McConnell strives to counter 'bad advice' to boost U.S. Republican vaccination rate

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Well...looks like the Turtle is worried about his base:

U.S. Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell blamed misinformation for the low rates of COVID-19 vaccination among Americans, which are fueling a rise in coronavirus cases, particularly in Republican-dominated states.
"There is bad advice out there, you know. Apparently you see that all over the place: people practicing medicine without a license, giving bad advice. And that bad advice should be ignored," the 79-year-old Kentucky lawmaker told Reuters.
A rise in cases driven by the highly contagious Delta variant led U.S. health officials on Tuesday to urge fully vaccinated Americans to resume wearing masks in indoor public spaces in much of the country, including much of the southeastern United States from Texas to Florida.
A few prominent Republicans, including Alabama Governor Kay Ivey, have begun speaking out against false claims and conspiracy theories promoted in conservative media that are leading some Americans to reject vaccines.

Lost is all this is that the vaxx controversy is further dividing the Republicans from the Trumpistas--will it matter at the ballot box?

Lost is all this is that the vaxx controversy is further dividing the Republicans from the Trumpistas--will it matter at the ballot box?
Well... THAT'S the question, innit? I think we'll begin to get a more accurate picture of that after November 2022. Trump is the GOP's future, not McConnell or one of the RINO stooges in the House. The Democrats are mocking Trump's supporters for allowing him to "scam" them for donations.

What they don't usually mention is the ugly fact (for the RINOs) that Trump has raised TWICE the amount that the RNC has raised. His supporters will fund his campaign goals and they will stiff-arm the Establishment punks that sold him out after the election theft. 2022 may well become a blood bath for the Establishment Republicans. I just don't see the RNC spending large to go to war against Trump candidates but who knows? Maybe they'll think they can "rescue" THEIR party from him. They haven't yet gotten out of denial about the strength and longevity of his support. Sooner or later, they'll get on board or they'll get left in the wake of change.

I am REALLY pumped about 2022. I am one of the "nutters" who fully believe your party conspired to defraud Trump of his victory and the most obvious proof for that is the Republican gains in statehouses. There is no precedent EVER for a presidential candidate to lose the election but to propel significant down-ticket candidates to victory. Trump's coattails were impossible if he had "no coat". Don't believe it? Watch the wailing and gnashing of Democrat teeth as the Rs use their gains to Gerrymander even more wins. What was it the Tan Messiah so memorably intoned? "ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES" Indeed, they do...

Well... THAT'S the question, innit? I think we'll begin to get a more accurate picture of that after November 2022. Trump is the GOP's future, not McConnell or one of the RINO stooges in the House. The Democrats are mocking Trump's supporters for allowing him to "scam" them for donations.

What they don't usually mention is the ugly fact (for the RINOs) that Trump has raised TWICE the amount that the RNC has raised. His supporters will fund his campaign goals and they will stiff-arm the Establishment punks that sold him out after the election theft. 2022 may well become a blood bath for the Establishment Republicans. I just don't see the RNC spending large to go to war against Trump candidates but who knows? Maybe they'll think they can "rescue" THEIR party from him. They haven't yet gotten out of denial about the strength and longevity of his support. Sooner or later, they'll get on board or they'll get left in the wake of change.

I am REALLY pumped about 2022. I am one of the "nutters" who fully believe your party conspired to defraud Trump of his victory and the most obvious proof for that is the Republican gains in statehouses. There is no precedent EVER for a presidential candidate to lose the election but to propel significant down-ticket candidates to victory. Trump's coattails were impossible if he had "no coat". Don't believe it? Watch the wailing and gnashing of Democrat teeth as the Rs use their gains to Gerrymander even more wins. What was it the Tan Messiah so memorably intoned? "ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES" Indeed, they do...
Well..ideally, elections are supposed to have consequences. It's the unforeseen ones that come back to haunt us. The reason for the down-ticket disparity is pretty easy..it was a wholesale rejection of Trump the man--not so much of Republican positions.
BTW, I'm not a Dem...I'm quite happy with my local and state representation..all Republican.
Now if I lived in the North of my state..I'd be a bit ashamed..they have some real nutterz up there holding office.

If this infrastructure bill passes..and the funding bill passes--won't really matter if they lose both houses.

New Topics

Forum List

Back