Marcus Luttrell

deltex1

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2012
Near the Alamo
Is he a man or what? I have his book that he autographed, after being gracious enough to take a picture with my then one year old granddaughter. One intense dude...a bone fide American hero.

A hero indeed.
Though I think he may have tarnished the accolades some by milking the story for all it's worth. It used to be that warriors like him did their job and accepted the kudos humbly. The seals are particularly targets of the jihadists, such braggadocio can only increase the bounty on their heads and the rejoicing in their deaths by their enemy.

A hero indeed.
Though I think he may have tarnished the accolades some by milking the story for all it's worth. It used to be that warriors like him did their job and accepted the kudos humbly. The seals are particularly targets of the jihadists, such braggadocio can only increase the bounty on their heads and the rejoicing in their deaths by their enemy.

I disagree. He told his story. People need to know of the horrors, complications and paradoxes that our troops encounter. Journalists seldom get close enough.

Couldn't make it through the book, that guy who wrote it did a crappy job. Bad engagement that is studied very closely in the military community to teach lessons on what not to do.

Can't wait to see the movie, looks good.

Hi deltex1,
I hope, with all my heart, that the "horrors, complications and paradoxes" of warfare are known to every sentient being on this planet without reference to this event. I guess you don't believe revealing the specifics of an operation, especially one that could be advertised as a "victory" by the jiihadists provides them with recruitment propaganda.

Forum List

Back