McConnell threatened to convict Trump if he pardons Julian Assange

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016
Tucker Carlson
ā€”
McConnell threatened to convict Trump if he pardons Julian Assangeā€¦

Tucker Carlson ā€” McConnell threatened to convict Trump if he pardons Julian Assangeā€¦ ā€“ CITIZEN FREE PRESS
19 Jan 2021 ~~
Mitch McConnell has sent word over the White House ā€“ If you pardon Julian Assange we are much more likely to convict you in an impeachment trial. Well, is it legal to hold that over a presidentā€™s head? Weā€™re not lawyers, we donā€™t know. Itā€™s certainly wrong. But more than that, it tells you everything about their priorities.ā€

Comment:
Carlson is correct. Mitch is crapping his pants about Assange, so I think President Trump should tell Mitch to piss up a rope and move forward with a pardon for Assange.
I want Trump to have a full trial in the Senate. His side of the story needs to be heard. Due process is his right, just as it is for all Americans.
Once the person resigns, quits, departs or dies the office of the president impeachment is unnecessary and invalid.
However, I wouldnā€™t put anything past Nancy, her Progressive Marxist friends in Congress and the RINO "Turtle".
The "Turtle" is a back stabber and will more than likely impeach Trump in any case.
Declassified documents have shown that Steele admitted to the FBI that he leaked the Russian collusion story to help Clinton overcome her lingering email scandal:
First Trump declassified Russia document: Christopher Steele's 2017 confession to the FBI

Tucker Carlson
ā€”

Tucker Carlson ā€” McConnell threatened to convict Trump if he pardons Julian Assangeā€¦ ā€“ CITIZEN FREE PRESS
19 Jan 2021 ~~
Mitch McConnell has sent word over the White House ā€“ If you pardon Julian Assange we are much more likely to convict you in an impeachment trial. Well, is it legal to hold that over a presidentā€™s head? Weā€™re not lawyers, we donā€™t know. Itā€™s certainly wrong. But more than that, it tells you everything about their priorities.ā€

Comment:
Carlson is correct. Mitch is crapping his pants about Assange, so I think President Trump should tell Mitch to piss up a rope and move forward with a pardon for Assange.
I want Trump to have a full trial in the Senate. His side of the story needs to be heard. Due process is his right, just as it is for all Americans.
Once the person resigns, quits, departs or dies the office of the president impeachment is unnecessary and invalid.
However, I wouldnā€™t put anything past Nancy, her Progressive Marxist friends in Congress and the RINO "Turtle".
The "Turtle" is a back stabber and will more than likely impeach Trump in any case.
Declassified documents have shown that Steele admitted to the FBI that he leaked the Russian collusion story to help Clinton overcome her lingering email scandal:
First Trump declassified Russia document: Christopher Steele's 2017 confession to the FBI
The Senate won't try Trump until he has already lost his pardon power. Trump has been moderating his behavior because he's afraid of pissing off more Republican senators.

Tucker Carlson
ā€”

19 Jan 2021 ~~

Comment:
There is absolutely still a point after he is out of office. Itā€™s accountability. Itā€™s recognition by both parties that Trump has been lying and his followers are misinformed. That needs to happen before these conspiracy nuts do more damage. Their megaphone has been to loud for too long. Time to move on and get back to business

Tucker Carlson
ā€”

19 Jan 2021 ~~

Comment:
There is absolutely still a point after he is out of office. Itā€™s accountability. Itā€™s recognition by both parties that Trump has been lying and his followers are misinformed. That needs to happen before these conspiracy nuts do more damage. Their megaphone has been to loud for too long. Time to move on and get back to business
Conviction would be a blessing for the Republican party. It would clear the field for a lot of people to run for the nomination. And because Trump wouldn't be able to tease a potential run for 3 years, it allows the Party to focus it's attention on rebuilding.

Tucker Carlson
ā€”

19 Jan 2021 ~~

Comment:
Conviction would be a blessing for the Republican party. It would clear the field for a lot of people to run for the nomination. And because Trump wouldn't be able to tease a potential run for 3 years, it allows the Party to focus it's attention on rebuilding.
I sure hope they do some rebuilding. They have been hard to support lately

What does the impeachment have to do with Assange?

This is an attempt at blackmail and McConnell should be removed from office.
I'm wondering how many other senators he threatened if they did not vote to certify Biden with him.
Itā€™s pretty clear the real ā€œtraitorā€ is McConnell, not Pence.

It used to be that treason was a crime against the country and the Constitution. Sadly, it is come to be seen as a crime against Trump.

Pretty pathetic, really. Putting allegiance to an orange god ahead of the country. Trump and the country are not the same thing. It's perfectly OK to oppose him, whichever party you chose.

I don't think Trump would run again, but he may become the king maker from here on. I hope that he picks Ted Cruz as the next guy to take up his cudgel to crush the Left....

I don't think Trump would run again, but he may become the king maker from here on. I hope that he picks Ted Cruz as the next guy to take up his cudgel to crush the Left....
Cruz has really hurt his career. He might be able to rebuild it at some point, but it isn't going to be easy. Donors are running away from him fast.

It used to be that treason was a crime against the country and the Constitution. Sadly, it is come to be seen as a crime against Trump.

Pretty pathetic, really. Putting allegiance to an orange god ahead of the country. Trump and the country are not the same thing. It's perfectly OK to oppose him, whichever party you chose.

No, itā€™s about allegiance to the Constitution. McConnell failed.

Your new hero isnā€™t doing much better, and he isnā€™t even sworn in yet. Demanding that US troops swear an oath of loyalty to him, when they already swore an oath to the Constitution. So donā€™t lecture us about ā€œloyalty to one manā€, President Trump never demanded troops be ā€œscreened for loyalistsā€ like Biden is already doing. So fuck off, troll.

It would be the end of the GOP. And good riddance.

Just published by Forbes:
Fox News Lays Off Staffers As Trump Leaves Office (forbes.com)

Managing editor Bill Sammon and political editor Chris Stirewalt, who publicly oversaw the network's election night projections, are both out at Fox News as part of the cuts targeting its editorial operations, and specifically the digital desk.
According to the Daily Beast, departing staffers said the cuts are part of a "purge" meant to push the views of the network's right-wing primetime opinion shows into its news coverage.
PROMOTED.

Fox News faced widespread criticism from both Trump supporters and data analysts for calling Arizona for President-elect Joe Biden on election night, even though Biden did manage to ultimately win the state.
But some Trump supporters viewed the call, and the networkā€™s subsequent refusal to boost the president's baseless claims of voter fraud as a sort of betrayal from the right-leaning network.
A source familiar with the layoffs denied the cuts came as a reaction to the election coverage, telling Forbes the network was streamlining after a staffing bump to cover the 2020 election.

Even Fox News is purging their ranks...

Forum List

Back