Mary Laur

maryflaur

Rookie
Sep 22, 2011
When did Medicare and Social Security become "entitlements?" We have paid for these most of our adult lives.

By being under funded and misapplied.

Medicare maybe but Social Security has worked very well.

There are People drawing from Social Security that have put either nothing or little into it. We have an Illegal Immigration Problem.

But Social security does have a surplus and will be fine until 2037 and maybe longer if the economy improves. But if there are illegal immigrants are getting SS that is a crime and should be stopped.

There are People drawing from Social Security that have put either nothing or little into it. We have an Illegal Immigration Problem.

But Social security does have a surplus and will be fine until 2037 and maybe longer if the economy improves. But if there are illegal immigrants are getting SS that is a crime and should be stopped.

From MSNBC:

WASHINGTON (AP) - Laid-off workers and aging baby boomers are flooding Social Security's disability program with benefit claims, pushing the financially strapped system toward the brink of insolvency.

Applications are up nearly 50 percent over a decade ago as people with disabilities lose their jobs and can't find new ones in an economy that has shed nearly 7 million jobs.

The stampede for benefits is adding to a growing backlog of applicants — many wait two years or more before their cases are resolved — and worsening the financial problems of a program that's been running in the red for years.

New congressional estimates say the trust fund that supports Social Security disability will run out of money by 2017, leaving the program unable to pay full benefits, unless Congress acts. About two decades later, Social Security's much larger retirement fund is projected to run dry as well.

Social Security disability on verge of insolvency: Associated Press - MSN Money

Do you know how many of their children are getting SS benefits? Neither parent has paid into the system but the kids get the money.

CaféAuLait;4177828 said:

From MSNBC:

WASHINGTON (AP) - Laid-off workers and aging baby boomers are flooding Social Security's disability program with benefit claims, pushing the financially strapped system toward the brink of insolvency.

Applications are up nearly 50 percent over a decade ago as people with disabilities lose their jobs and can't find new ones in an economy that has shed nearly 7 million jobs.

The stampede for benefits is adding to a growing backlog of applicants — many wait two years or more before their cases are resolved — and worsening the financial problems of a program that's been running in the red for years.

New congressional estimates say the trust fund that supports Social Security disability will run out of money by 2017, leaving the program unable to pay full benefits, unless Congress acts. About two decades later, Social Security's much larger retirement fund is projected to run dry as well.

Social Security disability on verge of insolvency: Associated Press - MSN Money

I'n not sure about SS disability but 2 decades later is 2037.
but here is the 2011 report fron the SSA:

Trustees Report Summary

CaféAuLait;4177839 said:

Do you know how many of their children are getting SS benefits? Neither parent has paid into the system but the kids get the money.

no I don't.I don't see how they could get benefits without documentation.

CaféAuLait;4177839 said:

They get Documentation by being born here.

CaféAuLait;4177839 said:

They get Documentation by being born here.

Didn't know, I thought SS was just for disabled and the the elderly.

Forum List

Back