Mayor of Toronto is Not Stepping Down

Strange preoccupation with Toronto mayor Rob Ford, in view of the fact that out of the 300,000,000 Americans 299,999,999 could not find Canada on the map, never mind, Toronto, and those who did, would go there for a Canadian skiing vacation in July.

Rob Ford maybe a scum bag but at least he never did to Toronto what a succession of mayors did to Detroit and he owned up to his shortcomings without a hidden video camera like the mayor of Washington DC.

I married a Canadian, and they have a beautiful country, especially north of the population centers.

Strange preoccupation with Toronto mayor Rob Ford, in view of the fact that out of the 300,000,000 Americans 299,999,999 could not find Canada on the map, never mind, Toronto, and those who did, would go there for a Canadian skiing vacation in July.

Rob Ford maybe a scum bag but at least he never did to Toronto what a succession of mayors did to Detroit and he owned up to his shortcomings without a hidden video camera like the mayor of Washington DC.

I married a Canadian, and they have a beautiful country, especially north of the population centers.

Are you saying: Some of my best friends are Canadian?

Take away the partying, the man is unreal. Ford is turning around the city big time. This is why they want him gone.

He's slashed budgets.

He's busted unions. He's turning around Toronto from being this la dee da liberal wasteland into a vibrant economic power house again.

Miller almost killed the GTA. Ford has brought it back to life. He's no Barry. Yeah, he partied hearty in his past but this dude rocks.

Detroit should only have such a Mayor to turn it around.

What about the problems with the homeless up there? He doesn't exactly rock and he needs to go. This isn't just partying, he needs rehab.

The homeless should take shower, apply for and get a job and VOILA!! they are no longer homeless.

I was homeless and had no support from family or government, back in 1957, when I was a newly arrived immigrant. I got a job in a gold mine, in the Northern wilderness, and when the time came, I moved to the city, got my high school diploma as an adult student and eventually became a highly successful SELF-TAUGHT computer programmer and systems analyst.

Quit bitching about homeless.

Now, about Ford's crack addiction. I can say that while I smoked for 30 years (quit cold turkey 24 years ago) and still an enthusiastic and frequent consumer of legal products containing alcohol, I am an addict of neither. I NEVER even touched any of the fashionable drugs, legal or otherwise.

So, while I abhor Mayor Ford's immature and irresponsible abuse of drugs, I can't help but admire his success as a financial reformer of a world class city that was on the way to become a Canadian Detroit.

Quit bitching about homeless? :lol: The entire city is only as strong as it's weakest link and that is Mayor Ford. He's losing respect daily and it looks like he's going whether he likes it or not. He is completely resisting rehab.

He's an alcoholic/substance abuser. How can he run a big beautiful city like Toronto? He has to go.

I'm glad you love this stuff so much, if you read the article, his approval went up 5 points to 44%. That's not exactly a stellar approval rating.

Also, they said it was likely up because they felt sorry for him being hounded by the press at his home. This isn't anything like your version of things. He is getting pity approval points.

In the big smoke 44% is rocking as an approval rating. I lived in TO for many years. I know its politics inside and out.

I swing behind the person not the politics when it comes to TO.
Just to bump this...ford is getting creamed for admitting he does crack...

And btw 44% is about where Obama is and peiple arent saying he is "rocking". This is how partisan you are, fucking hack.

That's 44% with about 10 candidates.

Are you saying: Some of my best friends are Canadian?

No, I'm saying I must be that 1 person you think can find Canada on a map. lol:beer:

In the big smoke 44% is rocking as an approval rating. I lived in TO for many years. I know its politics inside and out.

I swing behind the person not the politics when it comes to TO.

And btw 44% is about where Obama is and peiple arent saying he is "rocking". This is how partisan you are, fucking hack.

yeah if that excuse makes you sleep better

Is Toronto frog gobblers like Ontario?

yeah if that excuse makes you sleep better

Don't mean fuck all to me, just pointing out that it's 44% of the vote that the people have about 10 candidates to choose from, not just a couple.

Chris Farley would do a great Rob Ford!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/embed/Adp-zuOcco0?autoplay=1]Chris Farley - Matt Foley Motivational Speaker - Late Night with Conan O'Brien - YouTube[/ame]

Let him do crack. Who gives a fuck as long as he does a good job as mayor.

This is up to the people.

He is the worst Mayor the City has ever had. TD is clearly too dumb to be one person or she would know that Ford has been a disaster as mayor from top to bottom.

His office is a revolving door for staffers because he won't take advice. He lies endlessly, and when caught, denies, denies, denies. There have been numerous times when he was drunk in public at City functions and been asked to leave, as well as allegations he sexually harassed staffers, groped a woman at a public event, and has driven drunk.

He has completely bungled the new public transit line which was under construction when he took office. The day after he was sworn in he cancelled the signed contract for the construction of the LRT line because he said he was going to build a subway. The LRT would have been completed in 2016 but now nothing is being built. No word on what cancelling the LRT line cost the city, and no work is being done on a subway line because the city doesn't have enough money to build it. All the while Toronto has someone of the longest averaging commuting times in North America.

City infrastructure is crumbing and chunks of the Gardner Expressway, the raised road giving access to the downtown core, are falling on cars driving on Lakeshore Boulevard, which portions of which run underneath the Gardner. The Dufferin Street bridge was closed this summer, having been declared unsafe more than three years ago, but there was no money in the budget to repair or replace it.

City workers who don't tell Hiz Honour what he wants to hear are fired. Staffers complain that everything must go be approved by the Mayor, who doesn't trust anyone, but he's never at City Hall.

The guy is a raging alcoholic. When the video of him smoking crack first surfaced, he told staffers the video existed and would be "dealt with". Within two weeks one of the guys in that picture of him outside the crack house was dead, and another was wounded in the same attack. Ford's driver has been charged with extortion in the attempt to smother that video.

This is the guy that TD calls a "great mayor".

This has got to be a blow to you Canadians. Always telling us how perfect it is there and all.

He knocked a woman down in chambers and she got a fat lip. Omg.

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford stripped of many powers at raucous meeting

Scandal-scarred Toronto Mayor Rob Ford was stripped of many of his powers Monday at a raucous City Council meeting that turned out to be a real knockdown affair.

Canada's most famous politician, charging across the crowded chamber to assist his brother during an "altercation," barreled into a female lawmaker — sweeping her off her feet and leaving her with a fat lip.

"It was a complete accident," Ford said later. "I sincerely apologize."

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford stripped of many powers at raucous meeting - World News

So ridiculous.

Forum List

Back