Mark Meadows Caught Lying As He Accused Michael Cohen of Criminal Lying at Hearing.

edthecynic

Censored for Cynicism
Oct 20, 2008
GOP Congressman Mark Meadows tried to accuse former Trump fixer Michael Cohen of lying on a disclosure form, but turned out to be lying himself.

During Wednesday morning’s House Oversight Committee hearing, the North Carolina Republican went into high dudgeon over Cohen’s failure to list certain contracts on a truth in testimony disclosure form.

Meadows: “I’m going to back to the question I asked before with regards to your false statement that you submitted to Congress. On here it was very clear that it asks for contracts with foreign entities over the last two years. Have you had any foreign contracts with foreign entities whether it’s Novartis or the Korean Airline or Kazakhstan BTA bank? Your testimony earlier said that you had contracts with them. In fact, you went into detail.”

Cohen: “Sir, I believe it talks about lobbying. “No, I did no lobbying, and on top of that they are not government…”

Meadows: “I’m not asking about lobbying, Mr. Cohen,”

Cohen: “They are not government agencies, they are privately and publicly traded companies.”

Meadows: “Did you have foreign contracts over the last two years?”

Cohen: “Foreign contracts?”

Meadows: “Contracts with foreign entities?”

Cohen: “Yes.“

Meadows: “Why didn’t you put them on the form, it says it’s a criminal offense to not put them on this form, for the last two years, why did you not do that?”

Cohen: “Because those foreign companies that you’re referring to are not government companies,”

Meadows: “It says non-governmental, Mr. Cohen, you signed it,

Cohen: “They’re talking about me as being non-governmental,”

Meadows: “It says foreign agency, it says foreign contracts, do you want us to read it to you?”

Cohen: “I read it and it was reviewed by my counsel, and I am a non-government employee who is not lobbying, and they are not foreign countries,”

Meadows: “This has nothing to do with lobbying, it says it’s a criminal offense to not list all your foreign contracts. That’s what it says,”

Cohen: “Well then I’m going to take a look at it before I leave and hopefully I will amend it prior to leaving, because that’s not the way I read your document,”

Meadows: “You know, it’s just one more example of, Mr. Cohen, of you skirting the truth,”

From the Truth In Testimony Disclosure form: If you are a non-governmental witness, please list any contracts or payments originating with a foreign government and related to the hearing’s subject matter that you or the organization(s) you represent at this hearing received in the current year and previous two calendar years. Include the amount and country of origin of each contract or payment.

Mark Meadows

@RepMarkMeadows
I just entered a referral for criminal investigation of Michael Cohen, who violated the Foreign Agents Registration Act by illegally lobbying on behalf of foreign entities without registering

Cohen talks about "blind loyalty." His real blind loyalty? It's to the almighty dollar.

GOP Congressman Mark Meadows tried to accuse former Trump fixer Michael Cohen of lying on a disclosure form, but turned out to be lying himself.

During Wednesday morning’s House Oversight Committee hearing, the North Carolina Republican went into high dudgeon over Cohen’s failure to list certain contracts on a truth in testimony disclosure form.

Meadows: “I’m going to back to the question I asked before with regards to your false statement that you submitted to Congress. On here it was very clear that it asks for contracts with foreign entities over the last two years. Have you had any foreign contracts with foreign entities whether it’s Novartis or the Korean Airline or Kazakhstan BTA bank? Your testimony earlier said that you had contracts with them. In fact, you went into detail.”

Cohen: “Sir, I believe it talks about lobbying. “No, I did no lobbying, and on top of that they are not government…”

Cohen: “They are not government agencies, they are privately and publicly traded companies.”

Meadows: “Why didn’t you put them on the form, it says it’s a criminal offense to not put them on this form, for the last two years, why did you not do that?”

Cohen: “Because those foreign companies that you’re referring to are not government companies,”

Meadows: “It says foreign agency, it says foreign contracts, do you want us to read it to you?”

Cohen: “I read it and it was reviewed by my counsel, and I am a non-government employee who is not lobbying, and they are not foreign countries,”

Meadows: “This has nothing to do with lobbying, it says it’s a criminal offense to not list all your foreign contracts. That’s what it says,”

Cohen: “Well then I’m going to take a look at it before I leave and hopefully I will amend it prior to leaving, because that’s not the way I read your document,”

Meadows: “You know, it’s just one more example of, Mr. Cohen, of you skirting the truth,”

From the Truth In Testimony Disclosure form: If you are a non-governmental witness, please list any contracts or payments originating with a foreign government and related to the hearing’s subject matter that you or the organization(s) you represent at this hearing received in the current year and previous two calendar years. Include the amount and country of origin of each contract or payment.

Mark Meadows

@RepMarkMeadows
I just entered a referral for criminal investigation of Michael Cohen, who violated the Foreign Agents Registration Act by illegally lobbying on behalf of foreign entities without registering

Cohen talks about "blind loyalty." His real blind loyalty? It's to the almighty dollar.
Meadows Meadows Meadows.....*shakes head in pity.

How many damned Cohen topics do we need in one day?

When is a liar not a liar ?

A. When he tells the truth and no one believe him (Cry wolf scenario)
B. When he lies and some believe that it is the truth or a lie (Doesn't matter scenario People believe what the want to believe)
C. When people can't tell the deference between truth and lies (Benefit of doubt scenario)
D. When people believe everything is a lie (No moral compass)
E. ?????

Mark Meadows

@RepMarkMeadows
t
Cohen's a convict. That's way beyond accusation. He looked like a haggard and defeated man yet whined like a liberal woman.

Meadows appeared to have made a mistake.

Is everything you disagree with a "lie"?
WHY did he make a "mistake" though?

It's because he was being a hack for your Trumpenführer.

The bastard was more interested in castigating Cohen than actually presenting the truth.

Eff him and horse he rode in on.

Forum List

Back