Massive Blowback...is this REAL America/the Tea Party speaking ?

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
Originally A&E wanted Duck Dynasty to be just a bunch of rednecks that everybody could just laugh at.....typical of leftie media broadcasters...:rolleyes:

But it didn't turn out that way......Duck Dynasty turned the tables by becoming a VERY popular TV show that millions watch....maybe because the public can relate to them....?

Now it's believed that A&E 'set up' the rednecks at the interview where Robertson was asked about homosexuality......yes A&E was present at the interview and knew full well what was going on....it is believed that the A&E TV execs didn't care for the family's religious opinions and intended to take them down a peg or two....

However Phil Robertson isn't backing down......and the massive blowback from the public is blowing A&E away.....is this REAL America....the grassroots of the Tea Party speaking or what....? :cool:

The source continued, “It is our belief that they knew what was going to happen and then used the situation to exercise control over Phil. It is our understand that when the TV executives came up with the concept for the show they wanted it to be a case of people laughing at a bunch of backward rednecks. But when it didn’t turn out like that and people actually started identifying with the way the family behaved and were laughing with them, not at them, they became uncomfortable. It did not sit will with the New York TV types.”

The source also said that the family feels A&E was uncomfortable with the family’s “insistence that there would be a strong religious presence in the show. They knew Phil was the driving force behind this and we think they have used this situation to bring him in line so they could steer the show back down the path they originally intended for it.”

Other reports have stated that the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation held a call with A&E before its decision to suspend Robertson.

The blowback against A&E has been massive, with millions of people demonstrating support for Robertson, and commentators from both left and right condemning the network for its attempt to take Robertson off the air.

Report: 'Duck Dynasty' Family Believe A&E 'Hung [Them] Out to Dry'

Originally A&E wanted Duck Dynasty to be just a bunch of rednecks that everybody could just laugh at.....typical of leftie media broadcasters...:rolleyes:

But it didn't turn out that way......Duck Dynasty turned the tables by becoming a VERY popular TV show that millions watch....maybe because the public can relate to them....?

Now it's believed that A&E 'set up' the rednecks at the interview where Robertson was asked about homosexuality......yes A&E was present at the interview and knew full well what was going on....it is believed that the A&E TV execs didn't care for the family's religious opinions and intended to take them down a peg or two....

However Phil Robertson isn't backing down......and the massive blowback from the public is blowing A&E away.....is this REAL America....the grassroots of the Tea Party speaking or what....? :cool:

The source continued, “It is our belief that they knew what was going to happen and then used the situation to exercise control over Phil. It is our understand that when the TV executives came up with the concept for the show they wanted it to be a case of people laughing at a bunch of backward rednecks. But when it didn’t turn out like that and people actually started identifying with the way the family behaved and were laughing with them, not at them, they became uncomfortable. It did not sit will with the New York TV types.”

The source also said that the family feels A&E was uncomfortable with the family’s “insistence that there would be a strong religious presence in the show. They knew Phil was the driving force behind this and we think they have used this situation to bring him in line so they could steer the show back down the path they originally intended for it.”

Other reports have stated that the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation held a call with A&E before its decision to suspend Robertson.

The blowback against A&E has been massive, with millions of people demonstrating support for Robertson, and commentators from both left and right condemning the network for its attempt to take Robertson off the air.

Actually all this is, is people who have at least a lick of common sense telling someone when they fucked up.

Actually all this is, is people who have at least a lick of common sense telling someone when they fucked up.

who in your mind fucked up....?

A&E of course.

A&E of course.

sorry just clarifying.....i totally agree.....A&E blew it big time.....but idiot liberals underestimate real Americans all the time....i hope the family takes the show to another station....

do you see this blowback as coming from grassroots Tea Party types....?

A&E of course.

sorry just clarifying.....i totally agree.....A&E blew it big time.....but idiot liberals underestimate real Americans all the time....i hope the family takes the show to another station....

No. This blowback is coming from everywhere. Not just the Tea Party. Gays, Liberals, Conservatives... all of them.

A&E of course.

No. This blowback is coming from everywhere. Not just the Tea Party. Gays, Liberals, Conservatives... all of them.

but isn't 'everywhere' the very essence of the Tea Party......?

Real Americans include the very small portion of TeaPs and rednecks that make up America.

The far right is not nearly as important as it believes itself to be. And the blowback is the equivalent of a national fart, quickly ignored.

The Duck Dynasty Miracle will also pass.

Don't forget that A&E is part of the same company that includes USA. USA has their "Characters Unite Awards"

USA and its Multichannel Video Programming Distributor (MVPD) partners launched the Characters Unite Awards to honor extraordinary individuals who have made significant efforts to champion civil and human rights in their communities.

They strongly push the pro-gay agenda. They do not like traditional Christians at all.

I really think that Phil in his honest way that I know from every good Christian man in the south opened the door for many.

I've been a nugent kinda turn over table Christian since I came to Jehovah. I've never been able to wrap my brain around other Christians who say don't fight. Take what they throw at you. Turn the other cheek.

When I know damn well Christ is going to freaking rip this world apart when he returns and kick ass all over the place. HE is my warrior.

Now WE are speaking up.

Amen Phil. I'll roll with the DD's baby. I've never even seen them. But I know a man of the Word when I see one.

Don't forget that A&E is part of the same company that includes USA. USA has their "Characters Unite Awards"

USA and its Multichannel Video Programming Distributor (MVPD) partners launched the Characters Unite Awards to honor extraordinary individuals who have made significant efforts to champion civil and human rights in their communities.

They strongly push the pro-gay agenda. They do not like traditional Christians at all.

USA is owned by NBCUniversal.
A&E is owned by A&E Networks, which is owned by Hearst and Disney.

They are not part of the same company.

Real Americans include the very small portion of TeaPs and rednecks that make up America.

The far right is not nearly as important as it believes itself to be. And the blowback is the equivalent of a national fart, quickly ignored.

Here is where I respectfully beg to differ.

If you actually read what he said, he does not insult the gay community. He just honestly doesn't get a dude liking an asshole over a pussy.

Phil's being really honest here. He would never diss anyone. Remember. Love the sinner. Hate the sin. And it's in the BOOK. I struggle with it.

And hey I'm horrible. I try every day not to sin. So far I'm losing. But I'm trying. :eusa_angel:

If you actually read what he said, he does not insult the gay community. He just honestly doesn't get a dude liking an asshole over a pussy.

Phil's being really honest here. He would never diss anyone. Remember. Love the sinner. Hate the sin. And it's in the BOOK. I struggle with it.

And hey I'm horrible. I try every day not to sin. So far I'm losing. But I'm trying. :eusa_angel:

Thank you for your calm and reasoned response.

Phil has every right to say what he wants, A&E in its business relationship reserves the right to act as it desires.

The anti-gay haters to the far right are trying to blow this out of proportion and failing. And some of the left has been acting stupidly as well.

And, yes, my fellow sinner, who should any of us be judging?

Last edited:

everyday Americans feel that way......and they look at the two political parties and see all kinds of sin and abominations.....which is why the Tea Party is maybe showing them a new way to take our country....

USA is owned by NBCUniversal.
A&E is owned by A&E Networks, which is owned by Hearst and Disney.

They are not part of the same company.

I forgot that NBC sold their stake last year.

Duck Dynasty is an oddity the same way "The Beverly Hill Billies" was an oddity.

People love to watch the "fish out of water" stories.

But the majority aren't relating to them. They are laughing at them. :lol:

Duck Dynasty is an oddity the same way "The Beverly Hill Billies" was an oddity.

Speak for yourself.. You may be laughing at them, but a lot of people are laughing with them.

Thank you for your calm and reasoned response.

Phil has every right to say what he wants, A&E in its business relationship reserves the right to act as it desires.

The anti-gay haters to the far right are trying to blow this out of proportion and failing. And some of the left has been acting stupidly as well.

And, yes, my fellow sinner, who should any of us be judging?

Well we can judge on the biggies :lol: the no brainers you stabbed your mother? You put your dad thru a wood chipper? yeah that kind of judging.

Here we are witnessing bigotry at its finest on both sides. I have to tell you, I'm shocked at the knee jerk like coming at you (not you personally)from both sides. Hell's bells still shocked. Last night I lost it when some poster I respect started to call Robertson a racist, a homophobe and other names.

I couldn't believe it. So I lost it. Whoopsies. Just adding fuel to the fire. I came back in and deleted. I was wrong.

BUT I knee jerked. I screwed up.

We all screw up and would be better off if we would judge ourselves by our own actions instead of our intents.

Ruh roh. Not this one.

They are self made millionaires. Do you remember our fave dude over at Hannity? Johnrocks man.

Out of West Monroe.

Me? All my trips to the south to get my Catahoulas? This is no oddity. This is real life real time. Now I prefered Great Smoky Knife Works.

You come many a mile. You really do stop in.

New Topics

Forum List

Back