Mass shooting: $25 million to the families of Parkland victims

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2021
The families of 52 people killed, injured or traumatized in the shooting at a Florida high school have reached a $25 million settlement with the Broward County school district.

The agreement comes more than three and a half years after a former student walked onto the campus of the school in Parkland, Fla., and shot 34 people, killing 17 and wounding 17 others.

Why is the school culpable?

How are they going to stop a student from walking onto the school grounds and shooting 34 people?

The families of 52 people killed, injured or traumatized in the shooting at a Florida high school have reached a $25 million settlement with the Broward County school district.

The agreement comes more than three and a half years after a former student walked onto the campus of the school in Parkland, Fla., and shot 34 people, killing 17 and wounding 17 others.

How are they going to stop a student from walking onto the school grounds and shooting 34 people?

My daughter is a conceal carry teacher. If just one of the teachers had a weapon, the perp Cruz would of been stopped. But instead....

when-seconds-count-the-police-are-only-minutes-away-n.jpg

I suggest you peer a little deeper into the actions of the school's administration, and the county, relating to their treatment of the killer, and protecting that killer before you sprint to their defense, the payout is woefully low, it should have been in the $100-million range...

I suggest you peer a little deeper into the actions of the school's administration, and the county, relating to their treatment of the killer, and protecting that killer before you sprint to their defense, the payout is woefully low, it should have been in the $100-million range...
Of course it is no money out of the individuals pockets but will be surcharged to the paying tax citizen, who will pick up the tab....

I wondered the same thing.

I also don't want a bunch of money for the death of my loved one, in this way.

Who's to say what the lives of victims are worth?

I suggest you acquaint yourself with the facts of the case. The GOVERNMENT more than screwed up in this case. They are very much responsible for allowing a KNOWN violent and mentally unstable kid to be walking free. It was the school districts policy that kept this loon out of jail on multiple occasions.

Why do tax payers owe these people money?

Sadly, that is the only route they have. Far better would be for the school administrators who kept this loon out of jail to be in prison, but that is sadly not an option.

I suggest you acquaint yourself with the facts of the case. The GOVERNMENT more than screwed up in this case. They are very much responsible for allowing a KNOWN violent and mentally unstable kid to be walking free. It was the school districts policy that kept this loon out of jail on multiple occasions.

Do you have a link or am I supposed to take your word for it?

Take the money from Officer Friendly’s retirement pay

The cowardly bastard does not deserve a penny

At my wife's high school, they had air port type security check in with the metal detectors, officers with wands, the whole 9 yards.

I guess that would've stopped the nutt.

Florida law caps payouts at $300K without legislative approval. Apparently they have found a work around for that as far as the families of the killed. No clue how they did that unless each parent got an award. One claim has not been settled yet but is expected to be for a student whose injuries from multiple shots were substantial and will require life-long care.

Forum List

Back