McConaughey Has Double-Digit Lead Over Incumbent in Poll

Not good news for Abbott, regardless of whether or not McConaughey decides to run. Polling that low for an incumbent is well into the danger zone. The electrical infrastructure failure during that winter storm I think pretty much doomed his reelection chances. If the party was smart they would tell him to bow out, but it's unlikely they'll do the smart thing.

Abbott seems to be no prize. They could use a centrist.
They could use someone with common sense and at least a few active braincells but they won't run anyone that far left.
Leadership they have is pretty bad and this is easily seen from outside of Texas. They really should try something else. Would hate to see them actually go for a left winger, as abrupt radical change is usually not a good thing. That is why I favor centrist conservatives with a clue. Texas has to decide for Texas. I am in Tennessee, but wish them luck. With present leadership there, they need all the luck they can get.

McConaughey is an airhead space cadet. He will accomplish nothing.

Still using every other generation weather events to support a narrative.
Happened ten years ago too.

Try to keep up.
Funny how these 100 year events are happening every 10 years now, isn't it?
Ok you enjoy your little weather event while a humanatarian crisis boilsover at the border. you care less about babies being tossed over a fence. People are only useful to you, nothing more.
"Babies being thrown over a fence"?

Not good news for Abbott, regardless of whether or not McConaughey decides to run. Polling that low for an incumbent is well into the danger zone. The electrical infrastructure failure during that winter storm I think pretty much doomed his reelection chances. If the party was smart they would tell him to bow out, but it's unlikely they'll do the smart thing.

Its Texas. Nothing will ever change.
Not true. Texas will be blue in the next few years. Nothing can stop the demographics change.
Look at you wearing your racism on your sleeve. You got da brown vote locked in!
Not concerned about brown, white, black, or any other color. The sane vote will make the difference.
Bullshit

You SPECIFICALLY mentioned demographics. The only demographic that is changing is the brown people flooding the state. You can't hide from your racist mentality. After all you think brown people are stupid/monolithic
Don't be silly. The OP link said only about 1/3 of Texans support Abbot. Do you think 66% of Texans are brown?
Counting all the illegals here it's easily 60%.
This source says about 6% Hardly as much as you claim. U.S. unauthorized immigrant population estimates by state, 2016

Don't care about your commie sources. Texas is 41% white among its legal residents; throw about 20% for the illegals, many of whom vote, and many more will be herded to the polls by Democrats for the mid-terms, and Texas is toast. You will of course be proud, since sinking the country is what you deviants are all about, since you're stupid enough to believe the commies' bullshit.

They could use someone with common sense and at least a few active braincells but they won't run anyone that far left.
Leadership they have is pretty bad and this is easily seen from outside of Texas. They really should try something else. Would hate to see them actually go for a left winger, as abrupt radical change is usually not a good thing. That is why I favor centrist conservatives with a clue. Texas has to decide for Texas. I am in Tennessee, but wish them luck. With present leadership there, they need all the luck they can get.

Maybe. Don't know. Accomplished guy. Sounds like he comes from good parents, got through college OK, worked successfully in his trained field, not just acting, but producing and also teaching. No clue whether he knows how his state works or has usable plans or ideas that could help or if he will actually run. Does not matter to me, but I will observer from afar.

Not true. Texas will be blue in the next few years. Nothing can stop the demographics change.
Look at you wearing your racism on your sleeve. You got da brown vote locked in!
Not concerned about brown, white, black, or any other color. The sane vote will make the difference.
Bullshit

You SPECIFICALLY mentioned demographics. The only demographic that is changing is the brown people flooding the state. You can't hide from your racist mentality. After all you think brown people are stupid/monolithic
Don't be silly. The OP link said only about 1/3 of Texans support Abbot. Do you think 66% of Texans are brown?
This source says about 6% Hardly as much as you claim. U.S. unauthorized immigrant population estimates by state, 2016

Don't care about your commie sources. Texas is 41% white among its legal residents; throw about 20% for the illegals, many of whom vote, and many more will be herded to the polls by Democrats for the mid-terms, and Texas is toast. You will of course be proud, since sinking the country is what you deviants are all about, since you're stupid enough to believe the commies' bullshit.
You don't like my source, provide your own stats. Not seeing anything from you yet. I'll also need some proof that illegals are voting in Texas. Surely a red state catches them, right?

Bullshit

You don't like my source, provide your own stats. Not seeing anything from you yet. I'll also need some proof that illegals are voting in Texas. Surely a red state catches them, right?

lol you don't matter.

Maybe. Don't know. Accomplished guy. Sounds like he comes from good parents, got through college OK, worked successfully in his trained field, not just acting, but producing and also teaching. No clue whether he knows how his state works or has usable plans or ideas that could help or if he will actually run. Does not matter to me, but I will observer from afar.

Accomplished at what? Acting? So yes, he might be a good liar. Reagan was.

We are now in the era of the celebrity politician. Trump opened the door for every vacuous celebrity with name recognition and some money to get into politics. They now know they can win.

The new criteria for experience in politics is no longer what prior political office have you served in, but what movies were in, what was your catch phrase and what were your TV rating or Movie gross.

I am not thrilled that any celebrity politician regardless of party who enters the political arena and runs for high office just because they can.

Trump was the first President of the Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho era.

It goes back farther than trump.

reagan, who was a republican, was an actor. Yes he had some experience as a governor but he was still a bad president.

Then there fred grandy, who was a republican, he was "gopher" on the Love Boat TV series then ran for the House of Reps in Iowa and won.

Then there was fred thompson, who was a republican, was an actor who played on many TV shows. He ran for US Senator for the state of Tennessee and won.

Then there was clint eastwood, who is a republican, who was the mayor of Carmel for several years.

Republicans love celebrities.

Personally, I want to hire the person who has experience and knows how government works.

I don't know anyone who would hire an actor to do open heart surgery on them. Most intelligent people are going to find someone who has experience and knows what they are doing.

• Thanks
Reactions: JLW

I agree. Texas will soon be fascist.

Yeah, Abbott's kind of a RINO dick.

Kinky needs to run again.

Bullshit

lol you don't matter.
So, you just made those percentages up. What a surprise.

Don't forget the California liberals moving to Texas because California is fucked up then voting the same way they voted in California.

I doubt that happens in Texas. I know it doesn't happen like that here in Florida. They come to Florida they become
part of the GOP.

Bullshit! You know that the demographics have changed because Hispanics from south of the border are overwhelming Texas. It's the reason why liberals have done everything they can to make sure the border remains porous. You think the Hispanic vote is going to keep you in power forever.
If Hispanics are voting in Texas, it's because they are citizens. You have a problem with that? (Note that many many many Hispanics in Texas descended from Hispanics who were there BEFORE the Anglos.)
My "problem" is with the tens of thousands of Hispanics that came here illegally that you on the left want to grant citizenship. Spare me the attempt to brand me as a racist. This has ZERO to do with race...it's about power! Democrats think that if they allow enough Hispanics into the country...then promise them freebies...they'll be able to win States like Texas!

That's what population replacement is all about.

Bullshit! You know that the demographics have changed because Hispanics from south of the border are overwhelming Texas. It's the reason why liberals have done everything they can to make sure the border remains porous. You think the Hispanic vote is going to keep you in power forever.
If Hispanics are voting in Texas, it's because they are citizens. You have a problem with that? (Note that many many many Hispanics in Texas descended from Hispanics who were there BEFORE the Anglos.)
My "problem" is with the tens of thousands of Hispanics that came here illegally that you on the left want to grant citizenship. Spare me the attempt to brand me as a racist. This has ZERO to do with race...it's about power! Democrats think that if they allow enough Hispanics into the country...then promise them freebies...they'll be able to win States like Texas!
Now you are down to tens of thousands when before you claimed that 60% were illegals.....and if they gain citizenship, that would ONLY be by jumping thru all the citizenship hoops required. And then and only then are they allowed to vote.

Don't forget the California liberals moving to Texas because California is fucked up then voting the same way they voted in California.

Actually 2020 exit polls proved that not to be the case. I think the commies are sticking with CA.

That's what population replacement is all about.
That's really not what is happening, but as long as you accept the fact that the right wing death grip on Texas politics will be broken soon, that's good enough.

Abbott and Patrick and Cruz and Cornin have all acted like complete partisan douchebags in the face of crisis and turmoil. They should all be ousted next election. Fingers crossed
Cruz is lampreyed firmly to tRump's ass in the hopes of holding on.

A lot of people are really turned off by
Ted Cruz sucking up to Donald Trump after the things that Trump said about his wife and his father. Shows a total lack of character.

Actually 2020 exit polls proved that not to be the case. I think the commies are sticking with CA.

Don't burst his bubble. He's desperately looking for an excuse why right wing numbers are falling in Texas, and that's the only explanation he wants to accept.

Abbott and Patrick and Cruz and Cornin have all acted like complete partisan douchebags in the face of crisis and turmoil. They should all be ousted next election. Fingers crossed
Cruz is lampreyed firmly to tRump's ass in the hopes of holding on.

A lot of people are really turned off by
Ted Cruz sucking up to Donald Trump after the things that Trump said about his wife and his father. Shows a total lack of character.
A total lack of self respect.

New Topics

Forum List

Back