Martin Luther King: The Angry Asian??...

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
Chinese sculptor Lei Yixin is the creator of the monumental tribute to Martin Luther King and many are very unhappy with his finished product. The statue portrays Martin Luther King in a very angry Asian/Mao Tse Tung-like pose and facial expression. Obviously Mr. Yixin is a big fan of Mao Tse Tung and Marxism. He was clearly the wrong choice to create this memorial tribute. The statue does not capture the true essence of Martin Luther King in any way. It's very sad.

King%20Monument.jpg

Last edited:
Seriously,this statue is an awful embarrassment. Martin Luther King was not a bitter angry man. This statue represents everything the man wasn't about. It's shameful.

Makes you almost shed a tear over how this statue insults the man and his life's work. Peace,Love,and Unity. That was what Martin Luther King was all about. He was not an angry Mao-like Revolutionary zealot. Mr. Obama,tear this statue down.

Last edited:
Makes you almost shed a tear over how this statue insults the man and his life's work. Peace,Love,and Unity. That was what Martin Luther King was all about. He was not an angry Mao-like Revolutionary zealot. Mr. Obama,tear down this statue.
you are right !!!the statue does look like he is angry!!

Statue is an embarrasment. If MLK was alive, his reaction would be, "Yikes, my likeness was outsourced!".

Yes it was outsourced and the Chinese Artist tried to present him as an angry Mao-like Revolutionary zealot. He of course wasn't about that at all. He preached Peace,Love,and Unity. This statue should be ordered torn down immediately. It's a sad disgrace.

I generally like the statue and the way it emerges from a mountain of stone. I just think that MLK looks pissed off

I generally like the statue and the way it emerges from a mountain of stone. I just think that MLK looks pissed off

Yea Yixin is obviously a big Mao Tse Tung fan and tried to present King as an angry Revolutionary. But King was not about that. He was all about peace & unity. This statue sends all the wrong signals about Martin Luther King's life. He was not an angry & bitter man.

The scowl, combined with the crossed arms also makes him look like he's standing in judgement.

Again, not at all what he was about.

We need a James Earl Ray statue opposite of him at the memorial. Then it would explain the angry look on Kings face.

We need a James Earl Ray statue opposite of him at the memorial. Then it would explain the angry look on Kings face.

When is Sarah Palin going to get her statue on the mall?

sarah-of-liberty.jpg

Last edited:
Chinese sculptor Lei Yixin is the creator of the monumental tribute to Martin Luther King and many are very unhappy with his finished product. The statue portrays Martin Luther King in a very angry Asian/Mao Tse Tung-like pose and facial expression. Obviously Mr. Yixin is a big fan of Mao Tse Tung and Marxism. He was clearly the wrong choice to create this memorial tribute. The statue does not capture the true essence of Martin Luther King in any way. It's very sad.

King%20Monument.jpg

This statue is an absolute disgrace, makes me want to vomit.

Forum List

Back