Matthews Admits Media Is Biased

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Every so often, libs let the truth slip out. It is a fact, most of the media is biased to Dems, and promotes a liberal aganda

Chris Matthews admitted it on his "Hardball" show.

I am posting it, since nobody heard it since nobody watches his show

Chris Matthews: 'This Country Was Built on Biased Reporting'
Posted by Tim Graham on June 15, 2007 - 22:52.
Chris Matthews grew "verklempt," he said, on Wednesday night’s Hardball, as he pondered how a class reunion made plain for him that some people watch him every night, and trust him like people trusted Walter Cronkite. From there, Matthews and his guests took up the subject of objectivity in journalism:

Ana Marie Cox, Time.com: "I also want to say that this idea about voice being very important to the current viewer and, and Eugene’s right that it’s true, that this idea that we should be aiming for objective truth in, in journalism is a relatively new thing for us."

Chris Matthews: "I agree."

Cox: "And I think what’s important is that people trust, they could trust an unbiased [sic], they could trust a biased source."

Matthews: "Okay, this country was built on biased reporting."

Cox: "Yeah."

Matthews: "Common Sense by Thomas Paine built this country and it was a point of view -- better independence than British rule. There’s a point of view!"

"This country was built on biased reporting" ought to be played repeatedly as a Matthews motto. It certainly helped Matthews build Senator Jim Webb!

http://newsbusters.org/node/13495

CM is hard to hate. He's more a cigar-chomping old-time Democrat than a wussy new-age Democrat.

He is easy to ignore. Nobody watchs his show. He has become a liberal fruit loop and he no longer makes an attempt to hide his bias

He was a jerk when he worked for Pres Peanut - and he has become a bigger one in recent years

The BBC finally admitted they are slanted left. I admit Fox is more right wing, but that isn't fair huh. Journalist, by trade, are mostly liberal. That's why Fox gets criticized so much. They are more conservative. One out of how many news stations. He are a few quotes from the BBC confession

"There is a tendency to 'group think' with too many staff inhabiting a shared space and comfort zone," says the report.

It notes staff tend to mimic each other's common left-leaning values.

A seminar on staff impartiality held last year is documented, with officials admitting they would broadcast images of the Bible being thrown away, but not the Koran for fear of offending Muslims.

The admissions of bias were made at the impartiality summit. Most executives admitted the corporation's representation of homosexuals and ethnic minorities was unbalanced and disproportionate.

People that watch Fox admit to being more conservative. Why has it taken so long for left people to admit that the majority of news corporations are liberal?

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=56228

we have a corporate owned media.

Whos more in control the Boss or the workers?

Its time to understand that the news media beat the drums for war and that was not a liberal cause.

Matthews is horrible ,he talks over his guests answers and asks questions three minutes long.

He has been known to on about how sexy Republican candidates are and says totally idiotic things every time I watch him.

He was talking about the sex appeal of Fred Thompson the ohter day for christ sakes.....hes an idiot.

Every so often, libs let the truth slip out. It is a fact, most of the media is biased to Dems, and promotes a liberal aganda

I think Matthews' words make it clear that he thinks that the country was built on biased reporting...but, from your quote - and from the article you quote it from, I do not see where he says anything about "promoting a liberal aganda"[sic]. There is no case made that any bias is liberal in any way, nor that all media is biased in the same direction.

This thread is nothing but an unsupported, erroneous, flatulent conclusion from the king of flatulence.

Pentagon hires ABC reporter to improve PR

By: Mike Allen
Jun 18, 2007 01:51 PM EST

"The Pentagon will announce this week that Geoff Morrell, previously a White House correspondent for ABC News, has been hired as the Defense Department’s on-camera briefer, a senior administration official told The Politico. "

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0607/4529.html

I'll bet the Pentagon hired him for that famed "liberal bias"! :rofl:

Bah...

This thread is biased against democrats.

The Democrats don't own the media. CNN, Fox, MSNBC (which is mostly owned by NBC), CNBC, NBC, and other such media news outlets are owned by conservatives that seek to dish out whatever news they could find that would give them big ratings. You don't need to be a liberal to show liberal footage.

The BBC finally admitted they are slanted left. I admit Fox is more right wing, but that isn't fair huh. Journalist, by trade, are mostly liberal. That's why Fox gets criticized so much. They are more conservative. One out of how many news stations. He are a few quotes from the BBC confession

People that watch Fox admit to being more conservative. Why has it taken so long for left people to admit that the majority of news corporations are liberal?

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=56228

How is Fox News biased? They have plenty of Dems/libs on to give their views, and Fox News does give both sides ofthe issue

Perhaps that is why Fox News is #1 in the ratings and CNN and MSNBC are in their dust

we have a corporate owned media.

Whos more in control the Boss or the workers?

Its time to understand that the news media beat the drums for war and that was not a liberal cause.

Matthews is horrible ,he talks over his guests answers and asks questions three minutes long.

He has been known to on about how sexy Republican candidates are and says totally idiotic things every time I watch him.

He was talking about the sex appeal of Fred Thompson the ohter day for christ sakes.....hes an idiot.

That is why nobody watches his show

I think Matthews' words make it clear that he thinks that the country was built on biased reporting...but, from your quote - and from the article you quote it from, I do not see where he says anything about "promoting a liberal aganda"[sic]. There is no case made that any bias is liberal in any way, nor that all media is biased in the same direction.

This thread is nothing but an unsupported, erroneous, flatulent conclusion from the king of flatulence.

Matthews has opnly supported Dems, accused voters of being raicst when they did not vote for the black Dem (however he did not say that when the black Republican lost) cheered when the Dems won the 06 election, nightly attacked Pres Bush and VP Cheney, and was a huge Kerry backer

To you, that would make him an objective reporter

Pentagon hires ABC reporter to improve PR

By: Mike Allen
Jun 18, 2007 01:51 PM EST

"The Pentagon will announce this week that Geoff Morrell, previously a White House correspondent for ABC News, has been hired as the Defense Department’s on-camera briefer, a senior administration official told The Politico. "

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0607/4529.html

I'll bet the Pentagon hired him for that famed "liberal bias"! :rofl:

I would like to know they gave him the job.

Here’s how MRC's Brent Baker wrote up some of Morrell’s ABC reporting. The record suggests he definitely has not been auditioning for a job with the Bush administration:

On February 26, 2006, ABC devoted a story to lamenting the apathy at Kent State, a hotbed of anti-Vietnam war protests, toward the war in Iraq. Reporter Geoff Morrell passed along an all too common smear of war supporters as he contended that "many are reluctant to speak out against it for fear of being called unpatriotic." In his World News Tonight piece, Morrell fretted that the "indifference" toward the war "is surprising at this school, a hotbed of anti-war protests during Vietnam, and still popular with liberals."
Comments from left-wing students dominated Morrell's piece, such as one who charged: "It's an act of modern day imperialism, where America is going to other countries and moving, trying to expand its borders to take over other countries and use them for economic resources." Morrell even found a vet, who "fought in Iraq and Afghanistan," who became "totally disillusioned." The vet-turned-student declared: "I think it's an unjust war." Morrell touted how "the 25 year-old enrolled at Kent State, hoping he could reinvigorate its anti-war movement," but he disappointingly found only apathy.

Several media outlets on couldn't resist trumping up President Bush's motorcade passing by Cindy Sheehan's protest camp. On the August 12, 2005 World News Tonight, ABC's Geoff Morrell relayed how "the President's motorcade passed by Cindy Sheehan en route to a $2 million Republican fund-raiser" and asked Sheehan: "Are you disappointed he didn't stop?" Morrell also pointed out how "in the eleven days Mr. Bush has been on vacation, at least 37 troops have been killed in Iraq."

On July 31, 2005, Morrell recited how anti-war Democratic congressional candidate Paul Hackett denounced President Bush as a "chicken hawk" and "the biggest threat to America," but instead of describing that as mudslinging, Morrell called it "candor," relaying: "If elected, Hackett says he'll use that same candor to educate Congress about what's really going on in Iraq."

Right before Bush's second inaugural, on January 16, 2005, Morrell focused on how "some" are upset by a "lavish" inaugural in the midst of a war. ABC anchor Terry Moran teased at the top of that Sunday's World News Tonight: "In a time of war and natural disaster, is it time for a lavish celebration?" Correspondent Morrell proceeded to relay the complaints of one anti-war activist and a rich sports owner who had voted for Bush. Without mentioning how FDR was near-death at the time, Morrell contrasted Bush with how "during World War II Franklin Roosevelt opted not to have a parade or a party — just a White House swearing in followed by a small luncheon of chicken salad and pound cake."
http://newsbusters.org/node/13555

But to you MM, he is another objective and unbiased reporter

I would like to know they gave him the job.

Here’s how MRC's Brent Baker wrote up some of Morrell’s ABC reporting. The record suggests he definitely has not been auditioning for a job with the Bush administration:

On February 26, 2006, ABC devoted a story to lamenting the apathy at Kent State, a hotbed of anti-Vietnam war protests, toward the war in Iraq. Reporter Geoff Morrell passed along an all too common smear of war supporters as he contended that "many are reluctant to speak out against it for fear of being called unpatriotic." In his World News Tonight piece, Morrell fretted that the "indifference" toward the war "is surprising at this school, a hotbed of anti-war protests during Vietnam, and still popular with liberals."
Comments from left-wing students dominated Morrell's piece, such as one who charged: "It's an act of modern day imperialism, where America is going to other countries and moving, trying to expand its borders to take over other countries and use them for economic resources." Morrell even found a vet, who "fought in Iraq and Afghanistan," who became "totally disillusioned." The vet-turned-student declared: "I think it's an unjust war." Morrell touted how "the 25 year-old enrolled at Kent State, hoping he could reinvigorate its anti-war movement," but he disappointingly found only apathy.

Several media outlets on couldn't resist trumping up President Bush's motorcade passing by Cindy Sheehan's protest camp. On the August 12, 2005 World News Tonight, ABC's Geoff Morrell relayed how "the President's motorcade passed by Cindy Sheehan en route to a $2 million Republican fund-raiser" and asked Sheehan: "Are you disappointed he didn't stop?" Morrell also pointed out how "in the eleven days Mr. Bush has been on vacation, at least 37 troops have been killed in Iraq."

On July 31, 2005, Morrell recited how anti-war Democratic congressional candidate Paul Hackett denounced President Bush as a "chicken hawk" and "the biggest threat to America," but instead of describing that as mudslinging, Morrell called it "candor," relaying: "If elected, Hackett says he'll use that same candor to educate Congress about what's really going on in Iraq."

Right before Bush's second inaugural, on January 16, 2005, Morrell focused on how "some" are upset by a "lavish" inaugural in the midst of a war. ABC anchor Terry Moran teased at the top of that Sunday's World News Tonight: "In a time of war and natural disaster, is it time for a lavish celebration?" Correspondent Morrell proceeded to relay the complaints of one anti-war activist and a rich sports owner who had voted for Bush. Without mentioning how FDR was near-death at the time, Morrell contrasted Bush with how "during World War II Franklin Roosevelt opted not to have a parade or a party — just a White House swearing in followed by a small luncheon of chicken salad and pound cake."
http://newsbusters.org/node/13555

But to you MM, he is another objective and unbiased reporter

my point: obviously the Pentagon wasn't too worried about his "liberal bias" or they wouldn't have hired him. :rofl:

my point: obviously the Pentagon wasn't too worried about his "liberal bias" or they wouldn't have hired him. :rofl:

He has no problem expresing his opinion in his news stories - of course you would agree with those opinions

I wonder why and who hired him

I wonder why and who hired him

do you honestly think that the Pentagon would hire an on camera briefer to speak to the national media without Gates being involved in the decision?

Or do you think it is one of those other liberal democrats who fill up nearly every office in the DoD? :D

do you honestly think that the Pentagon would hire an on camera briefer to speak to the national media without Gates being involved in the decision?

Or do you think it is one of those other liberal democrats who fill up nearly every office in the DoD? :D

There are alot of Clinton hold overs that do what they can to undermine the current adminiatration

Does the name Mary McCarty mean anything to you?

New Topics

Forum List

Back