McConaughey Has Double-Digit Lead Over Incumbent in Poll

Not good news for Abbott, regardless of whether or not McConaughey decides to run. Polling that low for an incumbent is well into the danger zone. The electrical infrastructure failure during that winter storm I think pretty much doomed his reelection chances. If the party was smart they would tell him to bow out, but it's unlikely they'll do the smart thing.

While flattered that one of the world's best actors is a Texan. I'm disappointed in McConaghey signing in with the Democrat lying fiasco party complete with a media that wants to perish all conservatives. He would have to quit the liars club the Democrats have made of themselves, put the abortion clinics out of business and submit prayers to God as good as President Washington made at Valley Forge, love Republicans who support Donald Trump the same as his other friends' and close the southern border to protect Texans from drug cartels, sex traffikers' and arrest all bad parents who sent their children with pedophiles to get them into the US. We presently have 20,000 children who were so abused by their greedy parents sale of them to very hateful bastards who used their innocent bodies for sex toys. It makes me want to throw up. I hope Mr McConaghy continues to be a success in his field. But if he wants my vote he needs to get wise to the Democrat push toward communism and stop it, and put the press back into the business of telling the whole truth.

Last edited:
Not good news for Abbott, regardless of whether or not McConaughey decides to run. Polling that low for an incumbent is well into the danger zone. The electrical infrastructure failure during that winter storm I think pretty much doomed his reelection chances. If the party was smart they would tell him to bow out, but it's unlikely they'll do the smart thing.

Its Texas. Nothing will ever change.
Not true. Texas will be blue in the next few years. Nothing can stop the demographics change.
Look at you wearing your racism on your sleeve. You got da brown vote locked in!
Not concerned about brown, white, black, or any other color. The sane vote will make the difference.
Bullshit

You SPECIFICALLY mentioned demographics. The only demographic that is changing is the brown people flooding the state. You can't hide from your racist mentality. After all you think brown people are stupid/monolithic
Amazing...when I saw demographics, I thought Democrats vs. Republicans. But no....................you go right to race.

We are now in the era of the celebrity politician. Trump opened the door for every vacuous celebrity with name recognition and some money to get into politics. They now know they can win.

The new criteria for experience in politics is no longer what prior political office have you served in, but what movies were in, what was your catch phrase and what were your TV rating or Movie gross.

I am not thrilled that any celebrity politician regardless of party who enters the political arena and runs for high office just because they can.

Trump was the first President of the Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho era.

Last edited:

Not true. Texas will be blue in the next few years. Nothing can stop the demographics change.
Don't forget the California liberals moving to Texas because California is fucked up then voting the same way they voted in California.
California isn't fucked up....it's just too crowded.
No, it's fucked up.

Holy Shit. I haven't been paying any attention to that race.
I didn’t realize that McConaughey was considering running.

With his name recognition, I think he actually has a legitimate chance of winning.

The same way Arnold Schwarzenegger and Donald Trump, among others, got into prominent political positions.

If Donald Trump can win an election, anybody can win an election.

We are now in the era of the celebrity politician. Trump opened the door for every vacuous celebrity with name recognition and some money to get into politics. They now know they can win.

The new criteria for experience in politics is no longer what prior political office have you served in, but what movies were in, what was your catch phrase and what were your TV rating or Movie gross.

Trump was the first President of Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho era.

You say that as though Trump were the first celebrity politician, or even first celebrity president.

Of course, I DO wonder if celebrity is more of a draw for politicians in the age of social media. :dunno:

Look at you wearing your racism on your sleeve. You got da brown vote locked in!
Not concerned about brown, white, black, or any other color. The sane vote will make the difference.
Bullshit

You SPECIFICALLY mentioned demographics. The only demographic that is changing is the brown people flooding the state. You can't hide from your racist mentality. After all you think brown people are stupid/monolithic
Amazing...when I saw demographics, I thought Democrats vs. Republicans. But no....................you go right to race.
I was thinking about the liberal influx of tech head millennials---and the California exodus...and the ageing of the voters.

Trump was the first President of Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho era.
I would say Reagan was.....same way he got the governorship of California.

Don't forget the California liberals moving to Texas because California is fucked up then voting the same way they voted in California.
No, it's fucked up.
Nope....it's just too crowded and has all the issues that being too crowded brings.

No, it's fucked up.
Nope....it's just too crowded and has all the issues that being too crowded brings.
No, it's really fucked up. Democrats did that.

No, it's fucked up.
No, it's really fucked up. Democrats did that.
Nope.....sorry. Your California envy is showing.

Bullshit! You know that the demographics have changed because Hispanics from south of the border are overwhelming Texas. It's the reason why liberals have done everything they can to make sure the border remains porous. You think the Hispanic vote is going to keep you in power forever.

Bullshit

I was thinking about the liberal influx of tech head millennials---and the California exodus...and the ageing of the voters.

"The poll also shows, however, that McConaughey’s middle-of-the-road politics might be a hurdle if he decides to take the plunge, as he has criticized both parties. Although Democrats leaned toward the Oscar winner by 66% to 8%, only 25% of them said they would likely support a candidate who is a centrist, while 51% want a progressive."

If McConaughey runs, those Democrats would run to the polls to vote for him. So would the independents. I am of the mindset, a lot of Republicans would vote for him to, and just not admit it.

Bullshit! You know that the demographics have changed because Hispanics from south of the border are overwhelming Texas. It's the reason why liberals have done everything they can to make sure the border remains porous. You think the Hispanic vote is going to keep you in power forever.
If Hispanics are voting in Texas, it's because they are citizens. You have a problem with that? (Note that many many many Hispanics in Texas descended from Hispanics who were there BEFORE the Anglos.)

You say that as though Trump were the first celebrity politician, or even first celebrity president.

Of course, I DO wonder if celebrity is more of a draw for politicians in the age of social media. :dunno:
You are right as is Bodecea. The difference with Reagan and Trump is that Reagan rose through the ranks. He was elected president of the screen actors guild, then governor, than lost his first try for the presidential nomination than won in 1980. Reagan just did no come out of thin air.

Bullshit

"The poll also shows, however, that McConaughey’s middle-of-the-road politics might be a hurdle if he decides to take the plunge, as he has criticized both parties. Although Democrats leaned toward the Oscar winner by 66% to 8%, only 25% of them said they would likely support a candidate who is a centrist, while 51% want a progressive."

If McConaughey runs, those Democrats would run to the polls to vote for him. So would the independents. I am of the mindset, a lot of Republicans would vote for him to, and just not admit it.
Abbott has been an exemplary governor. His policies are solid gold. I'd like Mr McConaghy support him, learn the ropes, then run for office when his second term expires. It's a win-win.

Abbott and Patrick and Cruz and Cornin have all acted like complete partisan douchebags in the face of crisis and turmoil. They should all be ousted next election. Fingers crossed

Bullshit

Abbott has been an exemplary governor. His policies are solid gold. I'd like Mr McConaghy support him, learn the ropes, then run for office when his second term expires. It's a win-win.
Yeah...that cold snap/power outage was awesome.

Abbott and Patrick and Cruz and Cornin have all acted like complete partisan douchebags in the face of crisis and turmoil. They should all be ousted next election. Fingers crossed
Cruz is lampreyed firmly to tRump's ass in the hopes of holding on.

Forum List

Back