What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McCain and Graham: US failed to get rid of Gadhafi fast enough

Political Junky

Gold Member
Reaction score
McCain and his boy, Lindsey Graham, bash Obama.

McCain and Graham: US failed to get rid of Gadhafi fast enough - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) praised the end of the Gadhafi regime in Libya on Sunday but criticized U.S. leadership for not removing Libya's leader more quickly.

"We regret that this success was so long in coming due to the failure of the United States to employ the full weight of our airpower," the senators wrote in a joint statement.
<more>

Last edited:

Salt Jones

Rookie
Reaction score
Why didn't they take him out? They were both shaking his hand and kissing his ass two years ago. Why didn't McCain give him the "Maverick Chop" when he was face to face with him?

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Obama turned out to be the bigger warmonger than Bush. and he is working with Graham and McCain to do it...

where are all the ANTI-war protesters NOW?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Six months is not fast enough?

We are ten years in Bushs Afghanistan and Iraq

Salt Jones

Rookie
Reaction score

And both these assholes are bitching about us leaving to soon. McCain is an idiot, voted in by idiots. Graham is just graham.

geauxtohell

Choose your weapon.
Reaction score
Obama turned out to be the bigger warmonger than Bush. and he is working with Graham and McCain to do it...

Oh bullshit.

Providing minimal air cover over Libya is apples and fucking footballs with invading Iraq and Afghanistan.

Obama has drawn us down in Iraq and is preparing to draw us down in Afghanistan.

On top of that, he apparently was able to facilitate "regime change" in Libya without going all neocon.

To be clear, this was a win for NATO. Not just the U.S. or Obama or us or whoever.

Graham and McCain are just pissed that we didn't invade Libya and find ourselves getting shot at by the same people who just ousted Gadhafi.

Self determination comes from within. Some people never learn.

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Oh, so now by the liberal view, if A WAR only last six months that doesn't make the Obama a WARMONGER and that makes it alright...

I ask AGAIN, where are all the anti-war protesters NOW?

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Reaction score
Why didn't they take him out? They were both shaking his hand and kissing his ass two years ago. Why didn't McCain give him the "Maverick Chop" when he was face to face with him?

:razz:

Luckily I wasn't in the process of drinking anything when I read this!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Reaction score

Oh, so now by the liberal view, if A WAR only last six months that doesn't make the Obama a WARMONGER and that makes it alright...

Celebrating the end of another terrorist?

Like Osama Bin Laden?

:lol:

geauxtohell

Choose your weapon.
Reaction score

You should ask them.

I would venture that it placates the anti-war crowd when we aren't putting American soldiers on the ground to spread democracy.

OP
Political Junky

Political Junky

Gold Member
Reaction score
STATEMENT BY SENATORS McCAIN AND GRAHAM ON END OF THE QADAFFI REGIME IN LIBYA

August 21, 2011

Washington, D.C. &#8211; U.S. Senators John McCain (R-AZ) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC) today released the following statement regarding the end of the Qadaffi regime in Libya:

&#8220;The end of the Qadaffi regime in Libya is a victory for the Libyan people and for the broader cause of freedom in the Middle East and throughout the world. This achievement was made possible first and foremost by the struggle and sacrifice of countless Libyans, whose courage and perseverance we applaud. We also commend our British, French, and other allies, as well as our Arab partners, especially Qatar and the UAE, for their leadership in this conflict. Americans can be proud of the role our country has played in helping to defeat Qaddafi, but we regret that this success was so long in coming due to the failure of the United States to employ the full weight of our airpower.

Oh my, these two call the US a failure. How UnAmerican
http://mccain.senate.gov/public/index.cf...&Issue_id=

rightwinger

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on Republicans..

Where is all the talk about impeaching Obama for an illegal war?

Now it's not fast enough? Would you have preferred Americans in body bags?

rightwinger

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

In my right hand, I have an apple, in my left, an orangutan. Let's compare the two.

Idiot.

Talk about apples and orangutans...

Where was Bush's three month Iraq war where they would treat us as liberators? How did that "mission accomplished" crap work out?

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Obama is stirring up a hornets nest in the middle east... First Libya, then Syria..
what do you think his purpose is for this?

And how funny, just think if McCain had been President and he did all this?????...
Instead they have no Problems with Obama WORKING with McCain and Graham to stir up shit.

Last edited:

Salt Jones

Rookie
Reaction score
Obama is stirring up a hornets nest in the middle east... First Libya, then Syria..
what do you think his purpose is for this?

And how funny, just think if McCain had been President and he did all this?????...
Instead they have no Problems with Obama WORKING with McCain and Graham to stir up shit.

But McCain got his ass beat in 2008.

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Reaction score

Oh bullshit.

Providing minimal air cover over Libya is apples and fucking footballs with invading Iraq and Afghanistan.

Obama has drawn us down in Iraq and is preparing to draw us down in Afghanistan.

On top of that, he apparently was able to facilitate "regime change" in Libya without going all neocon.

To be clear, this was a win for NATO. Not just the U.S. or Obama or us or whoever.

Graham and McCain are just pissed that we didn't invade Libya and find ourselves getting shot at by the same people who just ousted Gadhafi.

Self determination comes from within. Some people never learn.

do you think this was an efficient display by Nato?

is providing minimal air cover really all we did?

may I ask, why exactly inYho, we took part in this?

I think I read that the UN approval conditions, said nothing about ousting Qaddafi , nor did it direct anything other than air suppression of Libyan forces:eusa_eh:

do you think he should have gone to congress for approval to keep, well providing minimal air cover after the deadline passed?

Last edited:

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$280.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List