Mary, The Mother of Jesus

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
Easter Island (USA)
Since I think it's better to call her the mother of Jesus than the mother of God because God Himself doesn't have any mother. Anyways, I realize that there are mixed responses to whether the fact that Mary had a choice of whether or not she would give birth to Jesus, but since God gives us all free will for everything else, I believe that He made sure He had her consent first. Anyways, I just found out tonight that Joseph and Mary were actually cousins. Is that true?

I though Joseph was from out of town. I'd say no, false news.

Jews to this day may marry even first cousins. It doesn't happen often but it is certainly allowed.

I just found out tonight that Joseph and Mary were actually cousins. Is that true?

Why are you asking us?

If you don't know when you found that out, how would any of the rest of us know?

For all we know, you may have found out ten or twenty years ago. You say you just found that out tonight, but only you would know if that is true.

Why are you asking us?

If you don't know when you found that out, how would any of the rest of us know?

For all we know, you may have found out ten or twenty years ago. You say you just found that out tonight, but only you would know if that is true.
It's the SEE ME syndrome again.

The Dupont family was noted for its marriages of cousins; probably kept both ownership and management of their business interests in the family, same as aristocrats did for thousands of years. While they had some mental illnesses in the family it apparently wasn't congenital.

Since I think it's better to call her the mother of Jesus than the mother of God because God Himself doesn't have any mother.
Keep in mind the history of "Mother of God." It was the response to those who insisted Jesus was not one with God. Still, since we are past those times, "Mother of Jesus" does seem more precise, even more comfortable for many, than "Mother of God."

Jews to this day may marry even first cousins. It doesn't happen often but it is certainly allowed.

Yeah, well doesn't the Bible say something about no incest though? Maybe that wasn't looked at as incest.

Keep in mind the history of "Mother of God." It was the response to those who insisted Jesus was not one with God. Still, since we are past those times, "Mother of Jesus" does seem more precise, even more comfortable for many, than "Mother of God."

Yeah, I didn't mean that Jesus wasn't one with God, I just meant God the spirit doesn't have a mother. I think you already knew what I meant though. :)

Yeah, I didn't mean that Jesus wasn't one with God, I just meant God the spirit doesn't have a mother. I think you already knew what I meant though.
Yup. I knew you knew that part of it; wasn't sure if you knew the history behind the phraseology of "Mother of God" and why it was so important at the time.

Yeah, well doesn't the Bible say something about no incest though? Maybe that wasn't looked at as incest.

Yeah, I didn't mean that Jesus wasn't one with God, I just meant God the spirit doesn't have a mother. I think you already knew what I meant though. :)
Jews predate the Bible by several thousand years. Jews have not been known as Bible followers.

Jews have been the subject of persecutions and murders throughout their existence as a people. Due to small numbers marrying cousins was accepted.

Since I think it's better to call her the mother of Jesus than the mother of God because God Himself doesn't have any mother. Anyways, I realize that there are mixed responses to whether the fact that Mary had a choice of whether or not she would give birth to Jesus, but since God gives us all free will for everything else, I believe that He made sure He had her consent first. Anyways, I just found out tonight that Joseph and Mary were actually cousins. Is that true?

Somewhere along the line we are all related. Every seed originated with Adam and Eve. I never heard they were cousins.
You are correct God had no mother. The religion that came out of Rome has many false teachings.

New Topics

Forum List

Back