Massive, Spinning Black Holes Could Be the Result of ‘Pac-Man-Like’ Mergers

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Scientists have reported detecting gravitational waves from 10 black hole mergers to date, but they are still trying to explain the origins of those mergers. The largest merger detected so far seems to have defied previous models because it has a higher spin and mass than the range thought possible. A group of researchers, including Rochester Institute of Technology Assistant Professor Richard O’Shaughnessy, has created simulations that could explain how the merger happened.

In a new paper published in Physical Review Letters published on November 1, 2019, the researchers suggest that such large mergers could happen just outside supermassive black holes at the center of active galactic nuclei. Gas, stars, dust and black holes become caught in a region surrounding supermassive black holes known as the accretion disk. The researchers suggest that as black holes circle around in the accretion disk, they eventually collide and merge to form a bigger black hole, which continues to devour smaller black holes, becoming increasingly large in what O’Shaughnessy calls “Pac-Man-like” behavior.

I love it.

I hate to disagree with others, but "trulily trulily", black holes do not exist.

The whole thing is a fake.

There is a sad story behind the invention of this beautiful imagination of black holes, but science rules and scientifically speaking there is not a single chance for that kind of body to exist.

You can enjoy those news about black holes as a good entertainment, because those don't belong to science by any means.

Scientists have reported detecting gravitational waves from 10 black hole mergers to date, but they are still trying to explain the origins of those mergers. The largest merger detected so far seems to have defied previous models because it has a higher spin and mass than the range thought possible. A group of researchers, including Rochester Institute of Technology Assistant Professor Richard O’Shaughnessy, has created simulations that could explain how the merger happened.

In a new paper published in Physical Review Letters published on November 1, 2019, the researchers suggest that such large mergers could happen just outside supermassive black holes at the center of active galactic nuclei. Gas, stars, dust and black holes become caught in a region surrounding supermassive black holes known as the accretion disk. The researchers suggest that as black holes circle around in the accretion disk, they eventually collide and merge to form a bigger black hole, which continues to devour smaller black holes, becoming increasingly large in what O’Shaughnessy calls “Pac-Man-like” behavior.

I love it.

Behold our future....

Jo

I hate to disagree with others, but "trulily trulily", black holes do not exist.

The whole thing is a fake.

There is a sad story behind the invention of this beautiful imagination of black holes, but science rules and scientifically speaking there is not a single chance for that kind of body to exist.

You can enjoy those news about black holes as a good entertainment, because those don't belong to science by any means.
Well that's all nonsense. Black holes have already been confirmed. Maybe you should head over to the religious section, where your nonsense belongs.

Well that's all nonsense. Black holes have already been confirmed. Maybe you should head over to the religious section, where your nonsense belongs.

I see.

By fact, the so called themselves as experts in relativity and black holes are in reality nothing but complete ignorant in physics.

This is a proven fact.

I guess believers in black holes must develop their arguments in a sci-fi forum.

I see.

By fact, the so called themselves as experts in relativity and black holes are in reality nothing but complete ignorant in physics.

This is a proven fact.

I guess believers in black holes must develop their arguments in a sci-fi forum.
Oh look, another sock puppet troll in the science section.

Forum List

Back