Mayonnaise?

OK, a friend in SC turned me on to Duke's. Here in Hellman's land, it was life changing.

Anyway, it's time to reorder. Any other regional mayo I should know about?

Try Blue Plate.
We went from hellmans to Duke's and than Blue Plate.
Try Dukes and then Blue Plate side by side and I'll bet you switch yet again.
Update:

Dukes is now available here in Illinois.
I did go on Amazon and scored some Blue Plate. The missus and I did an extensive analysis with BLTs and salads, deviled eggs, etc.

Advantage: Blue Plate.

Thanks for the heads up!

OK, a friend in SC turned me on to Duke's. Here in Hellman's land, it was life changing.

Have you tried making your own?

I have, and I simply lack the talent and it is like, two ingredients!

I wanted to get away from soy based dressings, so I managed to scare up some coconut/avacado oil to use. I was going to make the mayo this way as a base for a blu cheese dressing.

I can't get the shit to thicken up to save my life.

I wanted to get away from soy based dressings, so I managed to scare up some coconut/avacado oil to use. I was going to make the mayo this way as a base for a blu cheese dressing.

Blue Cheese should never use mayonnaise. Use buttermilk and sour cream as your base.

• 4 ounces blue cheese (crumbled)
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup buttermilk
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • salt
  • pepper

The trick to mayonnaise is to use a blender. Use a single egg yolk and one cup of oil, then drizzle in your oil into to the egg while the blender whips it. Salt and lemon to taste. Teragon is excellent in mayo. If you want stiffer mayo, use a second egg yolk.

Ya goota use a whisk or a "

Ya gotta use a whisk or a boat motor' thingie to whip it.I make it a couple times a week. Generally coconut oil with a good dash of cayenne powder and black pepper. If you use avocado oil give a shot of squeezed lime or actually whip in some ripe avocado flesh...a tablespoon sized chunk..... in the goop. Salt a little. The coconut blend needs NO salt. Killer for tuna, chicken or egg salad

There is also something called Dijonnaise I always have a jar in the fridge! I love it!

y5ezxwC.jpg

Since I discovered Dyonnaise on the supermarket shelves ..I use it all the time....it's totally delish....a mix of mustard and mayonnaise....what else do you want from life...

There is also something called Dijonnaise I always have a jar in the fridge! I love it!

y5ezxwC.jpg

Since I discovered Dyonnaise on the supermarket shelves ..I use it all the time....it's totally delish....a mix of mustard and mayonnaise....what else do you want from life...
I love the coarse grain mustard.

me too...and mustard mixed with mayonnaise.....is perfection..

on grilled chicken or fish ....or vegetables

y5ezxwC.jpg

I love the coarse grain mustard.

me too...and mustard mixed with mayonnaise.....is perfection..

on grilled chicken or fish ....or vegetables
I got some bohemian from my mom's side. Sausage and sauerkraut and dumplings and mustard!

And beer lol

y5ezxwC.jpg

Order up some Dat'll do it mustard and mix(not much) with some decent mayo.Dijon is OK. Just OK

Wanna make good Potato Salad? You know the kind...whenever you make it people always ask how do you make it?

I use Hellman's Mayo, I don't know how much I use, depends on how much I am making...personally I like potato salad to not be overly creamy.
Then 3 different mustards
However much you are making... 1 part Dijon Mustard, 1 part Silver Springs Jalapeno Mustard and 2 parts Heinz yellow mustard.
S & P, some Paprika and fresh dill.
Green onion
Red onion diced very small.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0042GMXBC/?tag=ff0d01-20

Best Jalapeno mustard on the planet...

New Topics

Forum List

Back