Mark Sanford Reunites With Mistress

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Mark Sanford Reunites with Argentine Mistress Maria Belen Chapur in Florida - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

After becoming embroiled in scandal last year as a result of his affair with an Argentinean woman, South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford acknowledged today that he reunited with her this past weekend.

Sanford told reporters that he met with Maria Belen Chapur in Florida to see if they could restart their relationship, the Associated Press reports. The Republican governor would not reportedly say whether this was the first time he had seen Chapur since publicly admitting to the relationship.

The governor was compelled last summer to reveal the relationship after he mysteriously disappeared for five days. His office initially said he was hiking the Appalachian Trail, but he was, in fact, visiting his mistress in Argentina.

The revelation prompted calls for Sanford's resignation and led to investigations into Sanford's behavior. His wife Jenny Sanford divorced him.

Sanford, who has reached his term limit, will leave office in January.

Mark Sanford Reunites with Argentine Mistress Maria Belen Chapur in Florida - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

After becoming embroiled in scandal last year as a result of his affair with an Argentinean woman, South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford acknowledged today that he reunited with her this past weekend.

Sanford told reporters that he met with Maria Belen Chapur in Florida to see if they could restart their relationship, the Associated Press reports. The Republican governor would not reportedly say whether this was the first time he had seen Chapur since publicly admitting to the relationship.

The governor was compelled last summer to reveal the relationship after he mysteriously disappeared for five days. His office initially said he was hiking the Appalachian Trail, but he was, in fact, visiting his mistress in Argentina.

The revelation prompted calls for Sanford's resignation and led to investigations into Sanford's behavior. His wife Jenny Sanford divorced him.

You know, if he'd been a Democrat he would been booted out...like Spitzer.

wtf?

Who didn't see this coming?

I saw it. Big deal now. The man is divorced, he is free to pursue the relationship. I hope this will bring him happiness, my personal experience is that it won't.

My husband had an affair with our neighbor while I was pregnant. He left me shortly after our twins were born....to be with her.

I still have the letters she sent me--taunting me--with how much she loved my husband and how they were meant to be together. She said I would "just need to get over myself and accept their relationship/marriage" (and there were several of these unsolicited letters over the first few years).

In all the years, I have had no contact with her other than her hate filled letters. Never responded to her or her letters--though I was very tempted to return her hateful and unecessary ugliness. Eventually, I got past them and him, and moved on with life. She expected me to return fire, I didn't, the letters stopped.

15 years down the road, though, they are now separated and very unhappy people. Have been very unhappy for a long, long time.

Karma. It's a bitch. ;)

After the humiliation the guy went through (his own fault, but still) he deserves some happiness.

Nobody's business at this point, but I don't understand why he'd tell the press in the first place.

No one cared when a sitting president was getting hummers from in intern so what's the big deal about a governor getting laid?

No one cared when a sitting president was getting hummers from in intern so what's the big deal about a governor getting laid?

No one cared except the right wingers who were obsessed with bringing down a democrat president.

Too bad their little plan failed, eh?

No one cared except the right wingers who were obsessed with bringing down a democrat president.

Too bad their little plan failed, eh?

And no one cares about this except libbies who want to call a repugnant-can a hypocrite.

Seriously, who gives a shit?

what would you say if it was a democrat?

As long as he's a DIVORCED or UNMARRIED Democrat, I don't give a shit.

Unfortunately, Billy Bob was then (and still is) a MARRIED Democrat when he soiled Monica's big blue dress, so don't go there. :eusa_hand:
And Monica saved the semen stained dress. She loved every minute of what she did with Clinton, as she did with at least one other married man, her teacher.

what would you say if it was a democrat?

As long as he's a DIVORCED or UNMARRIED Democrat, I don't give a shit.

Unfortunately, Billy Bob was then (and still is) a MARRIED Democrat when he soiled Monica's big blue dress, so don't go there. :eusa_hand:
And Monica saved the semen stained dress. She loved every minute of what she did with Clinton, as she did with at least one other married man, her teacher.

Be that as it may, Monica was NOT married. Billy Bob WAS and IS married.

Monica didn't commit the offense, Billy Bob did.

The married party is ALWAYS wrong to go outside their marriage. Period. Democrat, Republican or Martian. Makes no matter to me. They're WRONG.

End. Of. Discussion.

New Topics

Forum List

Back