McCain: U.S. Failure to Secure Borders Left Arizona No Choice

Hell I'll admit you can't put this on Barry. This has been a long time coming for a state to stand up and take charge of securing its border with Mexico.

That was dumb of McCain to say!!

A day earlier, in Milwaukee, in front of an audience of more sympathetic businessmen, McCain had been asked how debate over the immigration bill was playing politically. “In the short term, it probably galvanizes our base,” he said. “In the long term, if you alienate the Hispanics, you’ll pay a heavy price.” Then he added, unable to help himself, “By the way, I think the fence is least effective. But I’ll build the goddamned fence if they want it.”

Hot Air Blog Archive McCain grumbles about having to build “the goddamned fence”

It was actually a smart political move.

McCain doesn't want to loose the hispanic vote in Arizona as they make up somewhere around 30% of the population and he's in an uphill battle right now. He also doesn't want to loose the conservative vote.

It was a very calculated way to play the middle. "I don't like it but... it's Obama's fault".

There he managed, in his mind, to make a statement without pissing everybody off.

Guess he was wrong.

Oh and minus the Obama part, I agree with him. This whole crisis is the fault of the feds, but all of the past administrations have had their hands in this bullshit.

This has to be one of the dumbest fuxxing debates alive today. Obushama is doing what every modern Prez before him has done. Toss out rhetoric and watch us sheep go at each others' throats when McCain or another career hypocrite makes some passing comments. Incidentally, it was an often overlooked reference point for foreign policy. The bush admin couldn't keep our borders secure so what made anyone think it could be done in two foreign nations 8,000 miles away?

Oh and minus the Obama part, I agree with him. This whole crisis is the fault of the feds, but all of the past administrations have had their hands in this bullshit.

You got that right.

Ths bs has been going on for decades. Our Govt isn't concerned with the safety of its citizens. If it were they would have built the fence and enforced the immigration laws that we have in the books. They would amend the constitution to get rid of the anchor baby bullshit and they would kick the illegals back to Mexico.

However. The clowns in DC are not concerned with we the citizen taxpayers of America. They are concerned with the hispanic vote That is it in a nutshell.

Mexico doesn't allow any illegals in its country at all. That should be our policy.

Is this the same Juan McCain that campaigned on being kind to "God's Children" who happened to sneak over the border?

Illegal immigration has been on the decline since 2008. ;)
But it has nothing to do with border patrol, and everything to do with no jobs being available.
What a concept, take away the jobs, and they don't come. :eek:

illegal immigration has been on the decline since 2008. ;)
but it has nothing to do with border patrol, and everything to do with no jobs being available.

and this addresses the violence from the drug cartels, the home invasions, the murders, the kidnappings how exactly???

but it has nothing to do with border patrol, and everything to do with no jobs being available.

and this addresses the violence from the drug cartels, the home invasions, the murders, the kidnappings how exactly???

Are you an idiot?
Is that even what I am talking about?:cuckoo:

This law will do nothing to stop drug smugglers, more border patrol will do nothing to stop smugglers, a wall will nothing to stop smugglers. Get a clue, Willow.

Are you an idiot?
Is that even what I am talking about?:cuckoo:

This law will do nothing to stop drug smugglers, more border patrol will do nothing to stop smugglers, a wall will nothing to stop smugglers. Get a clue, Willow.

It's WillowTree. Duh?!

Forum List

Back