Maxine Waters we've got to get more confrontational.

Trump Did ask protestors at the Capitol to march PEACEFULLY down and have their voices heard.... in order to change the votes of lawmakers. That is not an insurrection, that is protest. What a group of the protestors did was something Trump did not account for. Now after the fact of the break in and violence with Capitol police, HAD Trump then called for people to be more confrontational and stay on the streets, Then yes I would say Trump was being grossly negligent in the face of what had already happened.

So what Maxine Watters is calling for is pretty dangerous. A verdict hasn't even been read yet... and the basis on what decisions have been by a jury made hasn't even been gone over yet. She's not even giving process a chance.

Watters is a lawmaker and is supposed to promote these concepts of due process,.... so to call for increasing confrontation tells people on the street who have already Looted, burned and destroyed businesses, attacked police, what exactly?? Where is her call for peaceful protest?? If one person dies due to her call for confrontation, then she would be personally liable.
Some say peaceful protest doesn't get much attention. How did kneeling during the anthem do? Cause you folks to pay attention? Hell, no, you boycotted the games rather than watch such a thing!
I don't agree with her confrontational rhetoric, but it doesn't rise to the level of incitement to riot. And it's not the essence of her message. Her message is, don't give up.
you are making excuses for her....if a republican said that i bet your opinion would be somewhat different....
Picture what you will. You will anyway.
and so will you.....

As I have previously written, these statements ignored both the elements of that crime and controlling case law. Notably, while these and other experts insisted that the crime of incitement was obvious and public on Jan. 6, there has been no charge brought against Trump despite over four months. Why?

The reason is that an actual criminal case would lead to a rejection of not just the charge but the basis for the second Trump impeachment. Trump’s Jan. 6 speech would not satisfy the test in Brandenburg v. Ohio, where the Supreme Court stressed that even "advocacy of the use of force or of law violation" is protected unless it is imminent. Trump did not call for the use of force but actually told people to protest "peacefully" and to "cheer on" their allies in Congress. After violence erupted, Trump later told his supporters to respect and obey the Capitol Police.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He's great at making his case.

What's funny is that Waters is suing Trump and she pulls this stunt in Minnesota.

And we want to put these idiots in charge of our health care ?
Maxine & her gang are a perfect example of the inmates running the asylum!

Last edited:
Trump Did ask protestors at the Capitol to march PEACEFULLY down and have their voices heard.... in order to change the votes of lawmakers. That is not an insurrection, that is protest. What a group of the protestors did was something Trump did not account for. Now after the fact of the break in and violence with Capitol police, HAD Trump then called for people to be more confrontational and stay on the streets, Then yes I would say Trump was being grossly negligent in the face of what had already happened.

So what Maxine Watters is calling for is pretty dangerous. A verdict hasn't even been read yet... and the basis on what decisions have been by a jury made hasn't even been gone over yet. She's not even giving process a chance.

Watters is a lawmaker and is supposed to promote these concepts of due process,.... so to call for increasing confrontation tells people on the street who have already Looted, burned and destroyed businesses, attacked police, what exactly?? Where is her call for peaceful protest?? If one person dies due to her call for confrontation, then she would be personally liable.
Some say peaceful protest doesn't get much attention. How did kneeling during the anthem do? Cause you folks to pay attention? Hell, no, you boycotted the games rather than watch such a thing!
I don't agree with her confrontational rhetoric, but it doesn't rise to the level of incitement to riot. And it's not the essence of her message. Her message is, don't give up.
you are making excuses for her....if a republican said that i bet your opinion would be somewhat different....
Well deflecting works for you. You know you'd be out for blood if it was Trump that said what she said.
Trump was targeting our democracy and our legally elected government because he is an authoritarian mentally ill fruitcake who was intent on remaining President after he lost an election.

I don't see a clear comparison here with an 82 year old pol who wants blacks treated fairly. Her comments Saturday didn't cause a riot. The crowd was quieter than usual and went home of their own volition.

Well deflecting works for you. You know you'd be out for blood if it was Trump that said what she said.
Trump was targeting our democracy and our legally elected government because he is an authoritarian mentally ill fruitcake who was intent on remaining President after he lost an election.

I don't see a clear comparison here with an 82 year old pol who wants blacks treated fairly. Her comments Saturday didn't cause a riot. The crowd was quieter than usual and went home of their own volition.
They still haven't gone home. Trump called for a peaceful protest--Waters is trying to short circuit due process under a threat of violence--a classic example of inciting to riot. Take the blue colored glasses off. If you advocated for anything that remotely resembled justice and fairness I think you would probably keel over and die.

They still haven't gone home. Trump called for a peaceful protest--Waters is trying to short circuit due process under a threat of violence--a classic example of inciting to riot. Take the blue colored glasses off. If you advocated for anything that remotely resembled justice and fairness I think you would probably keel over and die.
I already said I don't agree with her confrontational style. The reality is, you're overreacting.

I already said I don't agree with her confrontational style. The reality is, you're overreacting.
And you are defending a criminal.

As I have previously written, these statements ignored both the elements of that crime and controlling case law. Notably, while these and other experts insisted that the crime of incitement was obvious and public on Jan. 6, there has been no charge brought against Trump despite over four months. Why?

The reason is that an actual criminal case would lead to a rejection of not just the charge but the basis for the second Trump impeachment. Trump’s Jan. 6 speech would not satisfy the test in Brandenburg v. Ohio, where the Supreme Court stressed that even "advocacy of the use of force or of law violation" is protected unless it is imminent. Trump did not call for the use of force but actually told people to protest "peacefully" and to "cheer on" their allies in Congress. After violence erupted, Trump later told his supporters to respect and obey the Capitol Police.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What's funny is that Waters is suing Trump and she pulls this stunt in Minnesota.

Yes, they are!

Sad times for America! :(

Let me know when you see the arrest warrant for either Waters OR T****.

I think she is potentially interfering with a trial.

Dangerous ground.

You better reach the verdict I want....or else.

This old hag needs to be in prison
Yous guys don't like freedom of speech much...

first-amendment-S.jpg

Trump used fight 20 times

you call that peaceful?

Let me know when you see the arrest warrant for either Waters OR T****.
That is probably the only thing we agree on. That is exactly what is wrong with America today. Double standards, no accountability in government and a lack of respect for law.

you call that peaceful?

In political speeches the word FIGHT is used all the time by everyone in poiltics, and no one has to stop to explain to IDIOTS, that it is figurative speech. It just is. Stop with the idiocy to try and win some point.

you call that peaceful?
So do you want to hold these people to your standards?
Dem Threats.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes, they are!

Sad times for America! :(
Hang in there skye as we might still be able to keep the ship from rolling over "IF" we can get a few constitutionally based Representatives into the House of Representatives come the mid term election. The problem is with the good guy/bad guy routine that the RepubliCratic Duopoly Party(RCDP) is rope a doping the constituency with. With the retirement of Representative Justin Amash we lost our ONLY 3rd party Representative(Libertarian party) in the House of Reps. This upcoming mid term election may see a global power base shift both economically & financially if the status quo remains as is.

Dangerous ground.

That's been implied from the start, all these protests are saying the same thing. Last summer, they had some city governments over a barrel about police reform. More rioting and burning if they didn't get their way.
But everyone agrees police reform is needed and it took this in order to make it happen. Maybe next time the black community tries polite, peaceful protest, someone ought to listen to them.

I

you call that peaceful?
I would also like to call your attention to this amendment--
First Amendment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Sports events ALL use the term fight. Dementia Joe has used the term more times than you can count. Wake up moron.

Dangerous ground.

That's been implied from the start, all these protests are saying the same thing. Last summer, they had some city governments over a barrel about police reform. More rioting and burning if they didn't get their way.
But everyone agrees police reform is needed and it took this in order to make it happen. Maybe next time the black community tries polite, peaceful protest, someone ought to listen to them.

Not relevant.

Chauvin has not been convicted. And he might not be.

And that is up to the jury and not her.

If he is aquitted and someone is killed in an ensuing riot...who is to say it isn't on her head ?

Forum List

Back