McCain Makes a Comeback

onedomino

SCE to AUX
Sep 14, 2004
I am amazed. I thought McCain was done last summer. The success of the surge has helped him. McCain is tied to what happens in Iraq. It appears that the economy is heading south. Who will that favor? While Bush's economic performance has been poor, I am not sure that will translate to a positive impact for the Dems. I think that promises to reduce taxes will be popular, and that will remain a Republican talking point. Who is going to pay for the universal health care promised by the Dems? In New Hampshire, the polls revealed that the economy was the number one concern of the Dems who voted today, not Iraq.

Good to see McCain do well.

America could do worse for a President.

But can he overcome the double threat of Romney and Huckabee in Michigan next week? Both have plenty of ammo in that state.

This race is all over the place...:eusa_think:

New Hampshirites (ians?) have shown a total lack of imagination here.

McCain? The lamest fucking Republican in the RACE? And I use the word "Republican" pretty loosely. Who lives in New Hampshire, the press?

Well, a fact's a fact. I don't like Huckabee, either, but at least that was a funner choice. It really pissed off establishment GOP and the opinion-makers. Romney is a yawn but I guess he's the most, uh, 'responsible' Republican choice. So far he's only won... Wyoming.

It's funny, it's equally hard to imagine the winning Republican as it is the winning Democrat.

Obama?
Hillary?

Nah.

Huckabee?
Romney?

Nah.

Where's Hunter Thompson when you need him?

New Hampshirites (ians?) have shown a total lack of imagination here.

McCain? The lamest fucking Republican in the RACE? And I use the word "Republican" pretty loosely. Who lives in New Hampshire, the press?

Well, a fact's a fact. I don't like Huckabee, either, but at least that was a funner choice. It really pissed off establishment GOP and the opinion-makers. Romney is a yawn but I guess he's the most, uh, 'responsible' Republican choice. So far he's only won... Wyoming.

It's funny, it's equally hard to imagine the winning Republican as it is the winning Democrat.

Obama?
Hillary?

Nah.

Huckabee?
Romney?

Nah.

I hear ya...all these choices and no one to vote for...

Libertarians like McCain??

Come on jillian, are you kidding me?

Libertarians don't support pro-war candidates.

In case you guys didn't see it the other day, McCain said he couldn't care less if we're in Iraq for 100 years, 1,000 years, 10,000 years...Libertarians don't vote for people who say things like that.

And any conservative who voted for McCain made a pretty irresponsible decision, because McCain is anything BUT. I'd been under the impression that conservatives have been pissed off at him for a while now.

If the number one issue in NH was the economy, I find it odd that McCain got so much support, because I don't see ANYTHING this guy is saying that makes a damn bit of economic sense. The guy enjoys war, but has no clue how this country is going to afford all of this war.

Jesus christ people! Check your candidates' records!

Ashes, sir. I agree, we could use some gonzo journalism these days.

I respected mccain i 04 when he refused to sling mud. I have seen him reach accross the isle to domocratic counterparts and respect that. I think he has more insight to the definition of torture than anyone else running. BUT, his trivial joke about bombing iran soured me completely. That kind of shit isn't a joke and running strait for joe lieberman's support base with that dangled carrot is transparent and desperate.

Id rather see huck or paul win the republican nmination. then again, you should hear some of the jokes we Missourians have about Arkansas*.

*The same, I'm sure, that Idiots Out Wandering Around have about us but we don't have a candidate in the presidential race so..

McCain = McPain. He's not a conservative. It was the NH independents that gave him a win.

Winner takes all in Michigan.

Currently I'm hearing polls are showing Huckabee in the lead with Romney and McCain vying for second place.

Glad to see he's back. If anybody can beat Hillary hands-down, its him. I wouldn't mind Huckabee or even Romney at this point, but I think in a field of seriously flawed candidates, I could see McCain as the most likely to beat Clinton because I know he could get the independent votes and the GOP will back him (mostly) regardless if she is the nominee.

That's good for McCain and Giuliani.

The problem with Huckabee is that he doesn't have much of an organization nor much money. McCain has been pulling in $1 million a day since he won in NH, and a large swath of the GOP establishment is moving behind him. If Huckabee doesn't start pulling in some cash and bodies, he'll be DOA on Super Tuesday.

Its good for Giuliani because it knocks Romney further behind. Romney should win in Michigan given that is where he was born.

McCain was the crossover vote that could have solidified this country in 2000. Somebody screwed all that up then and I suspect the same jerks will screw it up this time for him.

New Topics

Forum List

Back