Many Questions, what's the best cheapest way to get a domain name, web page?

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
I have been out of computers since 1995,( all I used it for is to argue and research stuff) but now that I am retired I bought a new lap top, a desk top and going to get serious about it again..

What are the best ones to build a business? I have thousands of ideas going through my mind and the time to do it know since I pretty much have up arguing 24/7 about useless crap

I have been out of computers since 1995,( all I used it for is to argue and research stuff) but now that I am retired I bought a new lap top, a desk top and going to get serious about it again..

What are the best ones to build a business? I have thousands of ideas going through my mind and the time to do it know since I pretty much have up arguing 24/7 about useless crap
I used to use hostgator I now use A2.

hostgator.com

A2hosting

There are many sites I've been told that are "easy" and "cheap" to create your own website, but I have no clue what language they are using, because I don't understand anything they are talking about.

What they DON'T tell you, is that these sites make it easy for TECHINCAL GURU'S, NOT for the average joe that doesn't know much about computers.

There are many sites I've been told that are "easy" and "cheap" to create your own website, but I have no clue what language they are using, because I don't understand anything they are talking about.

What they DON'T tell you, is that these sites make it easy for TECHINCAL GURU'S, NOT for the average joe that doesn't know much about computers.
I used to know a lot about computers, but it's ancient language now, I thought I could just get a domain name and some type of template for a web page, I have been looking at go daddy for example, it's $10 bucks a month, for a domain name it's like $12 a year. Man when I had my apple computer it was so easy with hyper card, maybe I should also buy a Mac? or is it apple now computer?

I used to know a lot about computers, but it's ancient language now, I thought I could just get a domain name and some type of template for a web page, I have been looking at go daddy for example, it's $10 bucks a month, for a domain name it's like $12 a year. Man when I had my apple computer it was so easy with hyper card, maybe I should also buy a Mac? or is it apple now computer?

I've been wanting my own website for years, and spent a few years researching it all. I've found cheap and even free resources at times, but it's all written in high tech language. I've tried to find someone to help me out, but the people I know don't know enough about computer geek launguage to decyhper what these sites are talking about.

If you understand all this stuff, then I think you'd be better off developing a site for us NON-techies to use to create our own websites, with COMMON, everyday language. More like a "choose from this list, if you want this" and click the box you want if you want it, type of thing.
I think that would work for any computer you use.

I've been wanting my own website for years, and spent a few years researching it all. I've found cheap and even free resources at times, but it's all written in high tech language. I've tried to find someone to help me out, but the people I know don't know enough about computer geek launguage to decyhper what these sites are talking about.

If you understand all this stuff, then I think you'd be better off developing a site for us NON-techies to use to create our own websites, with COMMON, everyday language. More like a "choose from this list, if you want this" and click the box you want if you want it, type of thing.
I think that would work for any computer you use.
Interesting thanks for the information, that's why I have been looking into going back to school for a few courses in web design, I found a bunch of jobs looking for you tube and tik tok creators I am out the door in a few seconds to buy a real good camera , I just got to get my tik tok and you tube subscriptions up to around 7,000

Website to sell stuff?
There are many storefront templates online, for a subscription, that you can use.
Keeping in mind you will need payment processing, and security. Don't even think of paying for a subscription that does not include security such as Authnet (Authorize.net)
I can tell you a basic storefront, including payment processing and security is going to cost between $300 - $1000s a month depending on how many items and features.
That is on the low end

Last edited:

Forum List

Back