Maybe too little too late

but hats off to Senator Cotton.
Our president, for example, who comes from Delaware, earns $400K/yr from the USA. The NY Post reports that his family has collected $31M from the communists in China. When people criticize China, he responds, "They're not bad folks." Speaker Pelosi, who also has financial ties to China, calls China "one of the freest societies in the world." Do you see how Chinese money confuses and distracts prominent American politicians from clear thinking?

We need the soundest possible analysis from our politicians in 2022. While most of them don't want to see China as our biggest adversary, the reality is that the Chinese communists have played us like a fiddle since the days of Nixon and Kissinger. They hate us and want to replace us as the most powerful nation on Earth.

The tiny little problem with my excellent plan is that Congress makes the laws of our land. Many, and I do mean many, of the politicians in Washington are currently taking money from China. They saw crooked Bill Clinton take Chinese money to make CCP missiles fly straight in the 1990s.

Our president, for example, who comes from Delaware, earns $400K/yr from the USA. The NY Post reports that his family has collected $31M from the communists in China. When people criticize China, he responds, "They're not bad folks." Speaker Pelosi, who also has financial ties to China, calls China "one of the freest societies in the world." Do you see how Chinese money confuses and distracts prominent American politicians from clear thinking?

We need the soundest possible analysis from our politicians in 2022. While most of them don't want to see China as our biggest adversary, the reality is that the Chinese communists have played us like a fiddle since the days of Nixon and Kissinger. They hate us and want to replace us as the most powerful nation on Earth.

The tiny little problem with my excellent plan is that Congress makes the laws of our land. Many, and I do mean many, of the politicians in Washington are currently taking money from China. They saw crooked Bill Clinton take Chinese money to make CCP missiles fly straight in the 1990s.

A USMB liberal will be along to tell us it was Nixon's fault for getting us involved in ping pong games with the Chinese in 3...2...1...

A USMB liberal will be along to tell us it was Nixon's fault for getting us involved in ping pong games with the Chinese in 3...2...1...
Most likely. Nixon was opening some political discussion doors nothing more.

Most likely. Nixon was opening some political discussion doors nothing more.

That is true. Nixon was a under-rated President. He oversaw the end of the Vietnam War and sought to normalize relations with China, just as Trump did with North Korea.

but hats off to Senator Cotton.

One of the last deals I completed before retiring was the sale of a family farm to a man just off the plane from China. We had to check his immigration status before completing the sale, because of "non-resident's taxes" on real estate transactions. The sale price was just over $1 million and the purchaser paid in cash. There was no mortgage on the property to close the deal.

How does a Chinese produce farmer get $1 million, plus closing costs, to emigrate to Canada and buy a farm? Why are WE allowing such transactions??? I kept asking this question, and nobody seemed to care at the time.

One of the last deals I completed before retiring was the sale of a family farm to a man just off the plane from China. We had to check his immigration status before completing the sale, because of "non-resident's taxes" on real estate transactions. The sale price was just over $1 million and the purchaser paid in cash. There was no mortgage on the property to close the deal.

How does a Chinese produce farmer get $1 million, plus closing costs, to emigrate to Canada and buy a farm? Why are WE allowing such transactions??? I kept asking this question, and nobody seemed to care at the time.
Excellent questions. Would like to know that myself. I am just guessing but from your description I would not be surprised if the Chinese communist government gave this person the money.

Excellent questions. Would like to know that myself. I am just guessing but from your description I would not be surprised if the Chinese communist government gave this person the money.

That was pretty much the only conclusion I could come to. It's a communist country, meaning personal property ownership and opportunities to acquire wealth are very limited.

The deal would have closed in the early spring of 2015, because I retired in February of 2016. It didn't include the farm equipment. Our client had an auction to sell off his tractors, and other equipment. And we gave the purchaser access to the property prior to closing so he could get his crops in - which is something that makes lawyers on both side very, very nervous.

The whole transaction just made every spidey sense in my body tingle. Then I heard via the legal grapevine that there had been a number of similar farm sales to Chinese farmers right across the Escarpment. This area is promoted as "Foodland Ontario". Half the county is under glass. There's no laws to prevent it, and nobody seemed to be taking note of it, except us little people in the food chain going WTF?????

Forum List

Back