Marshawn Lynch and Mandatory Media Appearances

pillars

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2014
UNC
The Truth About Why Marshawn Lynch Doesn 8217 t Like Speaking To The Media The Source

I’ve never seen anybody win the game in the media. But at the same time, I understand what it could do for you, if you wanted to be someone who talks a lot. But that’s not me. And I’m not as comfortable, especially at the position I play, making it about me. As a running back, it takes five offensive linemen, a tight end, a fullback and possibly two wide receivers, in order to make my job successful. But when I do interviews, most of the time it’ll come back to me. There are only so many times I can say, ‘I owe it to my offensive linemen,’ or, ‘The credit should go to my teammates,’ before it becomes run down. his goes back even to Pop Warner. You’d have a good game and they’d want you to give a couple of quotes for the newspaper, and I would let my other teammates be the ones to talk. That’s how it was in high school, too. At Cal, I’d have my cousin, Robert Jordan, and Justin Forsett do it. Football’s just always been hella fun to me, not expressing myself in the media. I don’t do it to get attention; I just do it ’cause I love that (expletive).

Love this dude. Love how real he is. Love how he won't dance like a monkey on command for the NFL or the media. Love that he's drawn a line in the sand and refuses to do anything but play the game on the field. Love that he doesn't feel obligated to play the media/PR game:

Love him or hate him, Beast Mode is a force to be reckoned with.

Poll Who is winning the battle of mandatory media appearances Seahawks Blog Seattle Times

Last edited:
Probably assumed the pass was incomplete. Had he batted it away, we would have missed the brawl.

They would have used that play to show why you never give up on a play till its over. Be two feet away ready to drill the guy not jumping over him.

We criticize and have no idea how fast things are happening.

Wonder how Seattle will respond to this. Will they be just as good next yr or will they break up?

They came so close. What are the chances they'll go back a third time? Its the Lion's turn next yr

This worked out well for Lynch, now he won't have to turn down the media or the Visit to the White House.

Lynch and his fans must be relieved.

This worked out well for Lynch, now he won't have to turn down the media or the Visit to the White House.

Lynch and his fans must be relieved.

I'd rather have the nation rooting for me. Call it positive karma. Its hard to root for him if you don't live in Seattle.

I can see it now. Lions/Dolphins for the Championship. Right.
Why is it so impossible damn it! Had we just beat green bay the last game of the season or had green bay lost 1 more fucking game we would have gotten the bi. Maybe cowboys and green bay would have beat the hell out of each other to give us a chance.

But then we would have to beat new england and then Seattle in the Superbowl. OK now I see why you mock me.

Maybe one day. Its only 3,wins to be champs if you get the bi.

I love he doesnt have to be bothered after this game or about the White House.

He can say he doesn't care like when lebron was a dick after he lost to Dallas in the finals but we know a Superbowl is one thing they do care about.

Next yr lynch has a reason to be a dick angry or have a chip on his shoulder. Don't get why a defending Superbowl champ was angry or rude but now...

I can go back and tell you how easy it would have been for the Dolphins too if I had a pocket full of if's.

Did the dolfins make the playoffs this year? The lions did. We just gotta keep andomikin sue and get better offensive line to protect Stafford.

Oh and Seattle! Thanks for giving us golden Tate. He might have helped today. The lions wouldn't have made the playoofs without him.

I don't think Lynch was angry or rude, I think he just didn't want to be interviewed repeatedly by the media because there is no win in it for most payers. The interviewers are looking for the player to trip up or say something they can blow into a controversy. For the players, keeping your mouth shut is a no brainer.

It's only in this modern era that we expect professional athletes to be so incredibly accessible to the 24-hour news cycle.

The media doesn't own these people. They are hired to do a job, which is to practice and deliver on the field/court. I don't think they are at all obligated to open up their lives to public scrutiny whenever the media wants them to.

Think about it...the media/sports journalists need access to these players a hellalot more than the players need to grant it.

I don't think Lynch was angry or rude, I think he just didn't want to be interviewed repeatedly by the media because there is no win in it for most payers. The interviewers are looking for the player to trip up or say something they can blow into a controversy. For the players, keeping your mouth shut is a no brainer.

It's only in this modern era that we expect professional athletes to be so incredibly accessible to the 24-hour news cycle.

The media doesn't own these people. They are hired to do a job, which is to practice and deliver on the field/court. I don't think they are at all obligated to open up their lives to public scrutiny whenever the media wants them to.

Think about it...the media/sports journalists need access to these players a hellalot more than the players need to grant it.

Don't worry about it, Lynch doesn't need to worry about it now.

You don't think the media wanted to interview the losing team?

LOL.

Forum List

Back