McDonald's president who made $7.4 million last year says proposal to pay fast-food workers $22 an hour is 'costly and job-destroying'

People shouldn't have to work two jobs just so others can continue to have a cheap burger.
/---/ There is a limit to how much people will pay for a fast food burger served in a paper bag. For about $18, I can go to a nearby bistro for a well-made, quality burger, hand-cut fries, and toppings. Coffee refills are usually free, or I can get water for free, soda, or a beer for more $$. Plus I sit at a table and will be served.

/---/ There is a limit to how much people will pay for a fast food burger served in a paper bag. For about $18, I can go to a nearby bistro for a well-made, quality burger, hand-cut fries, and toppings. Coffee refills are usually free, or I can get water for free, soda, or a beer for more $$.

I can get all the free refills I want at Wendy's.

Does somebody do your grocery shopping for you or something? You don't understand there are different grades and qualities of meat?

I have zero evidence that wendy's burgers meat is different from five guys.
Unless you can present such evidence the delta falls to perceived value and that 20% delta in wages accounts for that.

Unless you can present such evidence the delta falls to perceived value and that 20% delta in wages accounts for that.
/----/ Not sure if this answers your question. Here ya go:

So Subway and Wendy's get at least an honorable mention. (Most of the places on the list I've never heard about or ever saw). If I eat fast food most of the time it's one of these two.

Not at all but sincerely thanks for trying.

I mean for railroading or earth moving equipment, which is what I really want to do.
Well then, you answered your own question, didn't you?

Holy hell, $22 an hour?? I'm making that right now slaving away at 12 hour factory shifts loading trucks... What's to stop me from moving to a burger flipper job and leaving the manufacturing scene then?

I'm not familiar with Five Guys. About a year ago a friend of mine stopped over and I believe what he brought for dinner was from them, but I can't be sure.

In any case thanks to the labor shortage, there are huge price differences in the quality of beef and pork. A few months ago I wanted to make sloppy joe's. I bought the cheap stuff. I could barely chew the shit. But it was a couple of bucks cheaper than the good stuff. Never again.

A blind person can taste the quality difference between McDonald's and Wendy's. It's simply better quality of beef.

Forum List

Back