Massachusetts-summer vs. winter

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
this is May.

2006spring%20012.jpg

This is December, with almost the same shot view of the house across the street.

Dec30%5E28.jpg

the ONLY reason any of us up here tolerates the snowy winters is because of how wonderful the weather is up here and how beautiful it is up here in New England in Spring, Fall, and Summer...

USCit,

the first pic was taken from the side steps/sidewalk... going up to the front door which would be on the right, the second picture was taken through the front Storm Door, which is beyond those threes you see in the first pic on the left..

Dam, I have lived outside of the US so long I had no clue they moved Massachusetts to Maine.

Beautiful house.

You would have to be a gazillionaire to buy that here in Western Australia.

Here is the front of the house...see how those flowers are to the right, only facing them from a different view than the first pic, see where the trees are and see where the front door is?

If you were standing inside my front door looking out, the cranerry colored house was across the street to the right.

Sping.jpg

Dam, I have lived outside of the US so long I had no clue they moved Massachusetts to Maine.

Beautiful house.

You would have to be a gazillionaire to buy that here in Western Australia.

Yes, the people across the street had a beautiful house! It was small the first few years they lived there...just the part of the house to the right, the single car garage was in the basement, approached from the side... then my neighbor and his wife and some of their friends built the mudroom section and garage upstairs master addition ALL BY THEMSELVES....he worked a full time job in boston, and would drive the hour and get home and pound away hammering nails till the wee hours in the morning, for 8 MONTHS until they finished it....But they DID IT!

they bought their house for about $165k in 1990...the addition was added in 2000....it is probably worth less than $400k in this slow market, but with the additions....NOT A MILLION BUCKS!

Oh, Frogden...we sold this house, took the money from it to pay off the mortgage and we bought ourselves a smaller little Cape Cod Cottage in Maine with it...on an acre and a half.

My garden and yard is still crap and it has been 3 years, I have only gotten to plant one set of tulips, all the other bushes I planted like azaleas and boxwood bushes have ALL DIED over the past 2 winters here...i have a rock driveway and a dirt/gravel road leading up to it, not a paved road...or paved driveway, so dust galore! no side walk to the front door, thow I did manage to lay some brick pads...

TRUST ME, matt and I have nothing of what we did have....this place is smaller, needs alot of work, but still a diamond in the rough...and we have no mortgage now, so that makes this smaller place, even better, even with its faults!

Forum List

Back