McConnell Flashback: ‘Everyone Should Pay Their Fair Share, Including The Rich’

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Today, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) named three Republicans to the fiscal super committee that was created by the debt ceiling deal. All three have taken the Americans for Tax Reform anti-tax pledge and support a cockamamie constitutional balanced budget amendment. “What I can pretty certainly say to the American people, the chances of any kind of tax increase passing with this, with the appointees that John Boehner and I are going to put on there, are pretty low,” McConnell has said.

But McConnell has not always been so virulently anti-tax. In fact, in a 1990 campaign ad, McConnell said that “everyone should pay their fair share, including the rich,” prompting the Associated Press to say that he sounded like a “populist Democrat”:

MORE: FLASHBACK: In 1990 Campaign Ad, McConnell Said ‘I Think Everyone Should Pay Their Fair Share, Including The Rich’ | ThinkProgress

Just another GOP hypocrite trying to keep a black president from winning reelection - while holding America hostage in the process. Sad...

Today, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) named three Republicans to the fiscal super committee that was created by the debt ceiling deal. All three have taken the Americans for Tax Reform anti-tax pledge and support a cockamamie constitutional balanced budget amendment. “What I can pretty certainly say to the American people, the chances of any kind of tax increase passing with this, with the appointees that John Boehner and I are going to put on there, are pretty low,” McConnell has said.

But McConnell has not always been so virulently anti-tax. In fact, in a 1990 campaign ad, McConnell said that “everyone should pay their fair share, including the rich,” prompting the Associated Press to say that he sounded like a “populist Democrat”:

MORE: FLASHBACK: In 1990 Campaign Ad, McConnell Said ‘I Think Everyone Should Pay Their Fair Share, Including The Rich’ | ThinkProgress

I’d offer that you and McConnell probably have a much different vision of just what a “fair share” is.

I’d offer that you and McConnell probably have a much different vision of just what a “fair share” is.​
The general-population has NO problem....

McConnell is right.

Everyone should pay their fair share. And the rich are already paying their fair share.....AND MORE!!!!

The rich pay the highest net amount, and the highest % of income.

So, what exactly is "fair share"? Oh, I get it. Just MORE in general, right? Just enough to keep your entitlements coming? Right?

Get a fucking job and pay YOUR fair share you left wing morons.

Yep... everyone should pay their fair share

EVERYONE

Not just 50 or 51% of us, but ALL of us.

I agree.

So you were against the Bush tax cuts that created the situation where so many don't pay income tax in the first place?

And you are now in favor of letting them lapse without renewal?

When congress took upon itself the power to tax you differently from me, they stepped outside the constitution.

Every individual should be taxed at EXACTLY the same rates. Every business should be taxed at EXACTLY the same rates.

Google Search: Profitability of the Tax Preparation Industry

:eek: HOW many BILLION$ do we spend per year, just to do the fucking paperwork required to work here?!?

Simple taxes = Fair taxes

Fair taxes, a budget balanced by law and then build a government your children can be proud of.

The time to swell the unemployment lines with tax attorneys is overdue.

It all depends on what is considered a fair share.

Not only do higher-income taxpayers pay more total dollars in taxes, but they pay about twice the percentage of their incomes in taxes than do lower-income households.

Data from both the Tax Foundation and New York Times show that the top 20 percent of taxpayers pay about 33 percent to 35 percent of their incomes in taxes. In contrast, the taxpayers in the bottom 20 percent pay an average of only 13 percent to 17 percent of their incomes in all taxes.
The rich pay a lesser percentage of income in taxes? That's a myth. | StarTribune.com

They have cared for party over country for decades now , that is why they cheat in elections

Forum List

Back