Married father kills himself after talking to AI chatbot for 6 weeks about his climate change fears

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Well I guess suiciding yourself is one way to reduce climate change.

'We will live as one in heaven': Belgian man dies by suicide after chatbot exchanges​

A Belgian man died by suicide after weeks of unsettling exchanges with an AI-powered chatbot called Eliza, La Libre reports. State secretary for digitalisation Mathieu Michel called it "a serious precedent that must be taken very seriously".

"The man's wife testified anonymously in the Belgian newspaper La Libre on Tuesday. Six weeks before his death, her husband started chatting with 'Eliza', a chatbot created by a US start-up using GPT-J technology, the open-source alternative to OpenAI's GPT-3. "If it wasn't for Eliza, he would still be here. I am convinced of that," she said.

The man, a father of two young children in his 30s, found refuge in talking to the chatbot after becoming increasingly anxious about climate issues. "'Eliza' answered all his questions. She had become his confidante. She was like a drug he used to withdraw in the morning and at night that he couldn't live without," his wife told La Libre. "

https://www.belganewsagency.eu/we-w...n-dies-of-suicide-following-chatbot-exchanges

The story from the original Belgian source, which is behind a paywall...

Le fondateur du chatbot Eliza réagit à notre enquête sur le suicide d’un jeune Belge

That's funny. Say, maybe the Neo-GOP leadership needs to sign up for a few chats sessions with this Eliza character.

'We will live as one in heaven': Belgian man dies by suicide after chatbot exchanges​

A Belgian man died by suicide after weeks of unsettling exchanges with an AI-powered chatbot called Eliza, La Libre reports. State secretary for digitalisation Mathieu Michel called it "a serious precedent that must be taken very seriously".

"The man's wife testified anonymously in the Belgian newspaper La Libre on Tuesday. Six weeks before his death, her husband started chatting with 'Eliza', a chatbot created by a US start-up using GPT-J technology, the open-source alternative to OpenAI's GPT-3. "If it wasn't for Eliza, he would still be here. I am convinced of that," she said.

The man, a father of two young children in his 30s, found refuge in talking to the chatbot after becoming increasingly anxious about climate issues. "'Eliza' answered all his questions. She had become his confidante. She was like a drug he used to withdraw in the morning and at night that he couldn't live without," his wife told La Libre. "

https://www.belganewsagency.eu/we-w...n-dies-of-suicide-following-chatbot-exchanges

Le fondateur du chatbot Eliza réagit à notre enquête sur le suicide d’un jeune Belge

This is the death cult left's dream! An AI-enabled, remote suicide machine.

This is the death cult left's dream! An AI-enabled, remote suicide machine.
They will be infecting message boards too, just like the gay vibes did.

We have software for sale on our site that can protect you from Ms. Eliza however.....

1764.jpg
she just wants to talk......like a normal human bean.

That's funny. Say, maybe the Neo-GOP leadership needs to sign up for a few chats sessions with this Eliza character.
I suspect many users of this board are some kind of AI powered bots. So similar are their responses, so empty of personality.

I expressed my thoughts on AI about a year ago. I made a statement that all this horse shit we argue about on here is a waist of time. The real problem is AI. Everything else is small potato

Another selfish bastard who presumably has wrecked other people's lives for nothing, other than his vanity and some mental masturbation that allowed him to imagine he was more important than a speck of dust .​

Though in fairness it must have been difficult being Belgian.​

'We will live as one in heaven': Belgian man dies by suicide after chatbot exchanges

I applauded when Greta Thunberg and other young child activists claimed they weren't going to have any children. We need to seriously weed these people out of the gene pool, otherwise the planet really will be fucked.

Forum List

Back