Marine jailed after attacking Pentagon in viral video over Afghanistan withdrawal

Even before Tet, Foxtrot Company in my battalion lost 59 dead out of 150 in a matter of hours (Operation Union II).

Once again, a claim I just can not believe.

That was a Regimental sized operation, with 3 Battalions participating (2/5, 1/7, and 2/7). And the total USMC KIA total was 71 (110 including USA .

And we are supposed to believe that most of that number was in a single Company? And it did not get a PUC, even though Delta 1/7 and Echo 2/7 did?

Once again, that is nothing like any AAR I have been able to find about that operation. Reference?

You better not be suggesting that a Democrat would......

I have seen lies from all sides of the political spectrum.

But the thing is, when I read things like that, my BS detector immediately goes off. Then I do what many probably do not expect. The AAR and historical analysis of many operations like those listed are readily available. I simply start looking through them, and see if the figures match. I could not care what their political bias is, when somebody makes claims like half of a unit destroyed in the post-WWII era, my nose starts to smell crap.

Like the most recent claims, about Operation Union II. Total USMC dead is 71, yet somebody just claimed 59 came from a single company. If that was true, that Company Commander would have to have been a complete moron, to lose about 1/3 of his company, and yet only 12 died from the rest of the 3 battalions involved. The last time the Marines saw losses like that in combat was during WWII, at places like Tarawa and Iwo Jima.

My company at Tarawa actually did sustain those kind of losses. Where my company was lead by a green 2nd LT, and the Battalion was commanded by the S-3 Major (the CO was killed before he even reached the shore). If I remember right, over 2/3 of the officers and senior NCOs were killed or wounded. Of course, 2/2 was also the spearhead of the invasion force. Which anybody who knows that battle knows were dropped off in the surf about 200 meters from shore, and had to wade in through machinegun and mortar fire from the Japanese.

After the first day, the remnants of the Battalion were pooled together with several other shattered units into an ad-hoc light Battalion.

You’ve never read any history about World War II have you? The Military including a Corporal named Adolph Hitler believed they were winning the First World War, and when the nation Surrendered, looked around for someone to blame. You see, they had fought, and knew first hand how well they were doing. So they rationalized that it must have been the Communists, and their Jew controllers, a world wide Jewish Conspiracy, that caused Germany to lose the First World War.

Someone who is there can tell you what it was like there. They can tell you of their own experiences, but they can’t tell you if we are winning or losing. In Vietnam, we won the battles, and lost the war. We were always going to lose. And Afghanistan is exactly the same. Nobody has ever conquered Afghanistan. The terrain is terrible, and the people determined. Imagine invading Texas. Do you think that anyone would ever subjugate them? Or would they fight on for generations if that is what it took? I’d bet they would fight for generations, if that is what it took to be free Texans.

To our idiotic Lieutenant Colonel. The UCMJ is very specific. You do not do what he did. Ever. Period. If you do you face Courts Martial, or if you are very lucky Non Judicial Punishment. He is too highly ranked for Non Judicial Punishment. It was going to be a Courts Martial. If he is very lucky at this point, he will find himself looking at a General Discharge. I doubt he’ll get that lucky. I think the Marines will boot him as an E-I Owe You one. Complete with the Dishonorable Discharge. That is a Felony Conviction if you are wondering.

This is not new. This has been the standard for our Military for generations. You just do not denigrate or speak out against our leadership as part of your official position. You get in civilian clothing, and you make the statement, as a civilian, if ever. You do not reference the Military, or any experience you have. Until you are well and truly out you don’t do it.

This fellow joins a long line of idiots who learned the lesson the hard way. And he will profess not to regret it. And perhaps he doesn’t. But he changed nothing.

And if you wonder if it happened while I was in. You bet your ass it did. I personally jumped on my Corporal’s ass when he bad mouthed the President before the troops. I flatly told him if he did that again I’d march his ass to the Commander personally and bring him up on charges myself. He could have any opinions he wanted. But he was not to express them while in uniform and on duty. If he needed to express them he was free to do so as an American Citizen, in civilian clothing, in a civilian setting.

That Corporal left the Army, and it was better off without him. This Colonel just threw away all the time he has served. He won’t get any retirement. He won’t get any benefits, and he’s going to be facing a Dishonorable. That will make him ineligible for a lot of jobs.

He didn’t speak truth to power. He wasn’t brave. He was stupid. So stupid I wonder how he got to that rank. Someone should have eased him out of the Corps a long time ago.
I agree with everything you say except in regards to Afghanistan....we were never there to conquer the country....we had nothing against Afghanistan or the Afghanistan people........we went there to get rid of Al-quada.

With around 200 boots on the ground working in conjunction with Afghani patriots and the Air Force we chased Alquada and their leader osama bin laden out of Afghanistan whilst killing and maiming a big percentage of them.

mistakes we made.... allowing the Al-quada to have refuge in Pakistan and wasting trillons of dollars trying to create a modern democratic state in Afghanistan.

But our biggest mistake of all was to surrender afghanistan to the taliban.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back