CDZ Masks Are a Ticking Time Bomb | Mercola.com

Found an article on Mercola.com today with the title of this thread, seemed to be pretty persuasive. If anyone here disagrees with the article's assessment, would like to hear why. Quoting the "Story at a glance" portion of the article. If desired by a commenter, I can look for evidence within the article for a given point to discuss it further.

STORY AT-A-GLANCE
  • It’s estimated that 129 billion face masks are used worldwide each month, which works out to about 3 million masks a minute
  • Not only are masks not being recycled, but their materials make them likely to persist and accumulate in the environment
  • Because masks may be directly made from microsized plastic fibers with a thickness of 1 mm to 10 mm, they may release microsized particles into the environment more readily — and faster — than larger plastic items, like plastic bags
  • Microbes from your mouth, known as oral commensals, frequently enter your lungs, where they’ve been linked to advanced stage lung cancer; wearing a mask could potentially accelerate this process
  • The “new normal” of widespread masking is affecting not only the environment but also the mental and physical health of humans

Full article available upon creation of a free account here:
Spreading wuhan? You bet

Always amusing to see the obedient Trumpsters accuse others of being sheep on this issue.

Fortunately, a majority of the country knows to trust science over the word of a flamboyant carnival barker.
What science? You think masks work, post the study that they prevent a virus! I’ll wait. Got five you can’t

I've been using the same paper mask for about three weeks ... :auiqs.jpg:

Once every day or so for 5-15 minutes, depending on the errands.

It's no more than a show disguise, like plastic Groucho glasses.

I use washable cloth masks. Pretty sure they're cotton, which is my favourite. There are risks when it comes to the plastic ones, as the article makes clear:
Another issue that’s rarely talked about is the fact that when you wear a mask, tiny microfibers are released, which can cause health problems when inhaled. The risk is increased when masks are reused. This hazard was highlighted in a performance study to be published in the June 2021 issue of Journal of Hazardous Materials.16

Researchers from Xi’an Jiaotong University also said scientists, manufacturers and regulators need to assess the inhalation of microplastic and nanoplastic debris shed from masks — both disposable and cloth — noting:17

“… [C]omplaints of throat irritation or discomfort in the respiratory tract by children, the elderly, or other sensitive individuals after wearing these may be alerting signs of excessive amounts of respirable debris inhaled from self-made masks and respirators.”
In the featured study researchers also called on the environmental research community to “move fast to understand and mitigate these risks,” suggesting that reusable cloth masks be promoted in lieu of disposable options and that mask-only trash cans be set up to assist in proper disposal.18 However, another option would be to loosen or eliminate mask mandates, which may turn out to cause more harm than good.
Also breathing in CO2

So many look so much better wearing masks, it should become a permanent requirement. Lady Bird Johnson would approve; she was active in Beautifying America.

Guess the majority of the medical profession that were wearing masks around infected people before this virus, and are now requiring that you wear a mask in ALL hospitals & related buildings. Are just wrong, internet posters know more about this virus than those with medical degrees and years of experience in the field.

Hardly the same thing. Mask efficacy in the medical field is not under dispute. Wearing a mask in known concentrated infectious zone is a no-brainer. Even dentists wear ASTM level 2 or 3 masks when performing procedures. The current use of cotton masks by the public is generally where the problems start. Masks used by medical personnel are quite different - multi-layer, spun and non-spun fibers - each there for a purpose. Cotton masks are just catch-all, warm, wet breeding surfaces - a petri dish on your face, so to speak.

And most people pull them up and down and off - destroying any isolation from the outside surface to the vulnerable mouth, nose and eye openings. All in all, it's been pretty much a stupid exercise. One doesn't have to have a medical degree to see this - only an understanding of how the virus spreads. As with most flus in the past, most people contract the virus by putting their fingers in their nose or by wiping that bit of crusty stuff from the corner of their eye. As in the past, thorough handwashing is one of the most effective ways to slow the spread. And that little dab of hand sanitizer that you rubbed quickly between your palms - useless.

Found an article on Mercola.com today with the title of this thread, seemed to be pretty persuasive. If anyone here disagrees with the article's assessment, would like to hear why. Quoting the "Story at a glance" portion of the article. If desired by a commenter, I can look for evidence within the article for a given point to discuss it further.

STORY AT-A-GLANCE
  • It’s estimated that 129 billion face masks are used worldwide each month, which works out to about 3 million masks a minute
  • Not only are masks not being recycled, but their materials make them likely to persist and accumulate in the environment
  • Because masks may be directly made from microsized plastic fibers with a thickness of 1 mm to 10 mm, they may release microsized particles into the environment more readily — and faster — than larger plastic items, like plastic bags
  • Microbes from your mouth, known as oral commensals, frequently enter your lungs, where they’ve been linked to advanced stage lung cancer; wearing a mask could potentially accelerate this process
  • The “new normal” of widespread masking is affecting not only the environment but also the mental and physical health of humans

Great article, here is some more information on the masks:

FACE MASKS DO NOT PREVENT SPREAD OF AIRBORNE PATHOGENS

Numerous randomized control trials (RCTs) analyzed the efficacy of masks in preventing the spread of an aerosol pathogen.

Below is a partial list of such trials found in professionally-reviewed literature, published by the following internationally-recognized organizations. I encourage you to click on any of the links to learn more:

A cluster randomised trial of cloth masks compared with medical masks in healthcare workers

Facemasks and similar barriers to prevent respiratory illness such as COVID-19: A rapid systematic review

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372

Effectiveness of N95 respirators versus surgical masks in protecting health care workers from acute respiratory infection: a systematic review and meta-analysis

DEFINE_ME

Nonpharmaceutical Measures for Pandemic Influenza in Nonhealthcare Settings—Personal Protective and Environmental Measures

Use of surgical face masks to reduce the incidence of the common cold among health care workers in Japan: a randomized controlled trial - PubMed

ACP Journals

9 Potential and Proven Dangers to Muzzling Yourself

1. Cavities: New York dentists are reporting that half their patients are suffering decaying teeth, receding gum lines and seriously sour breath from wearing masks. “We’re seeing inflammation in people’s gums that have been healthy forever, and cavities in people who have never had them before,” Dr. Rob Ramondi told FOX News.
'Mask mouth': Dentists coin new term for smelly side effect of wearing a mask

2. Facial Deformities: Masking children triggers mouth breathing which as been shown to cause “long, narrow faces, narrow mouths, high palatal vaults, dental malocclusion, gummy smiles, and many other unattractive facial features,” according to the Journal of General Dentistry.

Mouth breathing: adverse effects on facial growth, health, academics, and behavior - PubMed

3. Acne Vulgaris: Moisture and germs collecting in the mask cause “facial skin lesions, irritant dermatitis… or worsening acne” (according to Public Health Ontario) which stresses the immune system, can lead to permanent scarring and has been linked to depression and suicidal thoughts (according to the Journal of Dermatologic Clinics). Children also develop impetigo, a bacterial infection that produces red sores and can lead to kidney damage (according to the Mayo Clinic).
Mouth breathing: adverse effects on facial growth, health, academics, and behavior - PubMed
Quality of life measures for acne patients - PubMed
Impetigo - Symptoms and causes

4. Increased Risk of COVID-19: “Mask use by the general public could be associated with a theoretical elevated risk of COVID-19 through… self-contamination,” states Public Health Ontario in Wearing Masks in Public and COVID-19. “By wearing a mask, the exhaled viruses will not be able to escape and will concentrate in the nasal passages, enter the olfactory nerves and travel into the brain,” theorizes nationally recognized board-certified neurosurgeon, Dr. Russell Blaylock, MD (in an article at The Centre for Research on Globalization).

https://www.publichealthontario.ca/...hat-we-know-public-masks-apr-7-2020.pdf?la=en

Face Masks Pose Serious Risks to the Healthy - Global Research

5. Bacterial Pneumonia: At an Oklahoma Press Conference, Dr. James Meehan, MD testified: “Reports coming from my colleagues all over the world are suggesting that the bacterial pneumonias are on the rise” as a result of moisture collecting in face masks.

6. Immune Suppressing: Masks are often worn by criminals trying to hide their identity while perpetuating an offence (theft, violence, rape, murder, etc.). They produce subconscious anxiety and fear. Fear and anxiety activate the fight-or-flight nervous system which down-regulates the immune system, as shown in a study by the American Psychological Association.

APA PsycNet

7. Germophobia: Masks create an irrational fear of germs and a false sense of protection from disease, leading to antisocial (or even hostile) behaviour towards those not wearing a mask. (See the paper in the Journal of Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders titled “COVID-19, obsessive-compulsive disorder and invisible life forms that threaten the self”).

COVID-19, obsessive-compulsive disorder and invisible life forms that threaten the self

8. Toxic: Many (if not most) masks and face coverings (including cloth) are made with toxic and carcinogenic chemicals including fire retardant, fibreglass, lead, NFE, phthalates, polyfluorinated chemicals and formaldehyde that will outgas and be inhaled by the wearer. (See “5 main hazardous chemicals in clothing from China named” by Fashion United).

5 main hazardous chemicals in clothing from China named

9. Psychologically Harmful: “I believe the real threat right now is what we’re doing to sabotage the mental, emotional and physical health of… our children, whose development is dependent on social interactions, physical contact and facial expressions,” writes Dr. Joseph Mercola of Mercola.com. “Between mask wearing and social distancing, I fear the impact on children in particular may be long-term, if not permanent.”

How Would You Prefer to Spend Your Last Thanksgiving?

Agreed, there is ZERO evidence that masks prevents transmission.

Always amusing to see the obedient Trumpsters accuse others of being sheep on this issue.

Fortunately, a majority of the country knows to trust science over the word of a flamboyant carnival barker.
What science? You think masks work, post the study that they prevent a virus! I’ll wait. Got five you can’t
You live your life your way and I'll do it my way. You cannot prove that masks do not prevent the spread. I'll just stick with the medical profession that all wear them.

You live your life your way and I'll do it my way. You cannot prove that masks do not prevent the spread. I'll just stick with the medical profession that all wear them.
Why did fauci say wear two then?

Ummm the medical profession wears them. Good enough for me.

M

STORY AT-A-GLANCE

Definitely agree on the waste. Medical professionals would have died decades ago if this were true on wearing them.
Medical personel throw them out after a single use, so the materials never get to the point of breaking down the way they do with civilians who wear them over and over again.

The war on mask's. why do you care so much about people who want to protect them self's and their employee's?

Found an article on Mercola.com…

17697288991747.5de7554942994.gif

One morning a guy looked our his window and saw a gorilla in his tree in the yard. Not knowing what to do he began calling pest control companies. After many tries he reached a guy who said he could remove the gorilla from his yard.

So the pest control guy comes out, and with him he brings a baseball bat, a pair of handcuffs, a chihuahua, and a shotgun. The homeowner asked him, "how are you going to get the gorilla with this stuff?"

The pest control guy says, "OK, this chihuahua is specially trained to bite the genitals of anyone that jumps in front of him. I'm going to climb the tree with the baseball bat, I'll hit the fingers of the gorilla. He will fall out of the tree in front of the chihuahua. The chihuahua will bite the genitals of the gorilla. The gorilla will cover his genitals with his hands. You will slap the handcuffs on the gorilla's wrists and we'll take him away!"

The homeowner said, "What's the shotgun for?" The pest control guy replied, "If I fall out of the tree first, shoot the flippin chihuahua!"

Forum List

Back