Marine PFT

It just hurts my heart that they now want to change standards so that male and female can pass the same test.....

Females are not equal to males on a physical level, thank God....

It just hurts my heart that they now want to change standards so that male and female can pass the same test.....

Females are not equal to males on a physical level, thank God....

Pretty sure she could kick your ass.

marine_cover_pauline.jpg

When facing the enemy is it really necessary to impress them with a few pull-ups ?

Aren't there other methods of training for strength and stamina?

Sent from my ass using USMessageBoard.com

When facing the enemy is it really necessary to impress them with a few pull-ups ?

Sure there is, but do you want the men to train down so that the women are equal?

Sure there is, but do you want the men to train down so that the women are equal?

No of course not.

The old standard for women was a flex arm hang. 15 seconds to pass but 70 seconds to max it.

Marines delay female fitness plan after half fail pull-up test* - NY Daily News

70 seconds is a long time to keep your arms bent enough to count. I remember when I was a Sgt a GySgt disparaged the Female Marine test. So the CO made him take both tests ) It was hilarious.

So, you thought it was hilarious that an officer purposely embarrassed a Gy. Sgt in front of his trainees? What Marine Corps did you serve in?

The old standard for women was a flex arm hang. 15 seconds to pass but 70 seconds to max it.

70 seconds is a long time to keep your arms bent enough to count. I remember when I was a Sgt a GySgt disparaged the Female Marine test. So the CO made him take both tests ) It was hilarious.

So, you thought it was hilarious that an officer purposely embarrassed a Gy. Sgt in front of his trainees? What Marine Corps did you serve in?

The one where a SNCO is punished for unbecoming behavior to lower ranked troops. Punished in a way that does not effect his career. Did I mention he disparaged the female Marines while they were preparing for the fitness test?

Last edited:

The one where a SNCO is punished for unbecoming behavior to lower ranked troops. Punished in a way that does not effect his career. Did I mention he disparaged the female Marines while they were preparing for the fitness test?

Disparaged? You think a Gy-Sgt should be humiliated by an officer in front of his trainees because he freaking "disparaged" somebody? The Marines sure has changed since I was in.

My wife can do both. Her record for the flexed arm-hang was just short of 3 minutes, but that was in HS. (A state record that, AFAIK, still stands, and was she ever pissed that she didn't make 3 minutes.) She does pull-ups every other day, always at least five.

Last edited:

Disparaged? You think a Gy-Sgt should be humiliated by an officer in front of his trainees because he freaking "disparaged" somebody? The Marines sure has changed since I was in.

Not trainees pogue, we were a regular unit. They were full Marines not recruits and not trainees. And yes he insulted them to their faces. Any SNCO that would do that is beneath contempt. As a leader one is not supposed to insult or belittle their troops. He got what was coming to him.

Not trainees pogue, we were a regular unit. They were full Marines not recruits and not trainees. And yes he insulted them to their faces. Any SNCO that would do that is beneath contempt. As a leader one is not supposed to insult or belittle their troops. He got what was coming to him.

This is true, As a platoon Sergeant you have to respect those who work for you, You have to perform your mission as a team.

However since I was the Operations Sergeant in a training company my last 2 years it was my job to dog them to death......

2 totally different circumstances....

That was my experience in the Corps - correction, the Old Corps. Every Marine was treated with respect, but recruit training was another matter. Example:

DI (Drill Instructor): “Do you like me boy?"
Recruit: “Sir, yes sir.”
DI: "Boy, do you know that liking leads to loving and loving leads to fucking?"
Recruit: “Sir, Yes sir.”
DI: “Do you want to fuck me boy?”
Recruit: “Sir, no sir.”
DI: “Well, do you like me boy.”
Recruit: "Sir, no sir.”
DI: “Well, why don't you like me?”

And it's all downhill from there.

Another one:

DI: "Boy, you didn't shave this morning, did you?”
Recruit: "Sir, yes sir.”​
DI: "Boy, I said you didn't shave this morning. Are you calling me a liar?”
DI: "Boy, did you shave this morning?"
DI: "Well, why didn't you shave this morning?”

And it's all downhill from there. It usually ends with the DI saying, "Well, shitbird, next time try standing a little closer to the motherfucking razor.”

God, I love Parris Island.

Semper FI.

Gunny, was there ever any hazing done in this unit?

No, why?

No, why?

Just wondering. I've never seen an Officer berate a SNCO before (most SNCO's would not stand for it), so I'm surprised it would happen over someones hurt feelings. But I was infantry so we did not have too many female Marines around.

A lot of the old school Marine's were cool with hazing, just wondering if that was you. But obviously not if you think its ok to publically scold Marines in leadership billets for insulting someone.

No worries.

No, why?

Just wondering. I've never seen an Officer berate a SNCO before (most SNCO's would not stand for it), so I'm surprised it would happen over someones hurt feelings. But I was infantry so we did not have too many female Marines around.

A lot of the old school Marine's were cool with hazing, just wondering if that was you. But obviously not if you think its ok to publically scold Marines in leadership billets for insulting someone.

No worries.

Well the CO could always have charged him and put it on his record. Or mentioned it on his fitness report.

New Topics

Forum List

Back