McGregor vs Mayweather game changer!

Mayweather is a woman beater, he is disgusting, I wouldn't pay a penny to watch him fight.

The NSAC just unanimously voted to approve 8 oz gloves! This will have a bigger impact on the fight than some people might think.

Nevada commission approves 8-ounce gloves for Mayweather vs. McGregor, who is 'very pleased'

Bookies are worried as the bets are so lopsided for Connor that it is driving the odds makers to handicap him.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/22/las-vegas-books-staring-down-mayweather-mcgregor-disaster/

I dont think it matters.

A professional boxer, one of the best pound for pound ever born, is going to fight a white MMA pro; one pro is fighting another pro at his own game.

Obviously Mayweather will win and suckers will bet for their race merely because Connor is white.

This is just a sucker play for Mayweather to pay off his tax debt and retire a rich man.

The NSAC just unanimously voted to approve 8 oz gloves! This will have a bigger impact on the fight than some people might think.

Nevada commission approves 8-ounce gloves for Mayweather vs. McGregor, who is 'very pleased'

Bookies are worried as the bets are so lopsided for Connor that it is driving the odds makers to handicap him.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/22/las-vegas-books-staring-down-mayweather-mcgregor-disaster/

I dont think it matters.

A professional boxer, one of the best pound for pound ever born, is going to fight a white MMA pro; one pro is fighting another pro at his own game.

Obviously Mayweather will win and suckers will bet for their race merely because Connor is white.

This is just a sucker play for Mayweather to pay off his tax debt and retire a rich man.
There are PLENTY of white fighters, but very few of them get any love. Do you know why Connor is so popular? It isnt because hes white; its because hes amazing at talking shit and the spectacle of it is fun to watch.

Do you know why Mayweather is hated? It isnt because hes black; its because hes known for beating women. Do you know why Mayweather sells so many PPVs? Its because people want to see him get punched in the face and also hopefully see him lose.

This isnt a racial issue at all.

As for the odds, there are plenty of winnable bets you can make on Connor. There is a place that took bets 3 months ago on Connor winning a single round. The pay out is 28-1, and the odds were locked, regardless of how many people bet on Connor after that. Its too late to get in on that action now, but if you jumped on board at that time, you could have made some easy money. Connor can absolutely win 1 round.

You can also bet on Connor not getting finished. Chances are, MW wont KO Connor. Its going to be a decision win.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter. To me this has all the trappings of a Kimbo Slice type event. MacGregor hasn't even competed at a golden gloves level of boxing. Mayweather is having to talk his own talents down to sell this thing.

Like someone said, Mayweather is absolutely hated. People are only taking MacGregor since taking Mayweather only makes you decent cash if you bet thousands. Vegas odds aren't who Vegas thinks will win, but them earning their vig.

There are PLENTY of white fighters, but very few of them get any love. Do you know why Connor is so popular? It isnt because hes white; its because hes amazing at talking shit and the spectacle of it is fun to watch.

Do you know why Mayweather is hated? It isnt because hes black; its because hes known for beating women. Do you know why Mayweather sells so many PPVs? Its because people want to see him get punched in the face and also hopefully see him lose.

As for the odds, there are plenty of winnable bets you can make on Connor. There is a place that took bets 3 months ago on Connor winning a single round. The pay out is 28-1, and the odds were locked, regardless of how many people bet on Connor after that. Its too late to get in on that action now, but if you jumped on board at that time, you could have made some easy money. Connor can absolutely win 1 round.

You can also bet on Conor not getting finished. Chances are, MW wont KO Conor. Its going to be a decision win.

The fight does have a racial component to why so many are pulling for McGregor to win, but that is not the sole cause for it.

But Conor is just another 'Great White Hope' and he is going to get his ass handed to him by Floyd who at 49-0 is probably the best boxer ever born, IMO.

And the betting is off the charts. While 75% of the money is on Mayweather, most bets by count are on Conor. Average size of bet on Conor is around $200, while the average is over $8,000 on Mayweather. The way the odds pay out though, of Conor wins, bookies will lose seven figures on this fight.

That aint gonna happen, dude.

$1M bets on Mayweather spark odds shakeup

You can also bet on Conor not getting finished. Chances are, MW wont KO Conor. Its going to be a decision win.

The fight does have a racial component to why so many are pulling for McGregor to win, but that is not the sole cause for it.

But Conor is just another 'Great White Hope' and he is going to get his ass handed to him by Floyd who at 49-0 is probably the best boxer ever born, IMO.

And the betting is off the charts. While 75% of the money is on Mayweather, most bets by count are on Conor. Average size of bet on Conor is around $200, while the average is over $8,000 on Mayweather. The way the odds pay out though, of Conor wins, bookies will lose seven figures on this fight.

There's no money to be made on MW. That's why so many are betting on Connor.

Personally I'd like nothing better than to see both of them seriously injured.

That said, as much as I hate Mayweather I'd love a first punch knockout from the champ. They're both getting paid no matter who wins. Fuck McGregor.

Bryant Gumbel said it best - only 43 seconds:

Personally I'd like nothing better than to see both of them seriously injured.

That said, as much as I hate Mayweather I'd love a first punch knockout from the champ. They're both getting paid no matter who wins. Fuck McGregor.

Bryant Gumbel said it best - only 43 seconds:

Isn't it a little hypocritical to for you to say you want to see them both injured, but then post a video about civility?

Looks like a 12% pay off on Mayweather and about an 8 to one on McGregor.

But as I am pretty sure Mayweather is going to win, it really doesnt matter IMO.

The bookies will definitely feel; it though if Conor wins, lol.

Looks like a 12% pay off on Mayweather and about an 8 to one on McGregor.

But as I am pretty sure Mayweather is going to win, it really doesnt matter IMO.

The bookies will definitely feel; it though if Conor wins, lol.
It'll be catastrophic for bookies.

Las Vegas faces 'one of the worst losses in history' if McGregor wins

The bookies need to tell Mayweather to get his ass in bed at a proper time before the fight.

Mayweather is staying up late, till early morning, at his strip club to promote it.

Floyd Mayweather is going to spend every night until 'The Money Fight' in a strip club

That is an arrogant thing to do and suggests that Mayweather is not taking this fight seriously.

Meanwhile McGregor is living with a nutritionist to make sure he gets down to a HEALTHY weight, and not dehydrated.

Conor McGregor: Floyd Mayweather's strip club 'like a crack den' (no offense to workers)

So i think the odds of an upset have gone up. The contrast in attitudes for the fight, the 8 ounce gloves, Mayweathers lack of sleep, and the fact that McGregor is studying unconventional forms to fight with against Mayweather tells me that,. though the fight is heavily favoring Mayweather, the chances of an upset are huge.

Ido Portal is training McGregor in unconventional reaction training and 'noodle arms' flex trainging, and has been for years.

McGregor's Famous Pool Noodle Trainer Is Back In Odd New Training Vid

As silly as it seems, though, we can’t argue with results. Portal has been with McGregor from his featherweight title run up to winning the lightweight title and becoming the only man to hold two UFC belts simultaneously. His methods are unconventional, but then again, so is McGregor himself. He’s going to need a whole lot of unconventional moves if he hopes to land a decent shot against Mayweather, largely considered to be one of the most effective defensive boxers of all time.​

MMA fight analyst Hardy is making some good points about McGregor's inexperience in pro boxing. While McGregor can study all of mayweathers fights against Southpaws, there are NO videos on McGregor's boxing techniques, and he is trying to develop unconventional styles and approaches to take Mayweathers advantage in experience away from him a little bit.

WATCH: McGregor's unconventional approach is changing the game

And in response, Mayweather is closing his club every night till the fight?

This fight very well could wind up being a classic case of 'Pride goeth before the fall.'

So I am feeling like this fight is more 2:1 in favor of Mayweather, but Jeebus, I wouldnt bet the house, not any more.

The bookies need to tell Mayweather to get his ass in bed at a proper time before the fight.

Mayweather is staying up late, till early morning, at his strip club to promote it.

Floyd Mayweather is going to spend every night until 'The Money Fight' in a strip club

That is an arrogant thing to do and suggests that Mayweather is not taking this fight seriously.

Meanwhile McGregor is living with a nutritionist to make sure he gets down to a HEALTHY weight, and not dehydrated.

Conor McGregor: Floyd Mayweather's strip club 'like a crack den' (no offense to workers)

So i think the odds of an upset have gone up. The contrast in attitudes for the fight, the 8 ounce gloves, Mayweathers lack of sleep, and the fact that McGregor is studying unconventional forms to fight with against Mayweather tells me that,. though the fight is heavily favoring Mayweather, the chances of an upset are huge.

Ido Portal is training McGregor in unconventional reaction training and 'noodle arms' flex trainging, and has been for years.

As silly as it seems, though, we can’t argue with results. Portal has been with McGregor from his featherweight title run up to winning the lightweight title and becoming the only man to hold two UFC belts simultaneously. His methods are unconventional, but then again, so is McGregor himself. He’s going to need a whole lot of unconventional moves if he hopes to land a decent shot against Mayweather, largely considered to be one of the most effective defensive boxers of all time.​

MMA fight analyst Hardy is making some good points about McGregor's inexperience in pro boxing. While McGregor can study all of mayweathers fights against Southpaws, there are NO videos on McGregor's boxing techniques, and he is trying to develop unconventional styles and approaches to take Mayweathers advantage in experience away from him a little bit.

This fight very well could wind up being a classic case of 'Pride goeth before the fall.'

So I am feeling like this fight is more 2:1 in favor of Mayweather, but Jeebus, I wouldnt bet the house, not any more.

I still would struggle with 50:1 much less anything like 2:1. There are no videos on McGregor's boxing because he's not a boxer. He hasn't even competed at golden gloves levels. And there's also a reason there isn't "unconventional moves" in boxing. People have tried them, they don't work. It's like how EVERY MMA fighter uses the brazilian jiujitsu takedowns and defense. Sure when Royce Gracie was fighting, we had Sambo, wrestling, Judo, etc.

It's like saying "Well there's no tape on Stephen Curry's ability to play QB for the New York Jets, and he plans on using unorthodox throwing motions that NFL QB's haven't used before to be successful." No, he's not outplaying Tom Brady with that.

I mean look at Mayweather. He's talking himself down in this fight, trying to get interest that he might lose. His camp is trying to put out information that this fight will have a chance at an upset even talking about his sleeping habits now. McGregors camp is doing all they can, especially with the Maggliano stuff to try and make him look like a real boxer.

I still would struggle with 50:1 much less anything like 2:1. There are no videos on McGregor's boxing because he's not a boxer. He hasn't even competed at golden gloves levels. And there's also a reason there isn't "unconventional moves" in boxing. People have tried them, they don't work. It's like how EVERY MMA fighter uses the brazilian jiujitsu takedowns and defense. Sure when Royce Gracie was fighting, we had Sambo, wrestling, Judo, etc.

It's like saying "Well there's no tape on Stephen Curry's ability to play QB for the New York Jets, and he plans on using unorthodox throwing motions that NFL QB's haven't used before to be successful." No, he's not outplaying Tom Brady with that.

I mean look at Mayweather. He's talking himself down in this fight, trying to get interest that he might lose. His camp is trying to put out information that this fight will have a chance at an upset even talking about his sleeping habits now. McGregors camp is doing all they can, especially with the Maggliano stuff to try and make him look like a real boxer.
Actually, any fighter who is known for having good take downs, does not use Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu style take downs. Wrestlers have the best take downs BY FAR. Its simply a way better technique.

Actually, any fighter who is known for having good take downs, does not use Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu style take downs. Wrestlers have the best take downs BY FAR. Its simply a way better technique.

You are right, I actually meant to just write ground defense there. But you are making it a pretty strong point. There's clear obvious techniques that are honed by fighters based on the past 20 years of ring experience of what works and what doesn't. Sure every once in a while a sport makes a huge evolutionary jump. The idea of jumping over the crossbar at the high jump backwards is a perfect example of one. The decision to use the flanker position with Don Hutson as a key weapon was one. But those were guys who'd been in the sport for years. I don't see Floyd in the last couple months becoming that type of impact to the sport. And without that, his abnormal techniques are just what could be considered poor technique. In Boxing that same technique building goes back over a century.

Like instead of going with a kickboxing standup (western or Muay Thai) and a Wrestling/BJJ ground game, choosing capioera for the standup, and aikido for the grappling in MMA. You'd need to be SO MUCH MORE talented than your opponent to win with those styles.

Wrestling is better at take downs, but not at breaking limbs and submissions because many of them are illegal in wrestling but not in MMA.

Forum List

Back