Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Way too funny:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTuwBw9q3Sw[/ame]

Found it here, which as always is funny in and of itself. Links of course:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110009679#bra

A Word From the Sound Man
Reader Bill Wander writes in response to our item yesterday about the comedy sketch in which Rudy Giuliani wore a dress:

In response to Garrison Keillor, I can tell you what the mayor was wearing under the dress for the Inner Circle.

I was the sound man for that video.

Mr. Giuliani was wearing new, female undergarments, at least topside.

It was my job to pin a hidden microphone on a brand new, well-padded bra, while it was on the mayor. It needs to be placed just so, to avoid clothing rustle. Sometimes this takes more than one adjustment, and the sound man usually gets taunted when he goes in there more than once on an actress.

I had to make a second adjustment on that microphone, and I apologized for having to put my hand in there. Rudy slapped me on the shoulder, nodded, grinned, and said, "It's OK. They aren't real."

Mr. Giuliani is one of the guys.

More telling that day was when lunch came. In an office in Barney's (where that portion of the video was shot), the mayor, sans wig, ate with the crew while conducting city business. Where does Mr. Keillor eat when on a film set?​

This isn't the first time Giuliani donned a dress for the sake of entertainment. In a 1997 "Saturday Night Live" sketch called "Thanksgiving at Rita's," the then-mayor played "Rita's Mom." We weren't able to find video online, but it appears that, like the sketch with Donald Trump, this performance was more Monty Python than "The Crying Game."

We said we couldn't imagine any of the other major presidential candidates pulling off a performance like this, but we'd forgotten a 2002 "Saturday Night Live" performance called "McCain Sings Streisand," which is available on YouTube. McCain doesn't dress as Streisand, but his impression of her singing is quite funny, as are lines like, "I've been in politics for over 20 years. And for over 20 years, I've had Barbra Streisand trying to do my job. So I decided to try my hand at her job."

Forum List

Back