Mayonnaise?

4b5a8b27f0002f10.jpg

Next time you make a grilled cheese sandwich, use mayo instead of butter on the outside of the bread. Sounds weird, but you'll see...

Forty some years ago I was a noob in Deutschland and I had wandered out to a Gasthaus and I was walking back to the barracks... I was passing a Street Vendor that sold Bratwursts and Pommes Frites (French fries)... A couple of FROGS (citizens of the Federal Republic of Germany) were there getting their fix of grease and I noticed they were slathering mayonnaise all over the Pommes Frites... Being young and adventurous I tried the combination... Lites, bells, buzzers and dancing naked women all at the same time... It was wonderful... Catsup was dead to me when it came to deep fried tators...

Life was good...

3302190792_f6bfb0fa30_z.jpg

Sorry I could not recommend a certain brand as I am not a connoisseur of the Mayo...

Folks here in Hawaii enjoy 'plate lunches'... To buy a plate lunch all you have to do is decide what entree you would like because everything comes with 2 scoops of rice and a scoop of Mac Salad... Point to this story is Hellman's is king... There are folks that will not go to certain establishments because they use Brand X mayo in their Mac Salad... I can tell the difference between Miracle Whip and Mayo now... When I was younger, not so much... Still can't tell the difference between the Mayo's...

6bfc00d68e5d8160931066cf5241d380.jpg

Folks here in Hawaii enjoy 'plate lunches'... To buy a plate lunch all you have to do is decide what entree you would like because everything comes with 2 scoops of rice and a scoop of Mac Salad... Point to this story is Hellman's is king... There are folks that will not go to certain establishments because they use Brand X mayo in their Mac Salad... I can tell the difference between Miracle Whip and Mayo now... When I was younger, not so much... Still can't tell the difference between the Mayo's...

6bfc00d68e5d8160931066cf5241d380.jpg
I think all 57 states use plates and have "plate lunches."

Forum List

Back