Marriage not required

link no~worky. But it's in New York what should any of us expect? The fall of mankind and it's moral fiber

You need Adobe reader for it, as it's the actual affadavit that yu can file with the Court.

What does Local law 26-2006 say anyway? What does this change? What is the purpose?

I can see where this might be of benifit to two widowers who are totally alone.
Without seeing the law I really can't say.

What does Local law 26-2006 say anyway? What does this change? What is the purpose?

I can see where this might be of benifit to two widowers who are totally alone.
Without seeing the law I really can't say.

This is what is written above the application
http://www.co.suffolk.ny.us/Clerk/Domestic Partnership.pdf

Nassau was on their heels to pass it. Didn't pan out that way.
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/l...pr25,0,2957317.story?coll=ny-lipolitics-print

From New Jersey
http://www.state.nj.us/cgi-bin/governor/njnewsline/view_article_archives.pl?id=1694
Those entities must however equally administer all benefits fairly. The bill also requires commercial health and dental insurers to extend eligibility for filing health insurance contracts to the individuals covered under the bill.

"Today is a victory for unmarried same-sex and elderly heterosexual domestic partners who will no longer be denied hospital visitation, tax-related benefits or health insurance coverage if it is offered by employers," said Loretta Weinberg (D-Bergen). "The 'Domestic Partnership Act' helps committed domestic partners sharing their lives together overcome daily challenges. This law is about equality and fairness for domestic partners living in New Jersey."

Those who wish to become domestic partners must be of the same sex and at least 18 years of age or must be at least 62 years of age and not of the same sex. Those qualifying individuals would need to complete and file an Affidavit of Domestic Partnership with their local registrar. The fee for filing such an affidavit will be determined by the Commissioner of Health and Senior Services at a later date.

"Oftentimes, associated financial penalties prevent or dissuade domestic partners from marrying," said McKeon (D-Essex). "This law disavows age-old stereotypes that fail to recognize non-traditional, familial relationships and do not reflect emerging trends."

If an individual does not follow the specified provisions of the bill and knowingly submits inaccurate information to the State, he or she could be subjected to civil penalties and fines up to $1000. If a local registrar knowingly submits a false Certificate of Domestic Partnership to the State, the local registrar could also face penalties and fines up to $500.

"New Jersey joins the vanguard of states that protect domestic partners who are committed to sharing their lives together and nurturing caring families," said Watson Coleman (D-Mercer). "Personal and emotional relationships that are the foundation for many families-including domestic partners - should be respected in our communities."

If the domestic partners wish to terminate the arrangement, the Superior Court would have jurisdiction over all proceedings relating to the termination of the partnership, including the division and distribution of jointly held property.

"Life's everyday activities, such as paying taxes, seeking medical care or rendering legal decisions, should not be more complicated for domestic partners," said Roberts (D-Camden). "The Domestic Partnership Act eases restrictions that harm domestic partners, their children and surviving partners."

The bill makes clear that while individuals in domestic partnerships share many of the same emotional and financial bonds as married couples; domestic partnership is clearly distinct from marriage. The bill draws two chief legal distinctions to reflect the differences. Property acquired by one partner during a domestic partnership is treated as the property of that individual, unlike in a marriage where joint ownership may arise by law. In addition, the status of domestic partnership neither creates nor diminishes individual partners' rights and responsibilities toward children, unlike in a marriage where both spouses possess legal rights and obligations with respect to any children born during the marriage.

"Benefits and rights should not be denied based upon familial relationships. Recognizing domestic partnerships will ensure that committed same-sex couples have access to the benefits their employers offered to spouses and dependents in traditional families," said Impreveduto (D-Hudson)

Makes marriage obsolete, eh? :-/

:(
That may be the agenda. But nothing will take the place of marriage. It isn't done for the law; it is a commitment between 2 people, vowing to spend eternity together. Those vows we repeat our for us. It gives tangible proof to what is in our hearts. WE need to hear those words. There is a security that (if the vows were spoken in sincerity & trust) that someone will be in your corner for the rest of your life. That you don't have to walk this crappy world, alone.

I haven't seen what the plan is if this 'partnership' wants to be dissolved.

The bill makes clear that while individuals in domestic partnerships share many of the same emotional and financial bonds as married couples; domestic partnership is clearly distinct from marriage. The bill draws two chief legal distinctions to reflect the differences. Property acquired by one partner during a domestic partnership is treated as the property of that individual, unlike in a marriage where joint ownership may arise by law. In addition, the status of domestic partnership neither creates nor diminishes individual partners' rights and responsibilities toward children, unlike in a marriage where both spouses possess legal rights and obligations with respect to any children born during the marriage.
Well this really blows because I made a commentment of better or worse and in sickness and in health and when I get on her nerves and when she wants to paint the kitchen or whatever, I do my part because we jointly made a sound decision in our lives. So with little or no effect I could have just co habitated and called my lady my domestic partner I guess like a pet but it talks! So in doing that I really don't have to bring much to the table, like a goof so if I get tired of the "arrangement" I can freely leave and sew for part ownership of funds,home and assets, or get benifits. What a damn sham:wtf: I wonder which or how many politicians got kicks backs over this idea:poop:

Point of order - not eternity, but 'for the duration of our physical lives.' :)
I plan on spending eternity with Mm.

I just have a hard time trying to get there.

certainly with - but not married-to. :)
Sure I will be. The world will be restored to what it was when first created. Adam & Eve were placed here as husband & wife. That principle which God established in the beginning will not be abolished.

Sure I will be. The world will be restored to what it was when first created. Adam & Eve were placed here as husband & wife. That principle which God established in the beginning will not be abolished.

"Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and have children for him. 25Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27Finally, the woman died. 28Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?"

29Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven."

I'd be pretty depressed if this marriage meant 'for eternity'. Nothing against my wife; I think she'd agree. :)

I'd be pretty depressed if this marriage meant 'for eternity'. Nothing against my wife; I think she'd agree. :)
The Bible says the Holy City comes out of heaven which tells me there is something else there. And Man was given a companion & told to be fruitful & multiply & to tend the Garden. I don't plan on harp playing for eternity.

The Bible says the Holy City comes out of heaven which tells me there is something else there. And Man was given a companion & told to be fruitful & multiply & to tend the Garden. I don't plan on harp playing for eternity.

Man was given a companion because man had a physical-only body. Man was seperated from God to some extent. I just can't see ANY biblical precident to show we'll be married to our spouse for eternity. When we get married, we become one BODY..one FLESH...not one spirit.

IMHO, anyway. :)

Man was given a companion because man had a physical-only body. Man was seperated from God to some extent.
Man was separated from God after sin, not before. Adam & Eve had daily communion with God & the angels. Adam was given a companion because God said, "It is not good for man to be alone".
And what do you think is going to happen to our bodies? Will they not be restored?

What happens in heaven is probably not as big as issue than just getting there.

Man was separated from God after sin, not before. Adam & Eve had daily communion with God & the angels. Adam was given a companion because God said, "It is not good for man to be alone".
And what do you think is going to happen to our bodies? Will they not be restored?

What happens in heaven is probably not as big as issue than just getting there.

They will be as Christ's body was - able to transcend both places - spritual AND physical. But man was also seperated from God PRIOR. At least there were times when Man had no communion with God. If not, Man would never have been 'alone' and in need of a woman. :)

;)

They will be as Christ's body was - able to transcend both places - spritual AND physical. But man was also seperated from God PRIOR. At least there were times when Man had no communion with God. If not, Man would never have been 'alone' and in need of a woman. :)

;)
What a crock. Man was given the need for work, communion with God & the need for companionship.
Tending the Garden supplied the need for work. The spiritual comes from God alone. If God had not created man with this need there then would not have been a need for a companion. But that's not how God created man. He gave him Eve to supply that need.

What a crock. Man was given the need for work, communion with God & the need for companionship.
Tending the Garden supplied the need for work. The spiritual comes from God alone. If God had not created man with this need there then would not have been a need for a companion. But that's not how God created man. He gave him Eve to supply that need.

Geesh, starla - no need to be nasty.

I'm saying when we're with Christ, we'll be in a state HIGHER - if you will - than was Adam in the garden. And Christ was VERY clear we'll not be IN or given to marriage. (shrug) you can form your own opinions.

Man was given a companion because man had a physical-only body. Man was seperated from God to some extent. I just can't see ANY biblical precident to show we'll be married to our spouse for eternity. When we get married, we become one BODY..one FLESH...not one spirit.

IMHO, anyway. :)

Sometimes marriage feels like an eternity. J/K :halo:

Forum List

Back