McDonald's president who made $7.4 million last year says proposal to pay fast-food workers $22 an hour is 'costly and job-destroying'

WTF is with leftists and their extremely poor comprehension skills? Is it public school or what? Read what I wrote again, or better still, have somebody else read it for you and explain what it says.
So, you are saying you didn't write this in a thread where the topic is Mcdonald's paying a fair wage...?

And don't forget back in the day, stay at home mothers would also work these jobs when the kids were in school for extra money. My mother was a waitress at Denny's while we were in school.

The real problem we have is Democrats want more government dependents. The more government dependents, the more likely Democrat voters.

Note to self: stop communicating with the retards. It is a waste of time.

So, you are saying you didn't write this in a thread where the topic is Mcdonald's paying a fair wage...?

Note to self: stop communicating with the retards. It is a waste of time.
You seem to enjoy calling other people "retards".
You know who else does? 10 year olds.

The retard is you since you can't quote me where I ever said that. If you leftists didn't have lies you'd have nothing.
Learn to read, retard. I quoted your exact words. Are you usually this dumb or did we catch you on a bad day? :itsok:

No, quote, as in highlight where I said this in my post, hit the quote button, and post it in the reply section.
I already did, retard. Is there an award for site retard that you are trying to win? Guess what? Congrats, you have. :itsok:

Q: How many people will be willing to spend $25 for a #1 combo?

A: Zero.

Result: The $22/hr workers are given a choice: accept a normal rate for unskilled work that kids do in high school of around $11 an hour, or be terminated.

If the people of a state vote for something and I do not live in that state I'm not sure why it's any of my business or why I should care.
Fair to say, but stupidity had a knack for going federal. (See: Romneycare)

Kind of hard to get black folks to participate in Klan or white supremacist oriented commercials.
Until recently I can’t recall ever seeing a commercial that had a political message at all. Business used to avoid politics like the plague because whatever position they advocated, they alienated the customers on the other side of the issue. I never once saw a commercial that advocated for either the Klan or white supremacy. I never saw one that denigrated any race or religion. If you want radio or TV programming that denigrated any race, you have to go back to the days of Amos and Andy. The only TV character that denigrated other races was Archie Bunker and it was done to make him look bad. I suppose you think Blazing Saddles was denigrating blacks. Instead it was denigrating whites. Mel Brooks lampooned everyone, that’s why he was funny and successful.

Last edited:
True. But then they also don't expect people to do a good job and of course they shouldn't. Effort is tied to pay.
In high school I worked fast food for the current minimum wage $1.65 an hour. We worked hard and fast for that and had a lot of fun. We were all high school and college students, the restaurant had two adults plus a manager that worked days full time backed up by college students with free periods. The adults were not the sharpest tacks in the box and minimum wage was all they were worth. All of us students out worked them while having fun.

They used to be those kinds of jobs. Manufacturing jobs that paid well went overseas. Farm jobs get done by illegals.
Except illegals are doing every unskilled and semi-skilled job. Construction? Almost all illegals. Food industry? Almost all illegals. Farming? All illegals. Custodial and hotel/motel? All illegals. With some states giving illegals licenses, trucking is heading the same way. I believe California is allowing Mexican trucks something like a hundred miles north of the border. Unless a job requires a certification illegals are pushing citizens out of it.

Correct, most of the income went to the middle-class. Who wants to run a business where the workers get most of the money a company makes?

That's why the movement started of moving companies to China. When unions were strong, we were the manufacturing capital of the world, today China is. As for unions, most of the union jobs today are government jobs.
The unions had nothing to do with us being the manufacturing capital of the world. The fact that we were the only major country not trashed by WWII either fiscally or physically was responsible for that.

Forum List

Back