Matt Gaetz Under Investigation By Florida State Bar Over Michael Cohen Threat

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017

The Florida Bar has opened an investigation into whether Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) violated professional conduct rules by threatening former Trump fixer Michael Cohen ahead of Cohen’s congressional testimony on Wednesday.

Gaetz initially defended the missive, saying, “This is what it looks like to compete in the marketplace of ideas.” Under pressure, he later apologized, saying “it was NOT my intent to threaten, as some believe I did.”

Florida Bar investigating Rep. Matt Gaetz for Cohen tweet - CNNPolitics

Rules regulating the Florida Bar say that "a lawyer's conduct should conform to the requirements of the law, both in professional service to clients and in the lawyer's business and personal affairs. A lawyer should use the law's procedures only for legitimate purposes and not to harass or intimidate others."

--------------

Everyone connected to Trump gets dirty. Have you noticed?

The Florida Bar has opened an investigation into whether Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) violated professional conduct rules by threatening former Trump fixer Michael Cohen ahead of Cohen’s congressional testimony on Wednesday.

Gaetz initially defended the missive, saying, “This is what it looks like to compete in the marketplace of ideas.” Under pressure, he later apologized, saying “it was NOT my intent to threaten, as some believe I did.”

Florida Bar investigating Rep. Matt Gaetz for Cohen tweet - CNNPolitics

Rules regulating the Florida Bar say that "a lawyer's conduct should conform to the requirements of the law, both in professional service to clients and in the lawyer's business and personal affairs. A lawyer should use the law's procedures only for legitimate purposes and not to harass or intimidate others."

--------------

Everyone connected to Trump gets dirty. Have you noticed?
Do you think it is worse than the Clinton’s?

D62D5BA6-3F18-417D-99A2-663B857A7FB7.jpeg

New Topics

Forum List

Back