May Be Legal, Maybe Not, But I'm PISSED!!!

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
For the SECOND time now I've come home to find a car parked in front of my garage. It was so close this time that I could BARELY skin my Harley in. And by sheer luck, the assistant manager had been strolling by. I had a talk with him about getting it moved, and after all the "I'm sorry's" and the "I understand's", the sons a bitchin car was still in front of my garage. I steamed about it all night and I'm still PISSED OFF! I'm just waiting for the office to open to go over and give them a piece of my mind.

It's going to go something like this..."this is SECOND time I've found a car parked in front of my garage. I PAY for this garage dearly, and if my access to it is blocked again, and you people AREN'T going to REMOVE IT, I'm going to first call the police to have it towed, and if they won't, I'm going to hook up to it with TRUCK and LOG CHAIN, and I'm going to DRAG IT OUT INTO THE MIDDLE OF THE PARKING LOT and LEAVE IT THERE! Then I'm going to CHARGE YOU FOR ME HAVING TO MOVE IT!"

I'm not sure what my "legal" options are here, but what if you pulled up into someone's driveway at there house and parked in front of THEIR garage? Would your car get towed then? You bet your ASS it would. Well parked in front of my APARTMENT garage is no different. I'm leasing it, it's mine, and parking in front of it is prohibited.

FUCK I'm pissed. I HATE to start my day out like this... :bang3:

Pale, you should intimidate him without letting him know it is associated with your garage. Just put a note on the car saying, "If you ever park in this neighborhood again your tires will be deflated." That should work.

Pale, you should intimidate him without letting him know it is associated with your garage. Just put a note on the car saying, "If you ever park in this neighborhood again your tires will be deflated." That should work.

I thought about that too. I looked at my twenty pound sledge hammer and envisioned taking out the windshield and adding some dents, but that DEFINITELY wouldn't have been legal. FUN but not legal.

I want to stay withing my legal rights, but still teach this moron a lesson they won't forget.

I would find out if it would be legal to have another car towed. If so I would post a sign that unauthorized vehicles will be towed at owners expense. Then I would arrange an agreement with a towing service to tow away the vehicles at a moments notice. Often this is a money making action for towing companies, they will not release the vehicle untill the owner pays the tow fee.

I thought about that too. I looked at my twenty pound sledge hammer and envisioned taking out the windshield and adding some dents, but that DEFINITELY wouldn't have been legal. FUN but not legal.

I want to stay withing my legal rights, but still teach this moron a lesson they won't forget.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Pale Rider again.

I sooooo know that feeling.

People, on average, suck.

There are so many inconsiderate people these days. They don't even rise to the level of being actively rude. It's like the whole world revolves around them and nobody else exists in their universe.

My last house was on a cul de sac and I had a neighbor who ran a car repair business out of his house on the weekends. He specialized in Saabs. The cul de sac was always full of Saabs. They never actually blocked my driveway, but sometimes it was tough to back out of my garage because it was under the level of the street and I had to be real careful when I backed out because I couldn't see anything until I got to the tip of my driveway.

It really pissed me off. Until the first time they went away on vacation. When there were no cars in the cul de sac, the kids came. They played street hockey. They set up basketball hoops. I even had kids skate boarding down my driveway. My poor dog went nuts.

I decided I'd rather have the Saabs.

I posted a similar thread on another board, I think you are stalking me and stealing my material, please desist you imbecile.

I would find out if it would be legal to have another car towed. If so I would post a sign that unauthorized vehicles will be towed at owners expense. Then I would arrange an agreement with a towing service to tow away the vehicles at a moments notice. Often this is a money making action for towing companies, they will not release the vehicle untill the owner pays the tow fee.

I'd tell the office that was exactly what I was going to do.

I did call the office again this morning. Neither the manager or assistant manager were in, and I found out we don't even have a manager right now. So I spoke with a very nice and understanding rental agent. She said that they could NOT stop me from having someone's car towed, and that I'd be perfectly within my legal rights to do so. I have a written and signed lease that states number four is my garage, and that the space in FRONT of it is ALSO mine. If you're parked there, you're actually illegaly parked.

We disgust a couple of things she's going to do and say, and one of them was she was going to email "corporate" who owns this place, and make them aware of this growing problem to see if they could put up signs saying private parking, tow zone. She was also going to print up flyers to put on all the doors of the three buildings around and including mine that told renters to tell guests that if they're parked in front of garages, they will be towed.

"Threats" of towing don't mean squat unless you enforce it. I WILL have the next car towed. But what I'd love to do is chain my truck up to it and yank it out into the middle of the parking lot, and that would stir up a real hornets nest of pissed off people.

Pale, Yer reminding me of one reason I HATE apartment living.:tdown2:

I was thinking the same thing when I first read this.

I moved 2 1/2 years ago and I really considered a condo. I was so tired of mowing my lawn and clearing snow. I had done the yard thing with flowers and trying to make the yard look pretty. But I was so tired of it.

The only thing that prevented me from really looking into condos were my dogs. I checked out some condos in the area and some of them do allow dogs IF you get the permission of the abbutting condo owners. Fuck that shit. I'll have dogs to the day I die, and there is no way any neighbor is going to tell me I can't have a dog.

There is nothing you can't pay someone to do that would be more than a condo fee. I haven't mowed my lawn, or cleared snow, since I moved here. I pay the same company to do both. In the summer they mow my lawn for $35 a week, and in the winter they plow my driveway and shovel to my mailbox for $45 a storm. It's worth every penny.

I was thinking the same thing when I first read this.

I moved 2 1/2 years ago and I really considered a condo. I was so tired of mowing my lawn and clearing snow. I had done the yard thing with flowers and trying to make the yard look pretty. But I was so tired of it.

The only thing that prevented me from really looking into condos were my dogs. I checked out some condos in the area and some of them do allow dogs IF you get the permission of the abbutting condo owners. Fuck that shit. I'll have dogs to the day I die, and there is no way any neighbor is going to tell me I can't have a dog.

There is nothing you can't pay someone to do that would be more than a condo fee. I haven't mowed my lawn, or cleared snow, since I moved here. I pay the same company to do both. In the summer they mow my lawn for $35 a week, and in the winter they plow my driveway and shovel to my mailbox for $45 a storm. It's worth every penny.

When I left Wisconsin to come out west here in late 2001, I sold my two story house with a 1/3 acre lot. I had bought that place for a pittance because of it's dilapidated condition. Owning my own home maintenace business though, I put a lot of money and effort into it and made it into something. But, what I sold it for hardly makes a decent down payment on a house in Reno. Shit, the AVERAGE home price here is $417,000.00!

I'd more than gladly mow my own lawn again. Apartment life is getting old, and house hunting is getting closer and closer.

When I left Wisconsin to come out west here in late 2001, I sold my two story house with a 1/3 acre lot. I had bought that place for a pittance because of it's dilapidated condition. Owning my own home maintenace business though, I put a lot of money and effort into it and made it into something. But, what I sold it for hardly makes a decent down payment on a house in Reno. Shit, the AVERAGE home price here is $417,000.00!

I'd more than gladly mow my own lawn again. Apartment life is getting old, and house hunting is getting closer and closer.

WOW!:eek2:

Forum List

Back