Massachusetts Has Highest Health Care Costs in the U.S.

America needs to find a way to become competitive with the cost of healthcare and it's obvious that Romneycare and Obamacare don't cut the mustard. Plus I hate the mandated part.
Obamacare does address one of the causes of the the high cost. But it doesn't go far enough. It addresses the over usage of defensive medicine, but it's weak..
From what I've read the best method to attack America's super high cost is through public option. Unlike single payer, it keeps the insurance companies around. They just have to be more competitive with their pricing to survive. But the provides are the main folks who drive up the costs. I guess it depends where the providers are located and what the cost of doing business is in their geographic area.
Most countries set price limits on providers, that also helps. That explains a lot to why America's cost are so much higher for healthcare and prescription drugs. But then all countries who negotiate costs have socialized medicine too and that goes against grain for most Americans.
We can toughen up malpractice suits but is the healthcare industry willing to give up the hugely profitable practice of defensive medicine?
What to do, what to do.
Economists tell us that America's economy cannot sustained the continued rises of healthcare as it is eating up our economy.
It seems there are no easy answers.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back