Mathematical Challenges to Darwin’s Theory of Evolution

By the way, the above should read:

On the classical model of gene duplication: new information?! Are you sure? Don't you mean adaptively new/enhanced functions?​

You beat me to my edit.

A duplicated gene isn't new information?

No. It's a duplicate of the preexisting information in the original.

What if the original gene now mutates? Is that new information?

Mutations entail a loss of information. Most mutations are deleterious or neutral, but some are adaptive.

Oops, both genes mutate, new information yet?

Ditto * two!

Do new genes allow new functions?

Yes! Especially those of the duplication-degeneration-complementation (DDC) model in terms of frequency in adaptability and in preservation . .. eventually,, though most of those enhance the same function of the original gene in a more complex pathway.

Last edited:

On the classical model of gene duplication: new information?! Are you sure? Don't you mean adaptively new/enhanced functions?​

You beat me to my edit.

Mutations entail a loss of information. Most mutations are deleterious or neutral, but some are adaptive.

Ditto * two!

Yes! Especially those of the duplication-degeneration-complementation (DDC) model in terms of frequency in adaptability and in preservation.

Mutations entail a loss of information.

You said that before.....but you still haven't posted any proof.

Oops, both genes mutate, loss of old information, addition of new information, right?

Mutations entail a loss of information.

You said that before.....but you still haven't posted any proof.

Oops, both genes mutate, loss of old information, addition of new information, right?

See above again. Mutations entail a loss of preexisting information, but mutations of duplicate genes can give rise to new/enhanced functions, eventually, if preserved long enough to become adaptive.

It happens fairly rapidly from the filtering of the genetic information that already exists and we can observe it.

Obviously. What was filtered out to create nylonase?

Oh, welcome back. Have you evolved in S&T haha?

In this case, it wasn't what was filtered out but in the design with plasmids. It is further evidence for God.

In this case, it wasn't what was filtered

So you were wrong, or you were lying?

but in the design with plasmids.

Design with plasmids created nylonase? Please tell me more.

Stasis dominates the history of most fossil species.
But you just said, "most", so we agree.
Not if you believe evolution is a gradual process we don't.
Mutations entail a loss of preexisting information,

And, usually, the creation of new information.

but mutations of duplicate genes can give rise to new/enhanced functions,

So, a mutation can be a gain of information.

Shocking!

Eighteen pages into a creationer’s thread about Darwinism and math, yet, no math.

Once again, the math is presented in the video. Shocking!
ID’iot creationer math tends to be a bit of a variant of real math.

Shocking!

Perhaps you could advise how ID’iot creationer math refutes Darwinian theory. It will come as a surprise to you that Darwinian Theory addresses adaptation and change of biological organisms as a result of environmental factors.

Why did the Disco’tute clown show not include a biologist in a discussion of biology?

This might be the appropriate place for you to spam the thread with your goofy poetry.

You beat me to my edit.

Ditto * two!

Yes! Especially those of the duplication-degeneration-complementation (DDC) model in terms of frequency in adaptability and in preservation . .. eventually,, though most of those enhance the same function of the original gene in a more complex pathway.

What is the ID’iot creationer definition of “information”?

Well, it depends on what you mean by new information, and that's where I have been trying to drive this discourse.
What math information is a part of gene mutation?

You’re driving a train wreck.

Last edited:

Well, it depends on what you mean by new information, and that's where I have been trying to drive this discourse.

Well, it depends on what you mean by new information,

What do you mean by, "Mutations entail a loss of information"?

That doesn't seem to be what the fossil record suggests. Gradual evolution is seldom seen in the fossil record.

I'm sure you can find a fossil bed that shows fast change over a "short" period of geologic time ... it can happen "quickly" ... but how many generations? ... if we have a diatom dividing every three hours, we can have a billion generations withoin the "short" period of time of a million years ... even among most mega-fauna, we see individuals reaching breeding age after a single year, very few are like humans with exceptionally long juvenile stages ... plus we need to remember the fossil record is horrifically incomplete, most organisms don't form fossils at all; the few that do, do so quite rarely ... and fossil beds are dated ± 100,000 years at best ...

Look up whale evolution ... one of the few types where we do have a fairly complete fossil record ...

New Topics

Forum List

Back