McCain dead

This idiot didn’t know shit about an economy. All he knew was the military (half-assed most of the time) and that was it. Lost an election to Barack Obama? How? Thumbs down on repeal of the worst program ever. No use for this guy. Lefty will politicize his death. Obama will speak. In the end...McCain was not a hero...he was just a lying assed politician.

Wow, we can feel the love, buddy.

The sad commentary is that your party hates war heroes like McCain, Dole and the real Bush-41, genuine heroes who loved their country, and embraces a creep like Trump who dodged the draft, cheated on all three of his wives, and is an otherwise awful human being.

Progressives who were tap dancing when Scalia died are all teary eyed that their double agent passed

We had our moments on other issues, but in most times McCain retained his dignity .Why did he pick Palin to run with him? She was/is just white-trash garbage. Major blunder.

I am going to be fair to McCain here.

Before the 2008 Election, Palin had a pretty good rep. She was a reformist governor in Alaska (a state normally known for pretty corrupt politics thanks to all the Oil Money sloshing around up there), who took moderate positions on some issues. (Her administration wrote papers highlighting the dangers of climate change to Alaska before she threw in with the deniers.)

Presidents often pick veeps to shore up their weaknesses. Palin was young, was strong with Christian Conservatives, she was a woman which countered the Dems running the first black candidate. On paper, she seemed like a pretty good pick,

And much like the person who has a really awesome resume and maybe gets through the interview process, then turns out to be a real dud on the job. There should have been better vetting, to be sure.

But let's keep in mind that most of the crazy shit Palin did was AFTER she lost and found there was more money to be made preaching to the crazies.

Although I did not always agree with him, I am sorry for John McCain's loss, and my thoughts go out to his family and friends. I think that he always tried to do what he thought was right for the country within the parameters of what he thought this was.

To the politics types here on USMB, Sometimes he made the wrong choices. I will have to say that his selection of Sarah Palin, an entirely useless individual, as his running mate cost him dearly. I just don't know what got into him at the time. Her selection was a major blunder.
Riiight...because if he just hadn't picked Sarah Palin the left wouldn't have trashed him but instead voted for him.

We had our moments on other issues, but in most times McCain retained his dignity .Why did he pick Palin to run with him? She was/is just white-trash garbage. Major blunder.

She was/is just white-trash garbage.

That reveals nothing about Sarah Palin but a lot about you.

The smarmy crap on tv about this guy is sickening.

Just think, if it wasn't for him, we would never have had Obozo for 8 years!!!

McCain will forever be recognized as a hero and great American and people who disparaged him like the OP the day he died and days following his death before he is even buried will forever be judged as horrible losers and the lower elements of American society and culture. Your coffin and body will not lay in state in the Capitols of your home and nation, nor will you receive the honor of being buried at a National Military Acadamy alongside other nationally recognized and accepted American heroes.

Last edited:
God speed John

poster_71ff55a972264217bec1b3d5ad1757ba_95735494_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

a great american has passed

Sad for his friends and family and, unless a person is an unrepentant mass murderer, I"m not going to take any pleasure in death, and I certainly do not for John McCain. But I will not miss him in the Senate either. He was an unreliable and often turncoat Senator, and I do not understand why Arizona kept electing him. Also do not appreciate what he did to Sarah Palin.
Arizona kept electing him because he looked out for the interests of Arizona over the interests of his party

This idiot didn’t know shit about an economy. All he knew was the military (half-assed most of the time) and that was it. Lost an election to Barack Obama? How? Thumbs down on repeal of the worst program ever. No use for this guy. Lefty will politicize his death. Obama will speak. In the end...McCain was not a hero...he was just a lying assed politician.

I don't like this. I don't think we need to over-eulogize him for sure and I had to turn off Fox last night because it was the John McCain hour. No need for that. But OTOH, we don't need to go tap dancing on his grave either. He's dead, enough said.

There are some people whose graves I WOULD tap dance on. Hitler. Stalin. Mao. (NO, not Trump, you delusional Resistors. Trump hasn't taken the lives of millions....get over it.) But McCain is not even close to that category. I will NOT miss him in the Senate that's for darn sure, but maybe let's not tap dance.

Although I did not always agree with him, I am sorry for John McCain's loss, and my thoughts go out to his family and friends. I think that he always tried to do what he thought was right for the country within the parameters of what he thought this was.

To the politics types here on USMB, Sometimes he made the wrong choices. I will have to say that his selection of Sarah Palin, an entirely useless individual, as his running mate cost him dearly. I just don't know what got into him at the time. Her selection was a major blunder.
Riiight...because if he just hadn't picked Sarah Palin the left wouldn't have trashed him but instead voted for him.

She was/is just white-trash garbage.

That reveals nothing about Sarah Palin but a lot about you.
Worst selection for VP ever

Less qualified than Trump

He did it as a gesture to both the conservatives and Hillary supporters that were supporting him. It worked too. Palin helped him get the votes of people who hated him.

Too bad he was both a crappy candidate and campaigner.

I know a couple of people who didn't vote for him because of Palin, and they maybe had a point.

Given that he died less than 10 years after running for President, it was clear he was not in good health. The stress of actually being president might well have taken too much of a toll on him, and it is pretty clear that Palin wasn't fit to be president.
As bad as Big Ears was, I suspect Johnny would have been much worse. No greater warmonger ever lived.

RIP Johnny.

a great american has passed

Sad for his friends and family and, unless a person is an unrepentant mass murderer, I"m not going to take any pleasure in death, and I certainly do not for John McCain. But I will not miss him in the Senate either. He was an unreliable and often turncoat Senator, and I do not understand why Arizona kept electing him. Also do not appreciate what he did to Sarah Palin.
Arizona kept electing him because he looked out for the interests of Arizona over the interests of his party
Yeah he did a great job stopping illegals from crossing the border and shutting down the Cartel’s drug trade. LMFAO.

Please allow me to repost my comment from another thread that underlines why McCain is not a role model:

"I don't buy the story " he was an honor student and no one knows why he turned to a life of crime" in order to forgive the guilty.

Even if McCain was tortured, his past is not an excuse for how he lived his life.

McCain was corrupt. Thousands lost life savings in what was a huge savings and loan scandal and the taxpayers had to foot the bill.

Keating 5. Read the details of his very close relationship to Charles Keating and how he acted on Keating's behalf. McCain spent time at Keating's home in the Bahamas, flew on Keating's private jet, received campaign donations, had McCain's wife buy into a Keating shopping center.......

McCain may have suffered but he was not a good man."

The problem is nearly all our politicians are just like him. Just a matter of a few degrees difference.

New Topics

Forum List

Back