Massive mail delays hit the postal service as Donald Trump's new postmaster-General orders overtime ban

The U.S. Postal Service is experiencing days-long backlogs of mail, sparking fears the problem could continue into November and affect the election.

Additionally, an internal report from the postal service warned almost half the states are not providing adequate time for workers to deliver ballots ahead of the election.

Several states affected are battleground ones that could decide if Donald Trump or Joe Biden is the next president and it's big cities - which are hot beds of Democratic voters - that will likely be most affected.

Here we go
USPS needs to go. It is obsolete.

Everybody depends on the mail system. Tramp put his man in just in time for the general election, expect it to get even worst.
The Postmaster General of the USA is appointed by the Board of Governors of the United States Postal Service, not the President. I know that to be a fact. I was a letter carrier for 30 years.
33 for me.....were were you at?....
Westfield, NY is a small town on Lake Erie, near Buffalo, NY.
i was raised in Niagara Falls.....but carried mail in Anaheim Ca....i have been to Westfield when i was a kid a few times...
Before I met my wife, I used to visit friends who had moved from Westfield to San Bernardino, Ca. Do you Facebook? I would like to be your friend.

The U.S. Postal Service is experiencing days-long backlogs of mail, sparking fears the problem could continue into November and affect the election.

Additionally, an internal report from the postal service warned almost half the states are not providing adequate time for workers to deliver ballots ahead of the election.

Several states affected are battleground ones that could decide if Donald Trump or Joe Biden is the next president and it's big cities - which are hot beds of Democratic voters - that will likely be most affected.

Here we go

Everybody depends on the mail system. Tramp put his man in just in time for the general election, expect it to get even worst.
The Postmaster General of the USA is appointed by the Board of Governors of the United States Postal Service, not the President. I know that to be a fact. I was a letter carrier for 30 years.
33 for me.....were were you at?....
Westfield, NY is a small town on Lake Erie, near Buffalo, NY.
i was raised in Niagara Falls.....but carried mail in Anaheim Ca....i have been to Westfield when i was a kid a few times...
Before I met my wife, I used to visit friends who had moved from Westfield to San Bernardino, Ca. Do you Facebook? I would like to be your friend.
sorry dont do face book.....here is as bout as close as you can get....

Here we go

And guess who appoints 9 of those 11 members of the Board of Governors?

That's right, the president.

The Board of Governors of the United States Postal Service is an eleven-seat board comparable to a board of directors of a private corporation, except in service of the United States Postal Service. Nine members are appointed by the president of the United States, subject to confirmation by the Senate (and usually first deliberated in the Senate's Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs)[1]. The nine presidentially appointed governors choose the postmaster general, who also serves as a member of the board. These ten then choose a deputy postmaster general, who becomes the 11th member of the board. The postmaster general and deputy postmaster general serve at the pleasure of the governors.

Forum List

Back