Marines Surrender Weapons

Check out

Official No operational USMC weapons left behind in Yemen embassy evacuation

Ex-Marines angry over reports on guards weapons in Yemen embassy - Washington Times

I really know it kills you to have anything positive reported about the US military, but there is ways YOU could've found the same links - if you really wanted to,
It says no functional weapons were turned over. That could mean they rendered them unusable before turning them over.
It doesn't mean they weren't turned over.

Weapons that have been destroyed are no longer weapons, they are junk.

Actually, the US support for Israel is the biggest error.
There were no attacks on America or Americans until America supported Israel.
The desperate will mention the Barbary pirates, ignoring the fact, there were many Jewish members of that lot.
Weren't we supporting Israel before 2001?

Perhaps you could name an attack on America by Muslims that wasn't a direct result of American interference in other countries.
Apart from criminal acts such as piracy, there have been none.

Have we ever done this before (handed over our weapons to the local-yokels)?

All the time.
Despite the closure of the U.S. embassy, some American military personnel remain in the country conducting training operations with Yemeni military forces and "retain the capability to conduct counterterrorism operations if required," Warren said.

After Yemen s coup who controls the US-provided arms The New Republic

According to The Guardian, the Pentagon is now unable to monitor the $400 million worth of military equipment provided to Yemen over the last decade, including tanks and artillery, and the Houthis reportedly control the Yemeni military's bases and arsenal. Should the group consolidate this control, it would have profound implications for America’s counterterrorism campaign in the country

You donated millions to these people. American stupidity is astounding.

I agree Freddie------the USA has made the mistake of trusting shairah shit holes------MANY TIMES. Nobody asked me about
trusting either the shariah dogs Taliban or the shariah shit hole, Yemen

The desperate will mention the Barbary pirates, ignoring the fact, there were many Jewish members of that lot.

Perhaps you could name an attack on America by Muslims that wasn't a direct result of American interference in other countries.

ALL of homeland security is devoted to combating the stink of islam. Scores of attacks have been thwarted -----there have also
been several murders committed in the name of the BIG STINK---
-----

Check out

Official No operational USMC weapons left behind in Yemen embassy evacuation

Ex-Marines angry over reports on guards weapons in Yemen embassy - Washington Times

I really know it kills you to have anything positive reported about the US military, but there is ways YOU could've found the same links - if you really wanted to,
It says no functional weapons were turned over. That could mean they rendered them unusable before turning them over.
It doesn't mean they weren't turned over.

Weapons that have been destroyed are no longer weapons, they are junk.
Beat someone over the head with it and it's still a weapon.

Every one of them.

Another blow has been dealt to this awful thread and its writer as fact-checking website emergent.info rates the claim "false": Emergent
The originating source: Breitbart.
The website quotes the website of the honorable U.S. Marines: "The Marine Security Force left the American embassy in Yemen for the movement to the airfield as part of the "ordered departure" with only personal weapons. All crew served weapons were destroyed at the embassy prior to movement. None of them were 'handed over' in any way to anyone. The destruction of weapons at the embassy and the airport was carried out in accordance with an approved destruction plan". Clarity on Marine Security Force departure from Yemen The Official United States Marine Corps Public Website Press Release Display

Every one of them.

An attempt at a smart comment - but no ability to name an attack that wasn't caused by American actions.

right------Pearl Harbor was CAUSED by American actions against Japan------and Germany blitzed England because of English attacks on the islamo Nazi hero ADOLF-----and the rapist stinking disgusting baby diddler ---muhummad raped and pillaged in Yathrib because jews refused to kiss his stinking ass.
There is always a REASON for muslims to Murder, rape, pillage and do the filth which delights their "god"

Pearl Harbor was CAUSED by American actions against Japan

Oh dear - read the history.
The US and Japan were competing in that section of the world, then America blocked Japan's oil supplies.
Japan could either go home or attack.
Bloody silly America misjudged.

Pearl Harbor was CAUSED by American actions against Japan

Oh dear - read the history.
The US and Japan were competing in that section of the world, then America blocked Japan's oil supplies.
Japan could either go home or attack.
Bloody silly America misjudged.

I know history including the history of the filth of islam-----and it's rationale for it's invasions, and murder, rape and pillage sprees over the past 1400 years. Since the early 50s ----the meccaist pigs have BLOCKED by boycotts ----boycotting of every business doing trade with Israel------Israel's EVERYTHING supplies-----thus by Islamic logic ----DA JOOOS have a right to slit the throat of every muslim dog or bitch they encounter and nuke mecca out of existence. I agree -----the answer is with ISLAAAAM. The entire civilizes world should EMULATE the
sluts who put bombs on their stinking asses of their whore daughters for the glory of "allah". Well....no----not that----just grab their whores and pimps and burn them alive----_EXCELLENT PRECEDENT!!!!!! thanks to the SUCCSOR to THE RAPIST PIG OF MECCA----- big bad baghdaddy

DA JOOOS have a right to slit the throat of every muslim dog or bitch they encounter and nuke mecca out of existence. I agree -

One can see where the problem lies.
'

Yes----THE PROBLEM lies in the fact that the dogs and pigs and whores and pimps of mecca do their thing------murder, rape and
depravity for the glory of their pile of dung in jannah, knowing that the civilized world cannot react to their endless STINK----in kind.
The GOOD NEWS is that the meccaist shit-----do the same to EACH OTHER

DA JOOOS have a right to slit the throat of every muslim dog or bitch they encounter and nuke mecca out of existence. I agree -

One can see where the problem lies.
'

Yes----THE PROBLEM lies in the fact that the dogs and pigs and whores and pimps of mecca do their thing------murder, rape and
depravity for the glory of their pile of dung in jannah, knowing that the civilized world cannot react to their endless STINK----in kind.
The GOOD NEWS is that the meccaist shit-----do the same to EACH OTHER

QED

The article in the OP said that because tensions were high, Marines were to be armed all the way up to the airport.

Once there, chances are they were going to board a commercial aircraft to go home. Lots of times the military will send people via commercial air. Matter of fact, when I had to go back and catch the ship, they sent me on a commercial flight. The only time I ever rode in a Navy plane was when I had to go home on emergency leave. Tell ya what.........never wanna do that again, because when they get up to altitude, they get FREAKING COLD, and the only place they really have any heat is up in the cockpit.

And if there's too many passengers to ride up alongside the pilots, you have to rotate.

Every one of them.

An attempt at a smart comment - but no ability to name an attack that wasn't caused by American actions.
These terrorists always talk about dignity, but all that it is is bigotry and a failure to live with anyone else on equal terms.

Muslims are the most prejudice assholes in the world. They can't seem to live peaceably with anyone. Not even other Muslims. ISIS is basically a war between Sunnis and Shiites. The other day they burned 23 Christians alive. When they run out of Shiites and Christians to kill they'll just branch out and start killing everyone else that gets in their way.

Even the peaceful ones get into arguments over religion or whatever they feel is important, arguments that are so aggressive that if they had a knife on them they'd end up slicing each other up. And it's always about something that on the surface is so trivial. If Muslims didn't have Israel to use as a strawman they simply invent one. They used to kill each other over water holes. Now they're killing over cartoons of Muhammad.

Last edited:
The article in the OP said that because tensions were high, Marines were to be armed all the way up to the airport.

Once there, chances are they were going to board a commercial aircraft to go home. Lots of times the military will send people via commercial air. Matter of fact, when I had to go back and catch the ship, they sent me on a commercial flight. The only time I ever rode in a Navy plane was when I had to go home on emergency leave. Tell ya what.........never wanna do that again, because when they get up to altitude, they get FREAKING COLD, and the only place they really have any heat is up in the cockpit.

And if there's too many passengers to ride up alongside the pilots, you have to rotate.

BS. They were being harassed by a bunch of assholes all the way to the airport. Obama practically left them out to dry. The shit those guys went thru was humiliating. We're lucky none of them were attacked.

The Hidden Issue Behind Marines Ditching Weapons In Yemen
1:32 PM 02/13/2015
Geoffrey Ingersoll

All the furor about Marines allegedly surrendering weapons to Yemeni rebels misses the obvious question: Why were Marines and diplomats in such a rush?

There was plenty of time to draw up an exit plan that did not include destroying weapons and ditching dozens of vehicles. The deterioration of the security situation was months in the making, culminating as the government dissolved Jan. 22, nearly three weeks ago.

The coup occurred when Iran-backed Houthi rebels stormed the presidential palace and placed American-backed, then-President Abdrabbuh Mansour Hadi and his cabinet under arrest (all of whom promptly resigned, presumably at gunpoint), and had been widely anticipated by just about anyone watching the country.

So why did the exit plan seem so hasty?

It seems to have also taken Marines and embassy personnel down public streets dominated by Houthi rebels; whose supporters were reportedly thronging the capital shouting “death to America, death to Israel,” even as officials reported the area as “calm.”

News of the embassy closing was quickly followed with a report coming from CNN claiming Marines surrendered weapons to Houthi rebels at the capital Sanaa airport.

Since then, the Marine Corps has issued statement after statement rebutting any claims that such a surrender occurred. Jen Psaki, spokeswoman for the State Department, appeared Thursday on “The Kelly File” to also deny any such rush occurred (and to also repeat the claims that the city was calm and the protocol was well planned and well executed).

Yet, Marines were forced to destroy weapons with sledge hammers (the Marine Corps asserts) in the airport parking lot. They were forced to “remove bolts” from their personal small arms in order to render them inoperable, prior to turning them over to Yemeni “security personnel,” or in some reports, leaving them behind in the 20-some cars that Houthi rebels then seized.

An almost bewildered Col. Steve Warren, Pentagon spokesperson, initially told reporters Marines had to leave behind weapons because they had to board a “civilian” flight. Why were Marines and embassy officials forced to take Yemen’s version of Delta out of the country?

Were they seated in first class or in coach (with all the commoners)?

Later, officials referred to the flight as “chartered commercial.” But Marines take chartered commercial flights all the time, and they do so with weapons. Something doesn’t quite add up. Where were all the military flight assets? Was the worry that rebels might shoot American helicopters down? Are they even capable?

This hasty departure has all the signs of a bootstrap extraction. After months of deteriorating security, and weeks since the government folded, embassy officials and Marines got the order and departed in a dead rush — fled in fact — and even if protocol was followed as planned, the plan left an awful lot of Americans (at least 20 cars full) exposed to awfully high risk.

I understand the nature of risky duty assignments, but this “plan” seems to have been executed at the 11th hour. From all appearances, it seems like luck played a major role in everyone’s safety, perhaps more so than planning, and that’s not at all a good sign.

The closure in Egypt’s Cairo in the heat of the Arab Spring seemed well planned and orderly by comparison.

The Hidden Issue Behind Marines Ditching Weapons In Yemen The Daily Caller

I've flown on every sort of military aircraft. I've never once seen a situation where we had to destroy our weapons. Never.

This episode is a total disgrace. I don't believe it even happened when we left Vietnam and Cambodia.

The shit that gets by these idiots in the White House is so amazing and yet so predictable.

I really wouldn't feel safe at all with the current administration. Even while I was in Mogadishu Somalia I felt I had more support than our troops have today from this idiot. He doesn't care. He takes nothing seriously. He will end up killing hundreds, maybe thousands of our troops because he doesn't give a flying-fuck about them.

Forum List

Back