History of the bikini - Wikipedia

Although two-piece bathing suits were being used by women as early as the 1930s, the bikini is commonly dated to 1946, when partly due to material rationing after World War II, French engineer Louis Réard introduced the modern bikini. It modeled by Micheline Bernardini, on July 5, 1946, the name for his design borrowing from the Bikini Atoll, where post-war testing on the atomic bomb were taking place.

French women welcomed the design but the Catholic Church, some media, and a majority of the public initially thought the design was risqué or even scandalous. Contestants in the first Miss World beauty pageant wore them in 1951, but the bikini was then banned from the competition. Actress Brigitte Bardot drew attention when she was photographed wearing a bikini on the beach during the Cannes Film Festival in 1953. Other actresses, including Rita Hayworth and Ava Gardner, also received press attention when they wore bikinis. During the early 1960s, the design appeared on the cover of Playboy and Sports Illustrated, giving it additional legitimacy. Ursula Andress made a huge impact when she emerged from the surf wearing what is now an iconic bikini in the James Bond movie Dr. No (1962). The deer skin bikini Raquel Welch wore in the film One Million Years B.C. (1966) turned her into an international sex symbol and was described as a definitive look of the 1960s.

And, just like everything else that is good, the Catholic church was against it.
So murder is good? Must be because the Catholic Church is against it.

Forum List

Back