Matthew 12:40

Indeependent,
re: "Ever hear of Google or Bing?"

I've heard of Google. Are you saying that Google gives your reason for asking what 'cucification' means?

Penelope,

I don't see where your response shows examples where a daytime or a night time was forecast or said to be involved with an event when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could have occur.

Penelope,

I don't see where your response shows examples where a daytime or a night time was forecast or said to be involved with an event when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could have occur.

Even if there is only a part of the day , even 20 mins, it counts as 1 day.

Penelope,
re: "Even if there is only a part of the day , even 20 mins, it counts as 1 day."

That's an issue for a different topic.

If you believe that the Jesus story is not a historical one, but a reflection of one to come by mixing many expectations from many cultures (as a Pope admitted to), then the 3 day rising story which is in many cultures mythologies has to be the expectation of that one to come's era.
In the Biblical era the scrolls showed us what "Day" meant in certain context.
The Ages of The World Scroll
4Q180-181 reveals Days=Ages
So 3 days=3ages for the HaShev(return)
Age of Trade to Industrial Age=1 day
Industrial Age to
Information Age=2 days
Information Age to molecular manufacturing age aka day of rest
=3rd day for the "Return" (HaShev).

Now go back to where he borrows the
3 day(ages) story of Jonah and the Whale)...the riddle where Jonah (Said to represent Israel) spends 3days(ages) in the belly of the whale (Rome swallowed Israel).
Remember:in ancient slang Rome is called Seas and it's Army called Ships, so they would not know they were being spoken of during revolts. Slang used in the Jonah story refer to the Ship (Roman army) in the Sea(Rome).
So we did see it took 3 ages before Jonah came out of this Whale Rome/Europe to be free again as Israel returned/restored/placed back(HaShev)

HaShev,

Your post deals with an issue for a different topic. Perhaps you could start one.

Wow I thought this thread was dead but just like the falsified resurrection theme of Jesus this one keeps popping back up 7 years and counting ...Funny how the KjV quotes Jonas Instead of Jonah maybe it was to cover up the fact that Israel/ Jonah would RETURN and would be RESTORED and DELIVERED out of the giant fish( Christianity) that swam all the seas or waters ( People’s) that Rome managed to conquer and swallow up over the years and yet they couldn’t swallow up and digest Israel/Jonah so they had to throw him back out whole, shaken up and a little worse for wear but still able to function and recover and now in the process of Restoring what was originally his......

shimon,
re: "Wow I thought this thread was dead..."

It appears your thinking was incorrect.

BTW, your comments deal with issues for a different topic.

shimon,

No it's not, because in order to understand Matthews mimick of the OT Jonah story you need to first understand the use of words in that era and use that to better interpret the Jonah story then and only then can you better grasp Matthew, otherwise you use modern day use of words not Biblical era ones.
This would be liken to reading your kids slang today but interpreting it with literal meaning as you know it, not as it's meaning used in slang to hide their rebellious language from parents/or authority.
Go back and read Jonah now knowing Ships=army and sea=Rome and now tell me where your preachers ever taught it properly if they interpreted ships as ships and seas as waters? So if Matthew uses Jonah then you have to admit your preachers got that wrong as well or admit Matthew was not written by a Jew. Thus a Roman would not get it translated properly, because the slang was hidden from them as is the HaShem (i.e. the name).

shimon,

No it's not, because in order to understand Matthews mimick of the OT Jonah story you need to first understand the use of words in that era and use that to better interpret the Jonah story then and only then can you better grasp Matthew, otherwise you use modern day use of words not Biblical era ones.
This would be liken to reading your kids slang today but interpreting it with literal meaning as you know it, not as it's meaning used in slang to hide their rebellious language from parents/or authority.
Go back and read Jonah now knowing Ships=army and sea=Rome and now tell me where your preachers ever taught it properly if they interpreted ships as ships and seas as waters? So if Matthew uses Jonah then you have to admit your preachers got that wrong as well or admit Matthew was not written by a Jew. Thus a Roman would not get it translated properly, because the slang was hidden from them as is the HaShem (i.e. the name).
It turns out that that verse in Mathew is extremely problematic for a number of reasons and thanks to rstrats because I would not have looked it up otherwise...
shimon,

Considering the fact that a huge percentage of Mathew was plagerized from Mark and that whoever wrote Mathew figured it would be clever using The Jonah story to place their idol / Jesus or logos there...Of course we realize from past experience that the author ofMathew was trying to fit his or her version of Jesus into events and it doesn’t shock me at all nor should it surprise any that read this. This is just another example of the ones who wrote the Christian scriptures trying to force in their Jesus where he does not belong and like they claim he belongs in hundreds of places in the Jewish scriptures which is utter nonsense...Further since whoever wrote those passages in Mathew would have had access to libraries or documents with interesting tidbits of knowledge then whoever wrote it would have known in Cuneform that the city of Nineveh was associated with Nina which is symbolized as a fish within a house..Further the ancient Citadel of Nineveh is situated on a hill today called Quyunjig which means little lamb... This is humorous as the lamb is associated with Jesus but the humorous part is that the lamb was a god of Egypt that the Israelites slaughtered in front of the Egyptians showing it had no power over them...Michael has pointed out many times the three layers of prophecy that show up on many occasions one could say that once again he is correct here as well.. The Israelites knew what the slang terms meant regarding , fish, seas, waters etc etc.. The ones who wrote Mathew did not and could not and by their plagerizing and taking a
Little from here and a little from there they just confused the issue and muddied the water so that people today are completely confused and bamboozled by the butchery of the original meanings and concepts...

Plus relevant to this discussion, we already know Matthew wasn't written by a Jew through Matthew 2:5-6 use of Micah 5 improperly. MATTHEW didn't know the proper use of gender in the Hebrew language to understand Bethlehem Ephratah was not and could not be about a town (cause it was the wrong gender to be). Furthermore a Jewish writer would know the verses in Micah 5 were about a lineage thus the word out of a clan was the term used.
A Jewish man learned in scripture would know there was a person Bethlehem son of grandson of Ephratah and not do a CNN or MSNBC type trick to conveniently drop or forget the word Ephratah when discussing "Bethlehem Ephratah".
So a Jew would know "Bethlehem Ephratah" was a person not a town called Bethlehem.
MICAH READA OUT OF "Bethlehem Ephratah" (lineage) not "Bethlehem" the town.
Matthew therefore is not Jewish, and is used for tactical purposes of spreading a false narrative and placement aka "Fake News" CNN and MSNBC style.

Lol...Not just CNN and MSNBC but the “ good news” of the gospel fables as well... After all it is the original national enquirer and tabloid that passes off its “ good news” as hard covered truth even though when its contents are examined properly and with an open mind can be easily seen as flawed or untruthful at best and sheer propaganda at worst... Even a guy like Baghdad Bob would have trouble believing this stuff much less actually getting in front of people and trying to pass it off as the gospel truth...

Whenever the three days and three nights of Matthew 12:40 is brought up in a “discussion” with 6th day crucifixion folks, they frequently argue that it is a Jewish idiom for counting any part of a day as a whole day. I wonder if anyone has documentation that shows that the phrase “x” days and “x”nights was ever used in the first century or before when it absolutely didn’t include at least parts of the “x” days and at least parts of the “x” nights?

So if the crucifixion occurred on the 6th day? Is that what this is saying?

The 6th day is Friday... Or to phrase it better, Thursday sundown to Friday Sundown. The 7th day would be Friday Sundown to Saturday Sundown.

But if the crucifixion occurred on the 6th day, and Christ was in the tomb, or 'passed-on', for 3 days and 3 nights, as He said of Himself in comparing the Prophet (J)onah with His 'death'...

and knowing that He was taken down before the 'Sabbath' day began...

Luke 23:50-54 "And, behold, there was a man named Joseph, a counseller; and he was a good man, and a just: 51(The same had not consented to the counsel and deed of them; ) he was of Arimathaea, a city of the Jews: who also himself waited for the kingdom of God. 52This man went unto Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. 53And he took it down, and wrapped it in linen, and laid it in a sepulchre that was hewn in stone, wherein never man before was laid. 54And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on."

and three days and three nights from this time would be...

1- The day of Preparation..... "54 And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on."

Wait... it was the day of preparation... The day of Preparation is one day before the Sabbath...

Sabbath is Friday Sundown to Saturday Sundown.... 1 day before this would be : Thursday Sundown to Friday Sundown ..... This makes it the 5th day....

and 3 days from this day would be:

1- Thursday Sundown to Friday Sundown... Thursday night = 1 night
Friday day = 1 day.

2- Friday Sundown to Saturday Sundown... Friday night = 1 night
Saturday day = 1 day

3. Saturday Sundown to Sunday Sundown... Saturday night = 1 night
Sunday day = 1 day...

And on the third day.......

Luke 23:24 "And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour."

and it was about the sixth hour... sixth hour from when? Sixth hour as in 6 a.m? up to 9 a.m? Or sixth hour after Thursday Sundown??

If Sundown usually occurs at 7 p.m or so, then 6 hours from that time is... 1 a.m.. 3 hours later, then, would be 4 a.m.

Luke 23:25 "And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst."

So maybe sun-rise could have occurred around 4 a.m? Maybe an hour or so later? Around 5 a.m?

If sundown was at 8 p.m, Thursday Sundown to Friday Sundown, then 6 hours from this time might have been around, 2 a.m and 3 hour later would be; 5 a.m...

Which could show how the 'sun' was darkened, upon 'sun-rise' and after and during... Maybe being around 5 a.m...

But even after this 'hour', Christ still: Luke 23:46 "And when (J)esus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."

So He gave up the ghost after the 9th hour....

Luke 23:44-46 "And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour. And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst. And when (J)esus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."

So is this 'man' an important Person?

Yes?

No?

If you said 'no', then you might have your personal reasons...

If you said 'yes', you also might have your personal reasons...

But either way, more for those that say 'yes', I ask.... Was this 'man's' name.. really, (J)esus?

Above above his head a superscription which was placed and which read; in Latin, Greek and Hebrew... ________ _________ __________ __________

Luke 23:38 "And a superscription also was written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew, THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS."

Does Greek have the letter 'J'? Does Latin have the letter 'J'? Does Hebrew have the letter 'J'? 'J' as in for 'J'esus?

So what was His Name, Which was written in Greek, Latin and Hebrew; all 3 sharing That Same common Name? Or that 'name' which existed in Greek, Latin and Hebrew?

And so... have you ran across those online that continue to call this 'bible account' a myth or fairy tale or 'man made'?

Maybe they're correct. Maybe they know that the 'One' who this account is Written Of... that His Name IS not (J)esus....

And seeing that this name (J)esus was probably NOT common in Greek, Latin and Hebrew during this 'account' 'year', the name 'Lucifer' was probably, also, some kind of 'addition' (?) just as this name (J)esus was probably some kind of 'addition'...

-----

Check this out...

let us say... assumingly.... that there was man who was so downcast that he had to leave his home, he was so downcast that he had to just 'walk' and keep 'walking' because of some disappointment he had... that disappointment was so bad, that bad, that he just had to 'leave' until he could get his mind/heart and spirit back together...

Would he 'leave' alone? Would he need to 'walk' alone?

Proverbs 18:24 "A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother."

So this person looks to all his friends and asks who/which might want to 'fill' this role... He is looking for a 'friend' who is going to stick closer than a brother upon his 'self re-gathering' journey...

His friends might not find their friend's idea too appealing. So none might 'volunteer'. Dang! Out of luck....

But here, check this out....

Genesis 2:18 "And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him."

What? a 'help meet'? What is this 'help meet'? Some kind of 'friend' that might stick closer than a brother? Even upon life's most difficult 'journeys'?

Genesis 2:21-23 "And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; 22And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

23And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man."

is this 'Woman' the one who will fulfill the role? To stick closer than a brother?

Proverbs 18:24 "A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother."

-----
Genesis 2:
23 "And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man."

Okay.. let us say that there is a man, currently, whose name is Adam. He wonders.. why is this 'lady' being called 'Woman'? And with a Captial W to boot? What is so 'special' about this 'Woman', with the capital 'W'?

Hm... he thinks... she 'shall' be called... 'W'oman! He laughs and chuckles a bit. 'It sounds a bit caveman-ish.... She Shall be Called... 'WOMAN'.... oooo oooo oooo'.

He pictures a 'caveman' saying this... 'She Shall be Called Woman'!

He moves on... 'The flesh of my flesh and the bone of my bones seems a bit macabre also... but nonetheless looking around at every other human being around', thinks Adam, 'everyone is pretty much flesh of the same and bones of the same... Nothing is too different unless by some experiment or by some redesign-ing of the human body that has just recently, in the past few decades or so, is making 'progress'.. But I can go for that', Adam agrees.

'But She Shall be Called Shee-Ra... Captain of the Universe'! Adam laughs.

But to that 'man' that has taken such a 'woman' out of 'man', or the 'group of men' that is in the world and which surrounds each and every 'woman', well, I guess this 'man' has accomplished a feat. He has actually removed a 'woman' out of the pack of alpha males.. And so this 'Man' declares, 'and she Shall be called 'Woman''....

----

Today is Saturday, August 24, 2019. The (approximate) times are:

Hawaii Time
Saturday
8/24/2019
9:02 AM
HST

Alaska Time
Saturday
8/24/2019
11:02 AM
AKDT

Pacific Time
Saturday
8/24/2019
12:02 PM
PDT

Mountain Time
Saturday
8/24/2019
1:02 PM
MDT

Central Time
Saturday
8/24/2019
2:02 PM
CDT

Eastern Time
Saturday
8/24/2019
3:02 PM
EDT

Saturday falls between Friday Sundown to Saturday Sundown hence making it the 7th day.

The (approximate) time in Y'srael is:

10:06:49 pm IDT
Saturday, August 24, 2019.

Their 7th day has passed. They are now in their Saturday Sundown to Sunday Sundown day, which is 'Sunday'.

--------

Romans 2:24 "For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written."

Strange coincidence:

It Is Written is an internationally broadcast Seventh-day Adventist Christian television program founded in 1956 by George Vandeman.[1] Its title comes from the Gospel of Matthew: "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.'"[2] The programs are produced by the Adventist Media Center in California.[3][4]

It Is Written was the first religious program to air in color, and the first to take advantage of satellite technology. The program broadcasts to millions of viewers in more than 140 countries.

*wiki

The Seventh-*** **** Church[a] is a Protestant Christian denomination[3] which is distinguished by its observance of Saturday,[4] the seventh day of the week in Christian and Jewish calendars, as the Sabbath, and its emphasis on the imminent Second Coming (advent) of Jesus Christ.

*wiki

Does this Church teach :
1. That the Laws that contained the 'Day of Rest' is as those 'laws' which The Apostle Paul fought against as against the 'Judaizers' in relations to The Gentiles in regards with and to the other laws, such as in the 'law' of circumcision and [the] other '(J)ewish' Laws which he [also] argued against even with his fellow brother in Christ, the Apostle Peter, when he said, 'why do you compel me to live as the (J)ews when you live as the Gentiles'?

Last edited:
1. That the Laws that contained the 'Day of Rest' is as those 'laws' which The Apostle Paul fought against as against the 'Judaizers' in relations to The Gentiles in regards with and to the other laws, such as in the 'law' of circumcision and [the] other '(J)ewish' Laws which he [also] argued against even with his fellow brother in Christ, the Apostle Peter, when he said, 'why do you compel me to live as the (J)ews when you live as the Gentiles'?

1. That the Laws that contained the 'Day of Rest' is as those 'laws' which The Apostle Paul fought against as against the 'Judaizers' in relations to The Gentiles in regards with and to the other laws, such as in the 'law' of circumcision and [the] other '(J)ewish' Laws which he [also] argued against even with his fellow brother in Christ, the Apostle Peter, when he said, 'why do you compel 'them' to live as the (J)ews when you live as the Gentiles'?

The law of The Day of Rest was NOT handed to The Gentiles:

Acts 15:1-4; 24

1 And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved. 2 When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question. 3 And being brought on their way by the church, they passed through Phenice and Samaria, declaring the conversion of the Gentiles: and they caused great joy unto all the brethren. 4 And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and of the apostles and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them.

24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

(J)ames 3:1 "My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation."

1320. didaskalos
didaskalos: an instructor
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: didaskalos
Phonetic Spelling: (did-as'-kal-os)
Definition: an instructor
Usage: a teacher, master.

(J)ames 1:27 "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."

What is 'Religion', again? An Organized Establishment???

Question:

The Scriptures testify that one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is prophecy. This gift is an identifying mark of the remnant church and we believe it was manifested in the ministry of Ellen G. White. Her writings speak with prophetic authority and provide comfort, guidance, instruction, and correction to the church. They also make clear that the Bible is the standard by which all teaching and experience must be tested. (Num. 12:6; 2 Chron. 20:20; Amos 3:7; Joel 2:28, 29; Acts 2:14-21; 2 Tim. 3:16, 17; Heb. 1:1-3; Rev. 12:17; 19:10; 22:8, 9.)

Would Mrs. Ellen G. White, then, be considered a 'prophet' or 'prophetess'?

Proverbs 7:

6For at the window of my house I looked through my casement,

7And beheld among the simple ones, I discerned among the youths, a young man void of understanding,

8Passing through the street near her corner; and he went the way to her house,

9In the twilight, in the evening, in the black and dark night:

10And, behold, there met him a woman with the attire of an harlot, and subtil of heart.

11(She is loud and stubborn; her feet abide not in her house:

12Now is she without, now in the streets, and lieth in wait at every corner.)

13So she caught him, and kissed him, and with an impudent face said unto him,

14I have peace offerings with me; this day have I payed my vows.

15Therefore came I forth to meet thee, diligently to seek thy face, and I have found thee.

16I have decked my bed with coverings of tapestry, with carved works, with fine linen of Egypt.

17I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.

18Come, let us take our fill of love until the morning: let us solace ourselves with loves.

19For the goodman is not at home, he is gone a long journey:

20He hath taken a bag of money with him, and will come home at the day appointed.

21With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him.

22He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks;

23Till a dart strike through his liver; as a bird hasteth to the snare, and knoweth not that it is for his life.

24Hearken unto me now therefore, O ye children, and attend to the words of my mouth.

25Let not thine heart decline to her ways, go not astray in her paths.

26For she hath cast down many wounded: yea, many strong men have been slain by her.

27Her house is the way to hell, going down to the chambers of death.

----------------------------------

did this young man think of Mrs. Ellen G. White as a 'prophet' or as a 'prophetess', I wonder???

---------------------------------

In an act understood to support free love, their child, Mary, took up with the then still-married English romantic poet Percy Bysshe Shelley at a young age. Shelley wrote in defence of free love (and vegetarianism) in the prose notes of Queen Mab (1813), in his essay On Love (c. 1815). and in the poem Epipsychidion (1821):

I never was attached to that great sect,
Whose doctrine is, that each one should select
Out of the crowd a mistress or a friend,
And all the rest, though fair and wise, commend
To cold oblivion ...

True love has this, different from gold and clay,
That to divide is not to take away.

The eminent sociologist Herbert Spencer argued in his Principles of Sociology for the implementation of free divorce. Claiming that marriage consists of two components, "union by law" and "union by affection", he argued that with the loss of the latter union, legal union should lose all meaning and dissolve automatically, without the legal requirement for a divorce.[21] Free love particularly stressed women's rights since most sexual laws discriminated against women: for example, marriage laws and anti-birth control measures.

American feminist Victoria Woodhull (1838–1927), the first woman to run for presidency in the U.S. in 1872, was also called "the high priestess of free love". In 1871, Woodhull wrote: "Yes, I am a Free Lover. I have an inalienable, constitutional and natural right to love whom I may, to love as long or as short a period as I can; to change that love every day if I please, and with that right neither you nor any law you can frame have any right to interfere"

* wiki - free love

'priestess'? hmmm...

origins of seventh *** ****** Church

21 May 1863; 156 years ago
Battle Creek, Michigan

Leading advancements in the medical field... having knowledge.... needing discernment... Is there/are there differences if differences are used and/or not used in determining cause/effect relationship(s) if the 'base' is different; although assumed similar?

Let us presuppose that if A is used that it would result to B, could it be supposed that B, then, would need, and only be, a result of having A used? And if yes, could I suppose that having A within another [part] as the 'base', would be 'similar' enough to produce B if that 'base' was not fully A but only a 'part' of that base?

If the base is: 'mouth piece' resulting to being the 'voice of', for a lack of better attributions, would adding an ear to that 'mouth piece' result in the same, being the 'voice of', for a lack of better attributions?

And would doing so, if so done, have proper attributes and give proper attributions, as a 'voice of' to that which is being 'voiced' For??

So if a mouth piece, even if having an 'ear' added, as the base, results to the same, 'being the 'voice of'', shouldn't the 'speech' be a proper attribution to that which is being voiced for?

Example.. if electron was the 'voiced for' and plasma was the base, both mouth piece and ear, shouldn't the result of the 'voiced', or spoken of the plasma, give proper attributions of the electron?

And if the electron stated that electron spelled as it just had begins with an 'e' in the same language script that it just had been spelled, shouldn't the plasma, with both mouth piece and ear, 'voice' the same; that electron spelled as it is in the language of that certain 'language script' would begin with an 'e'?

And so... versions and editions are not the true 'inspired' of God as the True Scripture which had been given was which Was the True Inspired Of By God...

2 Timothy 3:16 "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,"

2315. theopneustos
theopneustos: God-breathed, i.e. inspired by God
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: theopneustos
Phonetic Spelling: (theh-op'-nyoo-stos)
Definition: God-breathed, inspired by God
Usage: God-breathed, inspired by God, due to the inspiration of God.

Not each and every version or/and edition is God-breathed...

2 Timothy 3:16 "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,"

In other words, only those 'True' God-breathed 'words'; such as Scriptures, are profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

All else are/is as:

Matthew 15:9 "...teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

which results in Matthew 15:9 "But in vain they do worship me..."

So when a person disputes that the Word, even The Word of God, cannot be taken 'verbatim', he/she may have a 'point' depending on which 'version/edition/volume', etc he/she wants to have as 'verbatim'....

It is now approximately:
11:22 and 7 seconds pm IDT
Saturday, August 24, 2019

in Y'srael....

Oh... Israel has no letter 'I' in their alphabet either... so in reality, they themselves do not spell Israel as Israel, or do they?

(J)udges 21:3 "And said, O LORD God of Israel, why is this come to pass in Israel, that there should be to day one tribe lacking in Israel?"

3478. Yisrael
Yisrael: "God strives," another name of (J)acob and his desc.
Part of Speech: Proper Name Masculine
Transliteration: Yisrael
Phonetic Spelling: (yis-raw-ale')
Definition: "God strives", another name of (J)acob and his desc

Which tribe could be missing?

3290. Yaaqob
Yaaqob: a son of Isaac, also his desc.
Transliteration: Yaaqob
Phonetic Spelling: (yah-ak-obe')
Definition: a son of Isaac, also his desc

Isaac: 3327. Yitschaq
Yitschaq: "he laughs," son of Abraham and Sarah
Transliteration: Yitschaq
Phonetic Spelling: (yits-khawk')
Definition: "he laughs", son of Abraham and Sarah

No one 'forced' them to put English over 'Hebrew' (?) as their preferred language, right?

5677. Eber
Transliteration: Eber
Phonetic Spelling: (ay'-ber)
Definition: "region beyond", a descendant of Shem, also the name of several (I)sraelites

Word Origin:
from abar

5674. abar
abar: alienate
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: abar
Phonetic Spelling: (aw-bar')
Definition: to pass over, through, or by, pass on

he brew(s) 'beer' in a bar? and thus 'mocking' The LORD God?

But wait! Get this... By using the English language....

It's not as if The LORD God is 'new' at knowing that HE is 'mocked at'. But at least WE now have a little more knowledge of how and by how and sorts...

Why is this 'knowledge' important or maybe even 'necessary'?

Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

Who is Hosea?

Numbers 13:16 "These are the names of the men which Moses sent to spy out the land. And Moses called Oshea the son of Nun Jehoshua."

Numbers 13:8 "Of the tribe of Ephraim, Oshea the son of Nun."

(I)sa(i)ah 19:25 "Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance."

Last edited:
deorro 1,
re: "So if the crucifixion occurred on the 6th day? Is that what this is saying?"

The original OP was poorly conceived with regard to the intent of the topic. Unfortunately it couldn't be edited once it was posted. It was clarified in subsequent posts and most recently in post #145 and #158. Again, the topic question is with regard to the commonality of forecasting a daytime or a night time when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could occur. So far no one has provided any examples. But perhaps someone new looking in in the future may know of some.

And that "someone new" needs to be someone who believes the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week with a 1st day of the week resurrection, and who thinks that the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb, and who tries to explain the lack of a 3rd night by saying that the Messiah was employing common figure of speech/colloquial language of the period.

There is a very close answer to Matthews 12:40 right above, but it misses it by one day.

Anyone who is good counting by using the fingers can find out the answer about those three nights/three days or those three days/three nights (at the end the result is just the same).

The Israelite received the teaching of nominating days from sunset to sunset. This is not crazy because we nominate days from midnight to midnight.

Jonah died inside the big fish and stayed there for three days and three nights. The miracle is his resurrection and later walking to a city to prevent them from God's punishment if they don't repent.

Jesus as well, was dead for three nights and three days.

The Israelite received as feasts to be celebrated, the "ceremony" of Passover, the Feast of Unleavened Bread, The Feast of First Fruits, the Feast of the Weeks, the Feast of Trumpets, Yom Kippur (or day of atonement), the Feast of Tents, and finally The Last and Great Day.

By the way, these are not "Jewish feasts", because the bible clearly states these feasts are "God's Feasts", and followers of the biblical god are assumed to celebrate them as well.

The "ceremony" of Passover happened at the end of Wednesday that week. We must count then, from Wednesday sunset and going forward.

In order for avoid confusion, I must name the days as the bible does it, this is to say, First day, Second day, and so forth.

Crucifixion event the day before Passover, this is to say, before the biblical 4th day is ending. (Wednesday day time)

Day 1. (Wednesday night) celebration of Passover followed by the Feast of Unleavened Bread. Christ dead in the tomb. This Fifth day ends at the next sunset and starts the Sixth day. (Thursday night)

Day 2 (Thursday night) Christ still is dead in the tomb. This day ends at the next sunset and the sixth day starts. This is when the biblical weekly day of rest starts until today.(Friday night)

Day 3. (Friday night) Christ still is dead inside the tomb. This day ends at the next sunset and seventh day starts. (Saturday night)

Three nights three days inside the tomb.

He was resurrected after the evening (ending) of the Sixth day, this is to say, at the beginning of the first day of the week, anytime between Saturday night and Sunday morning.

This is why when he was visited early in the morning of the first day of the week, he was already resurrected and out somewhere.

By a declared ignorance perpetuated thru the centuries, because the new church rejected anything smelling "Jewish", this is, I think, the reason why this discussion here can't be solved.

People ignore that Christ was an Israelite, that he kept the counting of days according to the bible and not according to any other system of counting the days of the week.

These two events go in parallel when in both cases the two individuals died, and after three days were both resurrected: one of them with his human body, and the another with a transformed body.

Unfortunately "tradition" rules in several cultures and won't accept by any means that their doctrines were in error.

But this is the good thing about the prophecies, when those say that knowledge will increase.

There are several congregations around the world which know already about the three nights and three days event, their children know it, their senior learned it as well.

The good thing is when a person who has not been religious then he receives this kind of teaching. For the new member learning the three nights and three days (three days, three nights) is an easy task.

The problem is for the ones who learned it differently since they were children. They won't accept the literal three days and three nights, but they will choose to keep their tradition rather than the biblical truth.

So, it is optional by anyone to decide what to believe.

luchitociencia,
re: "Day 1. (Wednesday night) celebration of Passover followed by the Feast of Unleavened Bread. Christ dead in the tomb."

That would be an issue for a different topic. Perhaps you could start one.

Forum List

Back