Masks Don't Work

Why do surgeons use masks when performing surgery?

Are we all out performing surgery?

The reason for that by the way, is mainly to protect themselves from blood and other fluids squirting out of the body.

Really? Then explain why paramedics who come to your house are wearing them also. My room mate died from a heart attack, no blood, no body fluids were present when she died, yet they were still wearing masks when they came to the house.

Jesus ...still with this stupid shit?

Just wear your fucking mask Karen and shut the fuck up

So, you're incapable of answering his question with data?

I'm not in the anti-mask camp, but I'm not completely sold on their effectiveness against COVID. I'm quite skeptical. California has had a mask mandate since almost the beginning. Why are they now having the worst results in the country if masking is effective? New York is another great example. Yet, states with laxer mask requirements are doing better.

The reason for that by the way, is mainly to protect themselves from blood and other fluids squirting out of the body.

Really? Then explain why paramedics who come to your house are wearing them also.

Not all of them do. It's all local.

Sounds like bullshit to me. Every news story that I have seen where paramedics are shown are wearing masks. Are you saying that Amarillo (Trump country btw) is a local incident for wearing masks?

Jesus ...still with this stupid shit?

Just wear your fucking mask Karen and shut the fuck up

So, you're incapable of answering his question with data?

I'm not in the anti-mask camp, but I'm not completely sold on their effectiveness against COVID. I'm quite skeptical. California has had a mask mandate since almost the beginning. Why are they now having the worst results in the country if masking is effective? New York is another great example. Yet, states with laxer mask requirements are doing better.
Same for me. I wear them because I dont want to make life for the employees of a business hard.

My point is that THIS was a perfect test for the effectiveness of a mask.

MASKS MAKE NO APPRECIABLE DIFFERENCE.

They simply arent the solution the left thinks they are.

They also provide a false sense of security and maybe THAT is why covid cases continue

I'm quite skeptical. California has had a mask mandate since almost the beginning. Why are they now having the worst results in the country if masking is effective?

By what metric is California having the worst results in the country?

The government's

Really? Then explain why paramedics who come to your house are wearing them also.

Not all of them do. It's all local.

Sounds like bullshit to me. Every news story that I have seen where paramedics are shown are wearing masks. Are you saying that Amarillo (Trump country btw) is a local incident for wearing masks?

Sure, they are today, Twatley. Just about everyone is. But when we don't have a once in a hundred year plague rampaging across the planet paramedics typically don't wear masks, at least not where I live.

I'm quite skeptical. California has had a mask mandate since almost the beginning. Why are they now having the worst results in the country if masking is effective?

The government's

There's a pay wall.

California is currently 39th in death rate.

I've been tracking how the death rates have been moving and California has been among the lowest.

The government's

There's a pay wall.

I've been tracking how the death rates have been moving and California has been among the lowest.

Even my dental hygienist is masked. Always has been.

Hell, the doc who delivered me was masked too. But I understand we're all pretending this is a new thing now.
They weren't masked because of viruses, they were masked to control bacteria. Bacteria has been a problem in medical facilities for decades. Bacteria is a thousand times bigger than viruses, and masks were implemented specifically to control bacteria spread.

For those who actually believe that masks do anything whatsoever.

Dr. Fauci Masks don’t work.

###

Europe's Top Health Officials Say Masks Aren't Helpful in Beating COVID-19
The top medical experts in the world can’t decide if masks are helpful in reducing the spread of COVID-19 or just make things worse.
Thursday, August 6, 2020

Denmark boasts one of the lowest COVID-19 death rates in the world. As of August 4, the Danes have suffered 616 COVID-19 deaths, according to figures from Johns Hopkins University.

That’s less than one-third of the number of Danes who die from pneumonia or influenza in a given year.

Despite this success, Danish leaders recently found themselves on the defensive. The reason is that Danes aren’t wearing face masks, and local authorities for the most part aren’t even recommending them.

###

CDC Study Finds Overwhelming Majority Of People Getting Coronavirus Wore Masks
OCTOBER 12, 2020 By Jordan Davidson

A Centers for Disease Control report released in September shows that masks and face coverings are not effective in preventing the spread of COVID-19, even for those people who consistently wear them.

A study conducted in the United States in July found that when they compared 154 “case-patients,” who tested positive for COVID-19, to a control group of 160 participants from health care facilities who were symptomatic but tested negative, over 70 percent of the case-patients were contaminated with the virus and fell ill despite “always” wearing a mask.

###

Difference between a virus and bacteria.

The government's

There's a pay wall.

Got it, thank you.

I've been tracking death rate changes in approximately 3-week intervals and California has been among the best recently.

The statistic you're using tracks 1-week infection rate. They currently rank 33rd in infection rate overall and the worst in infection rate over the last 7 days.

I can't argue with the facts you provided, but it does seem like a volatile metric to go by. The article claims that they had a case rate of 100.5 over the last 7 days but the current map shows them at 90.5. It could be possible that they just had an especially bad few days that skewed that number as we're already seeing a big (but still bad) drop off.

I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for the info.

Forum List

Back