Mars? After he guts the Space Program?

The idea of flying to Mars in a space ship gives me the fucking willies!!!

As soon as I no longer could see the Earth, I would be intensely frightened.

Which is precisely why you're not an astronaut. ;)

This is actually one of the areas where I agree with RGS (shocking, I know). You can't gut the space program, divert what resources remain to mucking around in low Earth orbit for the next umpty-squat years, encourage almost solely commercial (profitable) applications for space and realistically expect to get to Mars.

And why not Mars? The pure science alone that would come from putting human hands and a human brain on another planet would be priceless, never mind the technological advances (and employment, and re-emphasis on science and math, and maybe just plain old excitement) that would come with an Apollo-style Mars program. Obama is being a wuss, there's plenty that can be cut to fund it if he could find his cajones.

Obama: Americans to Mars within his lifetime - Yahoo! News

Not likely, he gutted the program and expects us to reach Mars? He MUST mean SOME OTHER Country.

perhapes thats because he knows the aliens will go public soon and advance
of knowleadge beyond anyhing NASA could do

dont shoot the messeger RGS...just sayin

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgoi3i9AgbU]YouTube - N.A.S.A. Astronaut Edgar Mitchell Admitts To Alien Contact & Life On Other Planets 1 Of 2[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt58tUjl3OY]YouTube - More Proof Of Alien Contact. Buzz Aldrin speaks out.[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8KN_uRfWqU&feature=related]YouTube - BUZZ ALDRIN REVEALS A "MONOLITH" 7/20/09[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvPR8T1o3Dc]YouTube - Astronaut Gordon Cooper Talks About UFOs[/ame]

Last edited:
STFU, complain about spending, now complain when Obama cuts something. And just because we are at a tough time fiscally doesn't mean in the future, in his lifetime that still has many decades to go, that the program won't be started up again and succeed.

STFU, complain about spending, now complain when Obama cuts something. And just because we are at a tough time fiscally doesn't mean in the future, in his lifetime that still has many decades to go, that the program won't be started up again and succeed.

Many? He is in his 40's he has not that many decades to go and he pissed away the next 20 by canceling the space program. You are a FUCKING MORON. Did you get your science degree in El Salvador?

This is actually one of the areas where I agree with RGS (shocking, I know). You can't gut the space program, divert what resources remain to mucking around in low Earth orbit for the next umpty-squat years, encourage almost solely commercial (profitable) applications for space and realistically expect to get to Mars.

And why not Mars? The pure science alone that would come from putting human hands and a human brain on another planet would be priceless, never mind the technological advances (and employment, and re-emphasis on science and math, and maybe just plain old excitement) that would come with an Apollo-style Mars program. Obama is being a wuss, there's plenty that can be cut to fund it if he could find his cajones.

What you are saying, is that instead of revamping a $100 billion dollar program that was supposed to be done in 2020 that is already over budget and behind schedule, we should continue to invest in, when we have very viable private, American corporations who have not only made extreme headway, but in someways have leapfrogged NASA in the few years they have been around.

Look at the innovations that these private corporations

Divert? We just INCREASED NASA funding, and it's going to be going to R&D and partnering with this private industries to find the cheapest, quickest way into space. There's no great enemy, government doesn't work well without one either. Sad, but true.

You guys bitch about spending, but want to keep the space programs.
You don't want to provide health care for your fellow man, but you are cool with spending billions of dollars on something we don't NEED right now?

What you are saying, is that instead of revamping a $100 billion dollar program that was supposed to be done in 2020 that is already over budget and behind schedule, we should continue to invest in, when we have very viable private, American corporations who have not only made extreme headway, but in someways have leapfrogged NASA in the few years they have been around.

Look at the innovations that these private corporations

Divert? We just INCREASED NASA funding, and it's going to be going to R&D and partnering with this private industries to find the cheapest, quickest way into space. There's no great enemy, government doesn't work well without one either. Sad, but true.

Please list the ways in which American or any other private corporations have surpassed NASA.

But that's almost irrelevant. Private industry will surely look for hte cheapest, quickest way into space - to what end? Exploration? Science? Inspiration for our young folks to get serious about math and sciences? Or to find a way to make it profitable?

I have nothing against private industry developing commercial space applications or making a profit from it on their own dime. In fact, I welcome it. I don't believe they should be the only or even the primary player, their duty to their shareholders won't allow them to pursue risk when the primary reward is not necessarily financial in nature.

Many? He is in his 40's he has not that many decades to go and he pissed away the next 20 by canceling the space program. You are a FUCKING MORON. Did you get your science degree in El Salvador?

I'd say 4 or 5 decades is many, and I'm the moron :lol:

Im not sure Obama knows what he is doing half the time anymore.

Yep...he's in WAY over his head, and its only begining to show.

And its really to damn bad because he'll just feed prejudice.

I don't see how this can feed prejudice. He is an individual who knows absolutely nothing that he needs to know to do his job. He is great at getting elected and horrible at governing. He is the definition of the "Peter Principle".

The problem is, he's taking down the whole USA with him.

Making NASA into the Global Warming Justification League is the last straw. This guy is a jack ass who cannot stand the thought of anything American in the traditional sense.

If he suddenly discovered patriotism, he'd resign after killing Biden and Pelosi.

He cut the program, but INCREASED the program's budget. Only a true moron could accomplish this.

Every year that the program is shut down adds that year and another to the re-start if it happens.

There will be a base on the Moon in the next decade and it will be either Russian or Chinese. The Big 0 is a joke and the whole world knows it except him and Nancy Pelosi.

I'm joining Michelle Obama in being ashamed to be an American. Someone needs to flush the toilet on this turd.

Im not sure Obama knows what he is doing half the time anymore.

Yep...he's in WAY over his head, and its only begining to show.

And its really to damn bad because he'll just feed prejudice.

I don't see how this can feed prejudice. He is an individual who knows absolutely nothing that he needs to know to do his job. He is great at getting elected and horrible at governing. He is the definition of the "Peter Principle".

The problem is, he's taking down the whole USA with him.

Making NASA into the Global Warming Justification League is the last straw. This guy is a jack ass who cannot stand the thought of anything American in the traditional sense.

If he suddenly discovered patriotism, he'd resign after killing Biden and Pelosi.

Actually, the majority of what he is doing is giving money to private companies to develop new manned orbiters and systems. Which will then be farmed out to these same corporations to run after an unspecified amount of time, and on which they will make the profits after the taxpayer foots the bill for R&D.

At some point after this new orbiter system is in place and privatized, then NASA will get around to starting to look at developing propulsion systems and other elements necessary for interplanetary travel.

I smell a cover for militarization in the whole Global Warming schtick, personally. :doubt:

New Topics

Forum List

Back