Math is Racist.

In order to level the playing field ... I hereby decree ...

1. Pi is now equal to 3 ... no more non-repeating decimals.

2. The answer the every math problem is now "42".

3. "Show your work" now means write 25 words or less on social justice ... no points off for spelling or grammar.

The year is now 2035 ... and the definition of "Mathlete" is anyone who can commit an armed robbery with one of these ...

sliderule-selfie1_wide-a48608afdd128346f8dd356057b5755439d90c54.jpg

Shortly after I started working for the Department of Defense (having been hired on the basis of a TEST), President Carter declared - with zero evidence - that the test was racist, under the fallacy of "disparate impact." He personally promised that the Office of Personnel Management would shortly prepare and publish a test that was formulated so that "whites" and colored people would pass in approximately the same percentages.

Still waiting.

"The article’s headline originally read "Is math racist?

the title was later changed to "Is math education racist?"

Sounds like "USA Today" engaged in some click bait as a form of advertising.

Worked on OP

The left is pretty much saying that blacks have lower intelligence and can't do math. So it is racist as it puts them in a disadvantage.

Otis must have an arthritic knee from all the times he keeps jerking it.
I mean if Otis would have looked at the link he, she or most likely it would have known it was FOX reporting on it.

As for Math being racist or being taught by racist teachers the fact is Math is easily learned if taught properly.

I do contend that some students will fail any subject because of the way we structure our educational system and some kids need different ways of learning…

BUT

Fact is Math is not racist nor is how it is taught but some need a reason to explain the failure of certain segments of society not learning a subject they will need all their life…

I mean if Otis would have looked at the link he, she or most likely it would have known it was FOX reporting on it.

As for Math being racist or being taught by racist teachers the fact is Math is easily learned if taught properly.

I do contend that some students will fail any subject because of the way we structure our educational system and some kids need different ways of learning…

BUT

Fact is Math is not racist nor is how it is taught but some need a reason to explain the failure of certain segments of society not learning a subject they will need all their life…
It says www.foxnews.com in the link....you don't even have to click on it.

Math is not racist see .. They are spelled differently so if they are different it must be caused by racism. I say quit teaching the kids who don't want to learn and focus on the ones who do.

The left is pretty much saying that blacks have lower intelligence and can't do math. So it is racist as it puts them in a disadvantage.
It is simply bullshit to say that blacks can’t handle math because they lack the intelligence.

When John Glenn was waiting to be fired into orbit aboard Friendship 7 in 1962, there was one person he trusted with the complex trajectory calculations required to bring him down safely from his orbital spaceflight: Katherine Johnson, an African-American mathematician who worked in Nasa’s segregated west area computers division.

“Get the girl, check the numbers,” Glenn said before boarding the rocket. “If she says they’re good, I’m good to go.”

Johnson was one of three female African-American mathematicians known as the “computers in skirts” who worked on the Redstone, Mercury and Apollo space programmes for Nasa. Now, thanks to an award-tipped movie, Johnson, Mary Jackson and Dorothy Vaughan are about to become more widely celebrated.

New Topics

Forum List

Back