March Madness

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
Does anyone know how to, or has there been bracket group set up?
I would try but I don't have the time, but I always like picking.

BYU will win it all.

BYU didn't beat the Zags

But they were a wide open three from taking the lead within the last minute. BYU isn't as good as other years though. They have some sneaky good talent and I'd consider them a darkhorse candidate for the Sweet Sixteen. I don't know if they'll even make the tourney though. My guess is yes b/c 20 plus win teams from mid majors often do. But their resume is pretty weak.

BYU will win it all.

BYU didn't beat the Zags

But they were a wide open three from taking the lead within the last minute. BYU isn't as good as other years though. They have some sneaky good talent and I'd consider them a darkhorse candidate for the Sweet Sixteen. I don't know if they'll even make the tourney though. My guess is yes b/c 20 plus win teams from mid majors often do. But their resume is pretty weak.

They beat them by 20 the first time. This game was played at BYU though, and any team like BYU wants to knock Zags off, especially after what happened to Indiana and Duke.

Plus gonzaga and Few love to let teams get that close, one of my problems with them. I think I had about five heart attacks before it was over.

BYU didn't beat the Zags

They beat them by 20 the first time. This game was played at BYU though, and any team like BYU wants to knock Zags off, especially after what happened to Indiana and Duke.

It was a conference match-up with them needing a big win on their resume. I don't think stopping them from reaching number one gave them any extra motivation.

And they lost by 20 b/c they're not that good like I said. But I think they have some shooters and talent to make some noise. That Haws kid is especially upcoming. I think he has an outside shot at playing the wing in the NBA. And that lefty PG, who's name I don't recall. I've seen him have some good games. He's good at getting to the elbows and nailing shots. Davies is among the best low post presences in the game. And the team in general is good from outside.

All of that said, they have plenty of weaknesses and that's why they'll likely fall pretty quick in the tourney. But they're good enough to beat about anyone on any given night.

Plus gonzaga and Few love to let teams get that close, one of my problems with them. I think I had about five heart attacks before it was over.

I've liked the Zags forever too. I'm used to the tourney committee giving them BS seedings and match-ups. And that year they blew it against UCLA; total heartbreak. UCLA got away with some hacking, but they totally blew it.

And I think Gonzaga has had better teams in the past; but it's good to see them getting recognition. They can partly thank BYU for coming into their conference and making them more legit of a conference. That's going to be an epic rivalry.

I've liked the Zags forever too. I'm used to the tourney committee giving them BS seedings and match-ups. And that year they blew it against UCLA; total heartbreak. UCLA got away with some hacking, but they totally blew it.

And I think Gonzaga has had better teams in the past; but it's good to see them getting recognition. They can partly thank BYU for coming into their conference and making them more legit of a conference. That's going to be an epic rivalry.

Having been a Zags fan since a child, I think this team is the best they have. They play well as a team. Kelly is good, but he isn't a show boater like Adam Morrison. Of course I never liked Adam.
He was lazy, could have ten times better if he didn't have the attitude.
If they are going to make it to the Final Four this is the team.
They are better than they ever have been and there is no power house like Kentucky Etc this year.

erazeju4.jpg

Having been a Zags fan since a child, I think this team is the best they have. They play well as a team. Kelly is good, but he isn't a show boater like Adam Morrison. Of course I never liked Adam.
They are better than they ever have been and there is no power house like Kentucky Etc this year.

Gonzaga has much better teams IMO. They just weren't getting the respect they deserved. I've seen them have much more dominant teams. They are 1-2 vs. Top 25 teams with one of the losses being by 11 and the one win being by 1. For once, Gonzaga is actually over-rated.

You are right though, there is no big powerhouse this year like in other years.

Gonzaga has much better teams IMO. They just weren't getting the respect they deserved. I've seen them have much more dominant teams. They are 1-2 vs. Top 25 teams with one of the losses being by 11 and the one win being by 1. For once, Gonzaga is actually over-rated.

I don't think they are a Kentucky last year, but I think this year will be their best chance of getting to the final four. I haven't picked them to go passed the second round in awhile, I probably will this year.

I don't think they are a Kentucky last year, but I think this year will be their best chance of getting to the final four. I haven't picked them to go passed the second round in awhile, I probably will this year.

I can't tell you how many times I've picked them to make a Final Four. I almost expect them to let me down now.

I think I picked them the year Morrison played.

That was their best shot. They were better than UCLA and among the top five teams. And any game Morrison was on fire, they were very hard to beat. They should have won like the year Syracuse did with Carmelo Anthony.

Butler was ranked 27 in the AP and had the 24 RPI and had therefore earned a 6 or 7 seed. Naturally, they got tbe 8/9 seed for the tougher first round and the 1 seed in a second round match-up. Typical big conference rigged nonsense. Happens every year.

And then naturally, ESPN is spinning it the other way and pretending that the big conferences are getting screwed.

Forum List

Back